Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2021, 07:01 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
He's made no error! It's you that's teaching the opposite of Christ. Everyone can see that, Mystic, except you! That's why you are rejected by many here, it's just that simple.
You are accepting a wrathful and vengeful God that does NOT exist except in the primitive imaginations of our ignorant ancient ancestors who simply did not know any better. Everything was because of God, positive or negative. To their primitive minds, anything negative had to be the result of wrath because that is what motivated human anger and negative punishments. We know better today, or we SHOULD. Shame on you for retaining their ancient ignorant interpretations as scripture without testing the spirit against the Holy Spirit of agape love revealed by Jesus on the Cross.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2021, 08:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are accepting a wrathful and vengeful God that does NOT exist except in the primitive imaginations of our ignorant ancient ancestors who simply did not know any better. Everything was because of God, positive or negative. To their primitive minds, anything negative had to be the result of wrath because that is what motivated human anger and negative punishments. We know better today, or we SHOULD. Shame on you for retaining their ancient ignorant interpretations as scripture without testing the spirit against the Holy Spirit of agape love revealed by Jesus on the Cross.
Did you found this agape love cult or did you stumble on it and joined up?

Old 08-12-2021, 08:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Did you found this agape love cult or did you stumble on it and joined up?
Imagine, Charlie ... NO SATAN. NO HELL. NO RELIGIOUS CULTS ... and NO ONE WORLD RELIGION!

Old 08-12-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Imagine, Charlie ... NO SATAN. NO HELL. NO RELIGIOUS CULTS ... and NO ONE WORLD RELIGION!

It's not possible to imagine that unless you are willing to disregard the scripture.

Somehow I feel that would be no problem for you!

Old 08-12-2021, 08:31 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Human beings do the works of the flesh.

But do you know why mike?

The dead in sin do the works of the flesh for they are carnal minded and the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

What did Paul tell us? the good that I would do I do not but that which I would not do is that which I do. Why? Paul tells us it is because sin dwelleth in him.

Now here is the part you really need to pay attention to as Paul sums all this up with these words.

I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Mike this is a inward war, a war of the flesh life against the spirit life.

Quote:
At baptism is when we become a new man. That doesn't mean the "old man" is instantly mortified however.

You're speaking a nuanced language that I don't understand.

"Soul life"? We're not speaking the same language
He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

the word life here in the Greek is psychē and it is in reference to the soul, life, mind, heart and spirit.

Old 08-12-2021, 08:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

Quote:
It's not possible to imagine that unless you are willing to disregard the scripture.

Somehow I feel that would be no problem for you!
The thing I disregard is your understanding of them, but you already know that!

Old 08-12-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
The thing I disregard is your understanding of them, but you already know that!
I think the feeling is mutual there!

Old 08-12-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Jesus is the Saviour of all men...that is who He is;
Yes it is who He is, it is not just a title given to Him, it is a title given to Him because of what He did, is doing and will do He IS the saviour of ALL MEN because that is what He is.

Quote:
because He died to save mankind and His sacrifice was for the sins of the whole world.
a sacrifice you believe simply was not enough for the whole world.

Quote:
There is no one who cannot avail themselves of what Christ did for them on the Cross.
In other words Jesus is not their saviour, they save themselves.

Quote:
That being said, not everyone will avail themselves of what He did for them on the Cross; and those who don't, will not be saved.
and that is simply against what the scripture teach. every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ IS Lord to the glory of God the Father.

Quote:
It should be clear that in the English rendering of Matthew 25:46, there is everlasting punishment for some. Even Rose2Luv doesn't try to refute this.
And it should be clear from the original language that the English rendition is in error.

Quote:
So, how will all men be saved?
Because the Father and the Son both will it

Quote:
Which is a different thing from saying that Jesus is the Saviour of all men.
only in your mind

Quote:
Also, as concerning your other contention,

It should be clear that if anyone confesses with their mouth the Lord Jesus, believing that God has raised Him from the dead, they shall be saved (Romans 10:9-10); and that "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13).

That appears to me to be a choice that is made by man.

And if the choice is not given until after regeneration, then the choice isn't necessary because the person has already been regenerated.

Why, then does the Bible even relate to us such verses as Romans 10:9-10 and Romans 10:13?
You simply do not understand how it all works together if you think choice is unnecessary after one has been regenerated.

Tell me JBF can an unborn child have a choice to live or die before they are even born? or does the unborn child help with its own delivery?

Old 08-12-2021, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Your question is not really relevant to the topic at hand.

The dry bones are the people of Israel. They already belong to God by virtue of the covenant. The bones being dressed with flesh is not a picture of eternal salvation, but temporal salvation as it signifies their return to the Promised Land.

Christ had not yet come, so the gates of heaven had not yet been opened. Therefore, they had no access to eternal life at that point in time. They were all destined for Hades when they died, at least temporarily until the Harrowing of Hell, regardless of their standing with God.
actually it is very relevant as it shows the method of how the dead are raised to life and we are not saved from death but out of death.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I know this

But we need to put forward the side of the mediator in the middle as well

The problem is not understanding the depth, height, breadth and that the Scriptures are not addressing the individual, it is the individuals who brings things to the table and there needs to be an understanding between the parties about their “purpose” otherwise it degrades into a “street brawl”
I guess it is how one understand what is being said. if one speaks out against a belief they disagree with and gives the reason they disagree with it people should not take that personally, but they do, so does that means we should not speak out because some might take offence? People need to toughen up a little and stop crying every time some disagrees with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity