Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2021, 09:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If you ACTUALLY spent your time trying to be like Jesus, no one would have any problem with you, Charlie. The problem is that you ACTUALLY spend your time trying to be like the judgmental, wrathful, and vengeful God our ignorant primitive ancestors' believed in who is not remotely like Jesus!!!
Wow.

Way to be Jesus-like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 09:19 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
God didn't call us to Himself by agape love, I will say it again, God did not call us to Himself by agape love!!!

He called us by FAITH!!! He has promised to preserve His Word for us, if the KJV has doctrinal errors, IT IS HIS FAULT, NOT MINE!!!

Where is your faith? Can you not believe God that you have to test His word according to anything for truth?

Who do you think you are to test Him when you have nothing to test it with but your opinion?

If we can't trust Him at His Word, that He has preserved His word, we have nothing, it's all a shame!

Doubt His Word if you will, you will pay the ultimate price. But as for me, I choose to believe every Word, adding or taking nothing from it whether I like it or not. I believe with all my heart He has preserved His Word and those who don't follow it as written will answer and pay the price whatever that may be!

I will guarantee you I am not perfect in my beliefs, but I for sure will not be found guilty for doubting His words and finding alternatives.
Charlie, you are reading a book filled with sayings and idioms that you dont understand because you dont know the religion, and I can give you many examples of something being said that means something totally different than you think it means.

New Testament is chuck full of those types of idioms.

" No man knows the day, only the father."

Every Jew knew the day spoken of, and the very hour, and by saying," nobody knows the day,," everyone understood it was Rosh Hashanah and they were forbidden to speak of the day so that Gentiles would not know the day, and they still dont know, but everyone in Judaism does.

Why couldnt they speak of Rosh Hashanah around Gentiles,?

Because Rosh Hashanah is the great judgement of all Gentiles, not Jews.

The new testament is filled with idioms like that, just as your understanding of hell is so wrong, hell is IN FACT, the outer court of Gentiles.

Everyone knew this, everyone knew that the fact of them being Gentiles meant judgement.

Every scripture of hell is about that court, and there IS STILL SALVATION IN THE COURT. The court is talked about so badly because nobody there becomes immortal while all Jews become immortal. The difference in the court and the holy of holy is so vast that hell is relayed where you have a world filled with immortals, and you separated from them with a dying body where your worm will never die.

Old 08-13-2021, 09:24 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,168,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Won't it be jolly to be singing with the angels in heaven, knowing that your child is meanwhile screaming in the eternal torments of hell?

Who can honestly say they'd be fine with it?

I am not asking for scriptural references alone, but for the human, emotional and psychological aspects of the situation.
A loving God will not send a child under the age of accountability to hell............they will be supported by heavenly forces and raised to fully functioning kids.........

Old 08-13-2021, 09:52 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
God didn't call us to Himself by agape love, I will say it again, God did not call us to Himself by agape love!!!
Jesus is God. He called you to faith in Him by His actions on the Cross which were PERFECT agape love and forgiveness, even for His torturers and murderers!!! We are told to preach Jesus on the Cross. How on earth can you say He did NOT call us through His agape love and forgiveness, Charlie????

You are so blinded and biased by our ignorant primitive ancestors' barbaric belief in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices. You completely miss the actual Good News Gospel of Christ about God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love!!! You color everything you believe under the umbrella of wrath and vengeance! It is so frustrating! BELIEVE JESUS, Charlie. He was not remotely ambiguous about His Holy Spirit of agape love!!!

Old 08-13-2021, 10:07 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wow.

Way to be Jesus-like.
Yeah, that kindly tickled me also, like Mystic is anything like Jesus lol, he spends all his time proving that Jesus could not have been the Messiah Israel had waited upon.

There s no need for Jews to come in here and debate , Mystic is all they need to prove Jesus was a thug

Old 08-13-2021, 10:23 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
I'm pretty sure I didn't take you out of context. You said:
"Hell must be truly like hell so that heaven can truly be heavenly."
Even if you meant to say that heaven can't be heavenly until you kick out the sinners, it does not change the main point being made - that heaven is exclusive by its nature. There have to be outsiders - otherwise there can be no insiders. Without the screams of the damned there could be no music of the blessed.
I'm pretty sure that the screams of the damned will not be heard by those who will be rejoicing in heaven.

Is it your assumption that those who rejoice in heaven will be rejoicing OVER the suffering of the damned?

Jesus is going to wipe away all of our tears; and then there will be no more sorrow, pain, death, or crying; for those who are in heaven.

That indicates to me that those who have been lost will be mercifully put out of our minds for that the glories of heaven will far outweigh the memory of them (see Isaiah 65:17-18).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Yes it is who He is, it is not just a title given to Him, it is a title given to Him because of what He did, is doing and will do He IS the saviour of ALL MEN because that is what He is.

a sacrifice you believe simply was not enough for the whole world.

In other words Jesus is not their saviour, they save themselves.

and that is simply against what the scripture teach. every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ IS Lord to the glory of God the Father.

And it should be clear from the original language that the English rendition is in error.

Because the Father and the Son both will it

only in your mind

You simply do not understand how it all works together if you think choice is unnecessary after one has been regenerated.

Tell me JBF can an unborn child have a choice to live or die before they are even born? or does the unborn child help with its own delivery?
See Acts 2:40. They do in fact save themselves.

A child does in fact help with its own delivery; the mother is not the only one who pushes in that instance.

The sacrifice would avail for the whole wold if the whole world would believe in Christ. But they do not.

I think that my point is that one must believe in Christ in order to be saved; and must do so before they die; for it is written,

Heb 9:27, And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

That some will be cast into the lake of fire at their judgment should be evident when you read Revelation 20:10-15.

Looking at human history, there are many who have died "in their sins" and have cursed the Lord on their deathbeds as they entered into a Christ-less eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
You spout BS all the time Charlie and I'm pretty sure you don't bother reading half of the material presented. Who claims no devil? Who claims no hell? They are both real. Hell is weeping and gnashing of teeth due to a selfish life style while on Earth and the punishment is shame. (self inflicted) . Now, you got one right, no eternal punishment. Imagine a car mechanic (are you even reading this Charlie)? that decides to torch his beloved car instead of repairing it because the transmission is busted. How much different is that? That's what you knuckleheads say, just torch the vehicle instead of fix it.
Sometimes getting the insurance money can be a better proposition than keeping and fixing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
It is easy if you try sir
Except that the one world religion is all about imagining what the Beatles wanted you to imagine.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:43 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Jesus is God. He called you to faith in Him by His actions on the Cross which were PERFECT agape love and forgiveness, even for His torturers and murderers!!! We are told to preach Jesus on the Cross. How on earth can you say He did NOT call us through His agape love and forgiveness, Charlie????

You are so blinded and biased by our ignorant primitive ancestors' barbaric belief in a wrathful and vengeful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices. You completely miss the actual Good News Gospel of Christ about God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love!!! You color everything you believe under the umbrella of wrath and vengeance! It is so frustrating! BELIEVE JESUS, Charlie. He was not remotely ambiguous about His Holy Spirit of agape love!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, that kindly tickled me also, like Mystic is anything like Jesus lol, he spends all his time proving that Jesus could not have been the Messiah Israel had waited upon.
There s no need for Jews to come in here and debate, Mystic is all they need to prove Jesus was a thug
The only thug here is you, Hanni. You spend your time lying about me and promoting the bigotry of your God. I spend my time defending the God Jesus revealed on the Cross as the Holy Spirit of agape love and promoting agape love for God and each other every day and repenting when we fail.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:04 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Sometimes getting the insurance money can be a better proposition than keeping and fixing the car.
To torch your vehicle in need of repair would be insurance fraud.

Old 08-13-2021, 06:37 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
If you ACTUALLY spent your time trying to be like Jesus, no one would have any problem with you, Charlie. The problem is that you ACTUALLY spend your time trying to be like the judgmental, wrathful, and vengeful God our ignorant primitive ancestors' believed in who is not remotely like Jesus!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wow.

Way to be Jesus-like.
Actually, Mystic's little rant above sounds VERY MUCH like Jesus when He was dealing with the sanctimonious Pharisees!

Old 08-13-2021, 06:44 PM

6,798 posts, read 2,914,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I'm pretty sure that the screams of the damned will not be heard by those who will be rejoicing in heaven.
I'm nominating ^ as probably being the most callous comment of all time made by a professed Christian.

Who ARE you wretched people???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity