Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 11:10 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times

Advertisements

In some of the first chapters of the Bible, it talks about the Nephilim (even before the Annunaki; I know the Nephilim are mentioned in the Bible, not sure if the Annunaki are.) I wonder what, or who, these could be.

Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim are mentioned just before the Flood account in Genesis 6:4, which states:
Quote:
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went in to the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. These were the heroes that were of old, warriors of renown.
1. Could they be aliens? I believe Aliens are Demons, but I could make another thread about that.

2. Were they the Giants? Because the Bible clearly says, - Oh my, it is the same verse.

Quote:
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Now, God did create all things, so.. These must have come from the angels, as we were made in their image?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 11:38 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Nachmanides translated 'Nephilim' as 'inferior' from 'naphal'. he said thy were smaller statues than 'sons of God'.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:02 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
In some of the first chapters of the Bible, it talks about the Nephilim (even before the Annunaki; I know the Nephilim are mentioned in the Bible, not sure if the Annunaki are.) I wonder what, or who, these could be.

Genesis 6:4

The Nephilim are mentioned just before the Flood account in Genesis 6:4, which states:

1. Could they be aliens? I believe Aliens are Demons, but I could make another thread about that.

2. Were they the Giants? Because the Bible clearly says, - Oh my, it is the same verse.

Now, God did create all things, so.. These must have come from the angels, as we were made in their image?
The original view of the Nephilim held in 2nd temple period Judaism is that the they were the offspring of the union between 200 rebellious angels and human women. This view is given in the book of 1 Enoch which is 2nd temple period Jewish literature.

The Wesley Center Online: Book Of Enoch
[Chapter 6]

1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaq1el, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

[Chapter 7]

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms 2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.
The Nephilim were said to be giants, but they were obviously not three thousand ells/8,612 feet (according to a conversion chart) tall. More like 7 to 9 feet tall which is well within human limits. Think Goliath. The Bible speaks of various giant clans such as the Emim, Zamzummim and the Anakim who were of the Nephilim according to Numbers 13:32-33.

Old 08-15-2021, 12:23 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default The Nephilim

This is all very fascinating and I wish we could go back in time and see just exactly what our primitive ancestors were trying to communicate about what existed back then. However, I fail to see that it helps us to understand God or Jesus or our current purpose even if we did know what it was really all about.

Old 08-15-2021, 01:59 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
See the giants before the flood is the firstborn or blessed by God from Adam to Noah were the giants sons of God who bore children from wives of the earth as most of these were giants because they lived for up to 900 years .... Where after the flood the firstborn and blessed by God live years younger like for 3 hundred years to 2 hundred to one hundred and twenty were Abraham lived to one hundred and seventy years and the last long lifers ...... See don't believe in the book of Enoch was anointed of God, or the Hollywood movie that physical giants from the bible story

Old 08-15-2021, 02:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
I believe they were men of stature, who mingled with the daughters of the common people.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:45 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe they were men of stature, who mingled with the daughters of the common people.
Yep

2 types are to be recognised from the illustrated story/narrative

Sons of God and the daughters of men

And that is actually similar to this

Mat 11:11**Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
Mat 11:12**And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
Mat 11:13**For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

And this

Joh 1:6**There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7**The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Heaven and earth are in relationship with each other but separate from each other

Old 08-15-2021, 02:58 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Heaven and earth are in relationship with each other but separate from each other
Ah, if only you knew enough science to recognize how absolutely accurate this is and NOT just in the abstract, Meerkat.

Old 08-15-2021, 02:59 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
The Bible has to be interpreted in the time and culture in which it was written. And in the time and culture in which the Bible was written the Jews held to the view that the Nephilim were the offspring of the union between angels and human females. And who the Bible? Jews did.

The backdrop for the Nephilim story in the Bible is the Akkadian Apkallu. The Apkallu were seven demigods in Summerian and Akkadian lore that were sometimes described as part man part fish. They were also said to be wise sages sent by the gods to impart wisdom to man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apkallu

The biblical story of the Nephilim is a polemic against the Akkadian Apkallu.

Old 08-15-2021, 03:01 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ah, if only you knew enough science to recognize how absolutely accurate this is and NOT just in the abstract, Meerkat.
I know enough to understand the relationship Mystic (and for me it is not just in the abstract, there is dimensional)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity