Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 11:01 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times

Advertisements

Speaking of the Nephilim...I was listening to a podcast on Cryptids recently, they were theorizing all the cryptids people are seeing...are the spirits of the dead Nephilim...furthermore, they are not harming people because, 'the time is not yet'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2021, 08:24 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,846,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Speaking of the Nephilim...I was listening to a podcast on Cryptids recently, they were theorizing all the cryptids people are seeing...are the spirits of the dead Nephilim...furthermore, they are not harming people because, 'the time is not yet'.
That is... interesting. What podcast?

Old 09-04-2021, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
That is... interesting. What podcast?
The one I listen to most is 'Paranormal Round table' with Josh Turner, but to be honest, Ive seen this theory mentioned numerous times in other shows too.

They look at many of these cryptid encounters, such as Bigfoot, Dogman, (werewolf looking creatures), and there are similarities across the board, from 1000s of sighting reports, one is the bluff charge...the creature will run towards a person, but the last minute, veer off or vanish into thin air...it seems like the intent is more to frighten the person, rather than harming them.

Josh Turner believes they are not permitted to harm just yet,but the time is coming.

The theory on these things being the spirits of the Nephilim is very interesting, I think they can take on different forms, things they think people will be frightened of I guess.

Old 09-06-2021, 03:42 PM

Quote:
The one I listen to most is 'Paranormal Round table' with Josh Turner, but to be honest, Ive seen this theory mentioned numerous times in other shows too.

They look at many of these cryptid encounters, such as Bigfoot, Dogman, (werewolf looking creatures), and there are similarities across the board, from 1000s of sighting reports, one is the bluff charge...the creature will run towards a person, but the last minute, veer off or vanish into thin air...it seems like the intent is more to frighten the person, rather than harming them.

Josh Turner believes they are not permitted to harm just yet,but the time is coming.

The theory on these things being the spirits of the Nephilim is very interesting, I think they can take on different forms, things they think people will be frightened of I guess.
This is interesting to me as well.

I think it is pretty widely accepted that ghosts are demons, as they can take the form of anyone ("That's not grandma, that's a demon..") being a "familiar spirit."

Could the creatures you speak of also be angels? Angels are also capable of being mighty warriors.. I think it interesting that they don't appear to just anyone.

The idea of angels and demons (Aliens are probably demons too) makes a lot of sense, since those that have died have been judged, not "wandering the earth as a ghost."

And apologies on my delayed replies, I have a lot going on but I do look here when I can.

Old 09-06-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
This is interesting to me as well.

I think it is pretty widely accepted that ghosts are demons, as they can take the form of anyone ("That's not grandma, that's a demon..") being a "familiar spirit."

Could the creatures you speak of also be angels? Angels are also capable of being mighty warriors.. I think it interesting that they don't appear to just anyone.

The idea of angels and demons (Aliens are probably demons too) makes a lot of sense, since those that have died have been judged, not "wandering the earth as a ghost."

And apologies on my delayed replies, I have a lot going on but I do look here when I can.
Ive looked into the Dogman cases extensively, and they are WEIRD with a capital W! Majority of people that encounter them claim they look flesh and blood, as any other animal, in many cases the witness sees the chest and other muscles expanding and contracting, they see breath in the cold air, they can see it eating roadkill, drool coming out of its mouth, there is sometimes a rancid rotting meat smell noticed, etc etc...if these are 'apparitions'...they are extremely realistic!

And I guess that is the real question...can angels/demons manifest to this degree in the physical world...can they just make a werewolf type creature appear out of thin air, and have it move around, its physiology being accurate? IDK?

Most people that see the Dogmen describe them as looking exactly like a 'hollywood werewolf', tall, muscular, ferocious,...but they seem to want to get away from the human as fast as possible in most cases, or they try to hide.

I personally think this is connected to the native american Skinwalker in some way, its a curse, or affliction of some type, that has made its way out of native american areas, I dont think there are many of these things out there, but I think they move around frequently, likely living as transients/off the grid.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Ive looked into the Dogman cases extensively, and they are WEIRD with a capital W! Majority of people that encounter them claim they look flesh and blood, as any other animal, in many cases the witness sees the chest and other muscles expanding and contracting, they see breath in the cold air, they can see it eating roadkill, drool coming out of its mouth, there is sometimes a rancid rotting meat smell noticed, etc etc...if these are 'apparitions'...they are extremely realistic!

And I guess that is the real question...can angels/demons manifest to this degree in the physical world...can they just make a werewolf type creature appear out of thin air, and have it move around, its physiology being accurate? IDK?

Most people that see the Dogmen describe them as looking exactly like a 'hollywood werewolf', tall, muscular, ferocious,...but they seem to want to get away from the human as fast as possible in most cases, or they try to hide.

I personally think this is connected to the native american Skinwalker in some way, its a curse, or affliction of some type, that has made its way out of native american areas, I dont think there are many of these things out there, but I think they move around frequently, likely living as transients/off the grid.
Well these are good points. I know The Amityville Horror has been revealed as a terrible work of fiction, (I wish someone had told me that as a kid, that the whole "demonic possessed house" was just a cover for the guy murdering his family. He seems unrepentant too) but what about hotels like the inspiration for The Shining? OR just regular "poltergeists," I mean.. Ok the question you asked was if demons/apparitions can manifest themselves to that degree.

I would think that, if no body was found... Yes. You could include Bigfoot possibly too...

Hmmm. I mean, these things I suppose it wonders on where they "came from" , I look for things like this that seem "hard to explain," I wonder if this is the one where a rock was thrown and there was a brief explanation as to how it could not have FALLEN it appears to have been THROWN and then the guy ran off screaming in horror and they say it was NOT scripted.. I too despise scripted things (any "reality show") but check this out.. may not be best video but.

Quote:
Any reality show that involves ghosts will be written off by skeptics, but fans of the reality show Ghost Hunters have been subjected to some creepy stuff over the years. The show sees a team of investigators spending the night in allegedly haunted houses, asylums, castles, and more, and there have been some encounters that are hard to write off as coincidence. From the investigator who was allegedly pushed down a flight of stairs by a ghost to the crew member who was so horrified that he quit the show, let’s take a look at the creepiest things we’ve witnessed on Ghost Hunters.
Shows like this are too scary for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44QFd2kln4

Quote:
That's a veryyy high level demon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8yzTk4s4cA

Old 09-07-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Well these are good points. I know The Amityville Horror has been revealed as a terrible work of fiction, (I wish someone had told me that as a kid, that the whole "demonic possessed house" was just a cover for the guy murdering his family. He seems unrepentant too) but what about hotels like the inspiration for The Shining? OR just regular "poltergeists," I mean.. Ok the question you asked was if demons/apparitions can manifest themselves to that degree.

I would think that, if no body was found... Yes. You could include Bigfoot possibly too...

Hmmm. I mean, these things I suppose it wonders on where they "came from" , I look for things like this that seem "hard to explain," I wonder if this is the one where a rock was thrown and there was a brief explanation as to how it could not have FALLEN it appears to have been THROWN and then the guy ran off screaming in horror and they say it was NOT scripted.. I too despise scripted things (any "reality show") but check this out.. may not be best video but.

Shows like this are too scary for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K44QFd2kln4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8yzTk4s4cA
I forgot to include this in my last post, there was a 'Dogman/werewolf' case at a local bowling in my city in 2008, (the case I investigated with the help of a retired police detective), before I had the 4 witnesses names, I posted on FB, asking for information...

I got many joke comments, but a few were serious...One man lived in a city about 6 miles from the bowling alley, he claimed as a child, living in Beechgrove, Independence, KY, he and a group of kids witnessed a local guy 'transforming'... he said the guy in his 20s, was rolling around on the ground in severe pain, sweat was pouring off him and this person literally saw thick hair sprouting, he saw black claws extending from his finger tips and his face was becoming longer, (like a snout).

Unfortunately he didnt stick around to see it for too long, but he did say, this kids mother came out and ran the kids off, telling them her son was drunk and/or sick.

One other serious message I got was from a local person that claimed when they vacationed in New Orleans years ago, they had also seen a person 'transforming', they described it pretty much the same way, it was slower than the movies depict, but it was something they could see progressing...here again though, they didnt stick around to see what happened.

I messaged with the first guy for awhile, I wanted to see if he was just joking or fabricating it, he didnt appear to be, he was quite serious about it and said it caused him mental trauma over the years (he couldnt believe what he was seeing)

One other thing I noticed with these cases, witnesses claim the nose on these creatures is abnormally large and canine like (black in color), the police sketch depicts it well, the canine nose is too large for the face.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:00 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
just did an in-depth study of Jude 6-7. It refers to the angels in chains in darkness. I'm really beginning to believe that yes, the Nephilim may have been the offspring of angels and women. Genesis 6, though, may have only been pointing to the legends of the mighty men of the Nephilim as only a time reference, though.

Old 09-09-2021, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
just did an in-depth study of Jude 6-7. It refers to the angels in chains in darkness. I'm really beginning to believe that yes, the Nephilim may have been the offspring of angels and women. Genesis 6, though, may have only been pointing to the legends of the mighty men of the Nephilim as only a time reference, though.
One of the reasons I believe the Nephilim were indeed 'giants' and hybrids...NOWHERE in the bible, is a human being referred to as being a 'Nephilim'.

Even the mightiest human men that lived in those days...were NOT referred to as Nephilim.

Old 09-12-2021, 01:45 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
One of the reasons I believe the Nephilim were indeed 'giants' and hybrids...NOWHERE in the bible, is a human being referred to as being a 'Nephilim'.

Even the mightiest human men that lived in those days...were NOT referred to as Nephilim.
Perhaps Nephilim merely means fallen mankind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity