Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 08:56 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
They were fallen angels!

Gen. 6:4

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

The sons of God are not mere mortals, we can see this in comparison to "the daughters of men."

If they had been mortal men the scripture would have said, "when the sons of men" rather than "the sons of God."

This is another example of the New Testament revealing the Old Testament as I spoke of before.

Jude tells us who these are in Jude 6,

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

These angels did not keep their original form (first estate) and position in which they were created. But passed those limitations becoming in the form of man and cohabiting with mortal women.

The reason was to contaminate the lineage of Christ, that He could not be born in this world.

Peter tells us of these also, 2 Peter 2:4-5

"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;"
Angel means messenger: Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. And the Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role (an adversary). Whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy (human) messengers, had inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the human nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 09:59 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nephilim means ‘the fallen’...The reason that they were there before and after the flood is because mankind was still there, mankind is the fallen...Think, reprobate...Not everyone was fallen before or after the flood, but, comparatively, most were...
The meaning of 'Nephilim' has been debated by scholars, but the Nephilim are always spoken of in the Bible and 2nd temple Jewish writings as being giants.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:11 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
They were fallen angels!

Gen. 6:4

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

The sons of God are not mere mortals, we can see this in comparison to "the daughters of men."

If they had been mortal men the scripture would have said, "when the sons of men" rather than "the sons of God."

This is another example of the New Testament revealing the Old Testament as I spoke of before.

Jude tells us who these are in Jude 6,

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day."

These angels did not keep their original form (first estate) and position in which they were created. But passed those limitations becoming in the form of man and cohabiting with mortal women.

The reason was to contaminate the lineage of Christ, that He could not be born in this world.

Peter tells us of these also, 2 Peter 2:4-5

"For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;"
No, they were not...

Old 08-19-2021, 04:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,726 times
Quote:
No, they were not...
Surly you base that on scripture and not your opinion.

Show me your reasoning from scripture!

Old 08-19-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Surly you base that on scripture and not your opinion.

Show me your reasoning from scripture!
There is nothing in Torah that even alludes to them being fallen angels...

Old 08-19-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
There is nothing in Torah that even alludes to them being fallen angels...
That Richard is the New Testament revealing what has been hid from us in the Old Testament.

All of it connects to the Christ as the scripture from Genesis through Revelation is about Christ directly or indirectly.

The things written in the Old could not make sense without the revealing of Christ in the New, which had to wait for His arrival.

This is where the New Testament explains the Old. It is the "Mystery of Christ" that Paul reveals to us in his epistles. The "mystery" is the way God chose to redeem mankind through Christ.

There are many things hidden in Old Testament scripture that are not revealed until Christ came.

For example, in Acts 3:22 Peter tells us,

"For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you."

Peter quotes this from Deut. 18:15

"The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;"

Why did God give the identity of this prophet to us through Peter and not Moses?

Because the "mystery of Christ" is relevant to God's plan for redeeming mankind!

So what have the "fallen angels" to do with all of this, as there are many, many other things hidden from us in the Old and revealed in the New?

As I said before, it concerns Christ! Satan tried to stop the Christ from coming into this world to redeem man by contaminating the bloodline to make it impossible to take place. This is why the "fallen angels" as Jude told us, left their "first estate," which as spiritual beings they became flesh on this earth and mated with women for that purpose.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
That Richard is the New Testament revealing what has been hid from us in the Old Testament.

All of it connects to the Christ as the scripture from Genesis through Revelation is about Christ directly or indirectly.

The things written in the Old could not make sense without the revealing of Christ in the New, which had to wait for His arrival.

This is where the New Testament explains the Old. It is the "Mystery of Christ" that Paul reveals to us in his epistles. The "mystery" is the way God chose to redeem mankind through Christ.

There are many things hidden in Old Testament scripture that are not revealed until Christ came.

"For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you."

"The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;"

Why did God give the identity of this prophet to us through Peter and not Moses?

Because the "mystery of Christ" is relevant to God's plan for redeeming mankind!

So what have the "fallen angels" to do with all of this, as there are many, many other things hidden from us in the Old and revealed in the New?

As I said before, it concerns Christ! Satan tried to stop the Christ from coming into this world to redeem man by contaminating the bloodline to make it impossible to take place. This is why the "fallen angels" as Jude told us, left their "first estate," which as spiritual beings they became flesh on this earth and mated with women for that purpose.
This takes tons of explaining for one to understand. Lucky for me it won't be as difficult being that you are a Jew.

The "Mystery of Christ" as I said is the plan of God of how He would redeem mankind. I have shown several time the scripture where Paul introduces this mystery, I will not do it here.

The Jews as you well know believed that salvation was only for the Jew, and they were right to a certain point. But the 'Mystery" and surprise to the Jews is that God would also include the Gentiles.

Many Jews found this unacceptable that the dogs could become a part of the Kingdom of God. These are the Jews that chased Paul everywhere with the intensions of killing him.

So with the Gentiles being accepted into the Kingdom and the Jews rejecting it, the plan of God begins to unfold for man's redemption.

Rom. 11:25

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

The fulness of the Gentiles is the receiving of the Gentiles to salvation through the Church that Christ built. The Gentiles rule this earth as Israel has been blinded and set aside temporarily for the Gentiles to come to Christ. But at the Second Coming of Christ the eyes of Israel will be opened and they will join the Gentiles in covenant.

Rom. 11:26-27

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins."

This happens at the Second Coming when Israel finally sees the "One whom they have pierced," as Zechariah tells us.

This is just hitting the high spots as there is much more to be included, but enough for now.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:03 PM

Quote:

You have so much wrong here, it’s hard to know where to begin...

Old 08-19-2021, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
The meaning of 'Nephilim' has been debated by scholars, but the Nephilim are always spoken of in the Bible and 2nd temple Jewish writings as being giants.
Ok?

Old 08-19-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
This takes tons of explaining for one to understand. Lucky for me it won't be as difficult being that you are a Jew.

The "Mystery of Christ" as I said is the plan of God of how He would redeem mankind. I have shown several time the scripture where Paul introduces this mystery, I will not do it here.

The Jews as you well know believed that salvation was only for the Jew, and they were right to a certain point. But the 'Mystery" and surprise to the Jews is that God would also include the Gentiles.

Many Jews found this unacceptable that the dogs could become a part of the Kingdom of God. These are the Jews that chased Paul everywhere with the intensions of killing him.

So with the Gentiles being accepted into the Kingdom and the Jews rejecting it, the plan of God begins to unfold for man's redemption.

Rom. 11:25

"For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

The fulness of the Gentiles is the receiving of the Gentiles to salvation through the Church that Christ built. The Gentiles rule this earth as Israel has been blinded and set aside temporarily for the Gentiles to come to Christ. But at the Second Coming of Christ the eyes of Israel will be opened and they will join the Gentiles in covenant.

Rom. 11:26-27

"And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins."

This happens at the Second Coming when Israel finally sees the "One whom they have pierced," as Zechariah tells us.

This is just hitting the high spots as there is much more to be included, but enough for now.
And, again, you’re wrong about what Jews believe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity