Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 11:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That would be because your studies have not included the science about outer space, Charlie.
That would be the difference between leaning on scripture or science, what man says vs what God has said.

Science means nothing to me rather than to reinforce the scripture. When it goes against scripture I pay it no attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 11:52 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
That would be the difference between leaning on scripture or science, what man says vs what God has said.
Science means nothing to me rather than to reinforce the scripture. When it goes against scripture I pay it no attention.
Well, in this case, science actually supports scripture in that a "Lake of Fire" (Galaxy) does exist with a bottomless pit at the center of it (Black Hole).

Old 08-16-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Well, in this case, science actually supports scripture in that a "Lake of Fire" (Galaxy) does exist with a bottomless pit at the center of it (Black Hole).
The bottomless pit can be whatever you want it to be, Mystic. There is not much explanation given for it in scripture.

Read this scripture and determine for yourself, whatever is fine with me.

Rev. 20:1-3

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

If the theologians are right about the Abyss actually being "the bottomless pit" then Satan was cast into hell before hell was cast into the Lake of Fire in Rev. 20:14.

But I'm not going to argue this, we will disagree whatever it is.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:37 PM

Quote:
The bottomless pit can be whatever you want it to be, Mystic. There is not much explanation given for it in scripture.

Read this scripture and determine for yourself, whatever is fine with me.

Rev. 20:1-3

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season."

If the theologians are right about the Abyss actually being "the bottomless pit" then Satan was cast into hell before hell was cast into the Lake of Fire in Rev. 20:14.

But I'm not going to argue this, we will disagree whatever it is.
Unlike you and other fundamentalists, I find the imagery and symbolism of Revelation far too abstract for me to draw any solid conclusions from it. It is the epitome of figurative language. But our disagreements are not major, despite your assumption that they are, Charlie.

We both believe in Jesus Christ as our agape-loving Savior who fully represents God and whose accomplishment on the Cross is how we are saved. We only differ about WHY we think that and what spiritual consequences face us if we do not achieve what God desires from us. You seem to think those are fatal differences, but I do not.

Old 08-16-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Unlike you and other fundamentalists, I find the imagery and symbolism of Revelation far too abstract for me to draw any solid conclusions from it. It is the epitome of figurative language. But our disagreements are not major, despite your assumption that they are, Charlie.

We both believe in Jesus Christ as our agape-loving Savior who fully represents God and whose accomplishment on the Cross is how we are saved. We only differ about WHY we think that and what spiritual consequences face us if we do not achieve what God desires from us. You seem to think those are fatal differences, but I do not.
How foolish of me to show you anything from scripture seeing there is something wrong with all of it.

It's either written by ignorant men and can't be trusted or it's figurative and doesn't mean what it says.

You're a lost cause to show the truth. I'm going to have to stop responding to your posts, what's the point?

Old 08-16-2021, 02:36 PM

Quote:
How foolish of me to show you anything from scripture seeing there is something wrong with all of it.
It's either written by ignorant men and can't be trusted or it's figurative and doesn't mean what it says.
No, Charlie, it is NOT either all correct or all wrong!!! Scripture contains the word of God interpreted incorrectly by men who believe God was wrathful and vengeful, period. We just need to correct their misunderstanding of God using the truth of Jesus Christ!
Quote:
You're a lost cause to show the truth. I'm going to have to stop responding to your posts, what's the point?
If you keep thinking your all-or-nothing nonsense, you will be the lost cause, Charlie.

Old 08-17-2021, 04:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
That would be because your studies have not included the science about outer space, Charlie.
My cousin, had a PhD in physics, wrote a paper for his students that alluded to what you have just said about the black hole...

Old 08-17-2021, 10:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
I dont think the Nephilim were normal human men...the verse says they were the heroes, might men of renown...

If they were human men...why are no heroic/mighty human men in the bible referred to as 'Nephilim'? Like David...he definitely fit the description, but nowhere is he called a Nephilim.

The Nephilim were something else, Im a bit confused on them being here after the flood though.

Ive also heard many people theorize this is what some cryptids are, like Bigfoot and Dogman, they are usually reported as being in the 7-10ft tall range and very muscular, but they are not exactly human either, so Im not sure about that theory...Im not sure why the Nephilim would appear like a half man/half ape, or something that looks like a werewolf, that just doesnt add up.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
My cousin, had a PhD in physics, wrote a paper for his students that alluded to what you have just said about the black hole...

Old 08-17-2021, 07:23 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What Charlie wrote could even support it as well. Satan is thrown into the bottomless pit for 1,000 years. OK, God tosses him into a black hole. A thousand years later, pulls him out for a very brief time, back into our solar system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity