Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 02:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Lord have mercy! Let me set something straight, Mystic! Our Lord being crucified for the sins of the world only made it possible to be saved! Do you understand that?
Only made it possible? Based on your autonomous acceptance which leaves you in control.

1 Timothy 2:4
... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

It's an active, ongoing result of a previous action.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subject’s response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 05:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Only made it possible? Based on your autonomous acceptance which leaves you in control.

... who desires ALL people to be saved and come to full knowledge of [the] truth.

And in the ongoing result of that action; desires (wants, wills) ALL men to be saved and come to the knowledge of truth. The action is indicative. Nowhere is it subjunctive, or that of being contingent or probable, nor imperative on the subject’s response. Neither is it Optative, as in being unlikely or wishful thinking that mankind might come to this salvation and knowledge.
Jerwade, have you ever heard of comparing scripture with scripture to confirm a truth?

What you have here is a wide open verse that you have picked out and then go about to explain it to your favor! It's worthless because you have not searched the scripture to see what agrees with it and what doesn't. You can't search the scripture to properly prove this verse because you don't know what's in scripture!

Now let me show you what I'm talking about!

Matt. 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Your verse falls to the ground here, Jerwade, simply because you have no idea what scripture contains.

We see in these verses that God desires all to saved but all will not be saved. Just as God desires all men to stop sinning but all men are not going to stop sinning.

Old 08-22-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Jerwade, have you ever heard of comparing scripture with scripture to confirm a truth?

What you have here is a wide open verse that you have picked out and then go about to explain it to your favor! It's worthless because you have not searched the scripture to see what agrees with it and what doesn't. You can't search the scripture to properly prove this verse because you don't know what's in scripture!

Now let me show you what I'm talking about!

Matt. 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Your verse falls to the ground here, Jerwade, simply because you have no idea what scripture contains.

We see in these verses that God desires all to saved but all will not be saved. Just as God desires all men to stop sinning but all men are not going to stop sinning.
You should not be doing the works of the devil, it is you who preaches another gospel; one of iniquity.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-22-2021 at 05:49 PM..

Old 08-22-2021, 05:50 PM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times
Quote:
That is exactly the answer I was looking for, free will!

Now if others here can learn that lesson, we will be in some unity.

A new perspective can begin in truth!
Thank you so, so much.

And it is exactly when I told my Religion Denier "roommate" about Free Will that he started to get really nasty and I was out of the home an hour later.

Evil and Satan will always reveal itself!!!

Old 08-22-2021, 06:01 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
31"And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 32It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.’
younger son had free will, older son did not.

Old 08-22-2021, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
Thank you so, so much.

And it is exactly when I told my Religion Denier "roommate" about Free Will that he started to get really nasty and I was out of the home an hour later.

Evil and Satan will always reveal itself!!!
The teaching of "free will" will blow the top off the house with certain beliefs.

Good to hear from you, hope you will be active on the forum!

Old 08-23-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
The teaching of "free will" will blow the top off the house with certain beliefs.
How much freewill do you have, Charlie?

Old 08-23-2021, 03:37 PM

Quote:
How much freewill do you have, Charlie?
What is free will?

Old 08-25-2021, 04:47 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times
Quote:

Good to hear from you, hope you will be active on the forum!
I am trying to be. I get pretty busy in real life a lot, but.. A lot like Joseph the Prodigal Son, I may have returned home.

There IS a God in Heaven, and the way to him is through Jesus! I wish the Jews understood this.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
I am trying to be. I get pretty busy in real life a lot, but.. A lot like Joseph the Prodigal Son, I may have returned home.

There IS a God in Heaven, and the way to him is through Jesus! I wish the Jews understood this.
Amen Brother, your work lies ahead of you, we have some of those right here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity