Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 06:03 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticSuperman View Post
I am trying to be. I get pretty busy in real life a lot, but.. A lot like Joseph the Prodigal Son, I may have returned home.

There IS a God in Heaven, and the way to him is through Jesus! I wish the Jews understood this.
The “Jews” understand that everyone has access to G-d, not just the “Jews”...And who’s Joseph?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 10:52 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,845,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The “Jews” understand that everyone has access to G-d, not just the “Jews”...And who’s Joseph?...
Joseph of the Old Testament. One of the 12 sons of Jacob.

I am surprised you didn't know.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/on...h-prodigal-son

Quote:
In the background of the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15:11-32) is the life of the patriarch Joseph, one of the twelve sons of Jacob. There can be no doubt that Jesus intended us to compare the life of Joseph to the prodigal son. Consider these parallels between their stories:

Both the prodigal son and Joseph had envious older brothers (Gen. 37:1-11).
Both the prodigal son and Joseph leave their father and go to a far-off land where there is a famine (Gen. 41:54-57).
Both are tempted to be intimate with women (Gen. 39:7).
Both are temporarily enslaved in the far-off land (Gen. 39:20).
Both receive a special robe from their father (Gen. 37:3).
Both receive a ring (Gen. 41:42).
Both are presumed dead by their father but found alive (Gen. 45:28).
Both are reunited with their father by an embrace and a kiss. In fact, nearly the same words are used to recount both reunions: “Then Joseph made ready his chariot and went up to meet Israel his father in Goshen; and he presented himself to him, and fell on his neck, and wept on his neck a good while” (Gen. 46:29).
That’s not just three or four parallels—that’s at least eight! There are so many exact parallels that one cannot doubt that our Lord intended for us to consider his parable side by side with the story of Joseph. But in spite of the parallels, the differences are also striking:

The prodigal son departs willingly; Joseph departs unwillingly.
The prodigal son hungers from famine; Joseph feeds others during the famine.
The prodigal son is a slave until he returns home; Joseph is made second in the kingdom while in that far-off land.
The prodigal son receives a robe on his return home, Joseph before his departure.
The prodigal son receives a ring from his father, but Joseph receives a ring from Pharaoh.
The prodigal son is intimate with women; Joseph resists the advances of a woman.
The prodigal son is embraced by his father; Joseph embraces his father.
The prodigal son returns to his father in his original home; Joseph brings his father and his entire family into that far-off land.
What does this all mean? Christ is the key that unlocks all of Scripture. Both Joseph and the prodigal son represent Christ. But since Christ has both a human and a divine origin, being Son of Man and Son of God, the same story is told from the perspective of each. Fittingly, the Old Testament tells the story from the perspective of Christ’s human origin, whereas the New Testament tells the same story from the perspective of Christ’s divine origin. Let us see how each reflects the life of Christ.

Buy Now

The father in the history of Joseph represents Adam, the human origin of Christ, and from the beginning Christ is clothed with the robe of human nature upon coming into the world at the Incarnation. As man he takes no wife, resisting the inclination of human nature to be joined to a woman. He departs this world unwillingly at his passion, crying out “Father, if it be possible, let this chalice pass from me” (Luke 22:42). But he enters into the next life, a land far from this. He dwells in prison there only for a short time, for “he went and preached to the spirits in prison” (1 Pet. 3:19). Then, at his resurrection and ascension, he is raised up to the right hand of the throne of God the Father.

For in the story of Joseph, Pharaoh represents God the Father. Thus, the ring given to Joseph by Pharaoh symbolizes the eternal divinity and its union with Christ’s humanity, since a ring is circular, having no beginning or end, signifying eternity. And just as Pharaoh makes Joseph second in the kingdom, yet in such a way that he exercises the full authority of the King, so too does God the Father establish Christ at his right hand, exercising his full authority. From there Christ feeds hungry souls with bread from heaven, nourishing them with his own glorious flesh and blood. Finally, he welcomes tearful Adam with an embrace and a kiss and leads Adam and all his children into heaven.

The Father in the parable of the prodigal son is God the Father. His homeland signifies heaven, while the far-off land signifies this fallen world. Christ willingly departs from his heavenly home so that he might come to save us here in this fallen world, so far off from heaven. Upon coming into the world, Christ hungers and thirsts, experiencing famine while he lives in the “likeness of sinful flesh” (Rom. 8:3). He spends all and, in his divinity, he draws near to prostitutes and sinners, allowing them to be intimate with him in supernatural love.

But having emptied himself and having taken “the form of a slave (Phil. 2:7),” he subjected himself to the slavery of death, he rises up[1] again and returns to his Father, receiving the glorious robe of his resurrected body together with a ring that signifies the manifestation of his eternal divinity. He is welcomed by his Father into his original, heavenly home, where he shall forever rejoice in the heavenly banquet.

There is some question about who the envious older brothers represent in each story. In the story of Joseph, it seems that the envious older brothers are the leaders of the Jewish people: “he perceived that it was out of envy that the chief priests had delivered him up” (Mark 15:10). In the story of the prodigal son, I think the envious older brother can represent the devil. The Scriptures tell us that the devil was envious (Wis. 2:24).[2] But how can he be called older than the divine Word, since the Word existed before all creatures? Because he is old not in time, but in sin (see Dan. 13:52), which is why St. Paul calls the man subject to sin the “old man” (Rom. 6:6). Again, because the divine Word is eternally begotten of the Father, his begetting is eternally new: “This day I have begotten you” (Acts 13:33; Heb. 1:5; 5:5). And just as one who is further from birth is called older, so too all creatures are old in comparison to the Word who is eternally, newly begotten.

So there you have it. It is the same story. Sacred Scripture is truly miraculous. It is the word of God.

[1] The Greek word used in the parable when the prodigal son “rose up” is the same word used to signify Christ’s Resurrection.

[2] The envy of the devil was probably on account of the fact that God had become man.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:58 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Joseph of the Old Testament.

I am surprised you didn't know.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/on...h-prodigal-son
Jesus was.telling the literal history of the two kingdoms when he told the story of the prodigal, and that prodigal is Israel/Ephraim " Richard knows that it's their history and the fact that Israel called the Torah a strange thing and became the lost ten tribes, they return to Jews and Judaism to become one with Jews, not enemies.

The name Ephraim became synonymous with the name Israel because Ephraim ruled the Northern Kingdim.

You could say Joseph in that one kingdom is in the hand of David, and.the other kingdom in the hand of Ephraim, Joseph's son, but the story is the literal history of Judah and Ephraim, and EVERYONE KNEW OF THE PROPHESIES OF THE RETURN OF EPHRAIM, THE TEN LOST TRIBES. ," THE prodigal son." Judah's only co heir.

God only has two sons.

PS, are you in Judaism and one with Jews?

I dont know.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-28-2021 at 11:37 AM..

Old 08-28-2021, 11:22 AM

Patriotic Superman thinks he has returned to Judaism to become one with Jews in the same religion.

That is the purpose of the new covenant, it was Jesus come looking for the NON JEWISH LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL, NOT JUDAH.

The prodigal nation had to come back to the law when God wrote HIS LAWS in their hearts so that they returned to become one man with Judah.

Christian's falsley claim to be in a covenant only made for Ephraim and Judah when the whole point is to make Ephraim and Judah one man.

Judah was present when Jesus came, but the desolate house had sat in darkness 700 years when Jesus came looking for the prodigal son.

He found thousands and thousands of Israelis that came back to Judaism and DID become one with Jews.

If you arent in the same religion as Jesus was, as Jews are, then you have not come home to join the brother, the brother has never left the father.

If you arent Ephraim, and you arent Judah, the New covenant has nothing to do with you, and we know who Judah and Ephraim are.

Christian's have not replaced them.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus was.telling the literal history of the two kingdoms when he told the story of the prodigal, and that prodigal is Israel/Ephraim " Richard knows that it's their history and the fact that Israel called the Torah a strange thing and became the lost ten tribes, they return to Jews and Judaism to become one with Jews, not enemies.

The name Ephraim became synonymous with the name Israel because Ephraim ruled the Northern Kingdim.

You could say Joseph in that one kingdom is in the hand of David, and.the other kingdom in the hand of Ephraim, Joseph's son, but the story is the literal history of Judah and Ephraim, and EVERYONE KNEW OF THE PROPHESIES OF THE RETURN OF EPHRAIM, THE TEN LOST TRIBES. ," THE prodigal son." Judah's only co heir.

God only has two sons.

I dont know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Patriotic Superman thinks he has returned to Judaism to become one with Jews in the same religion.

That is the purpose of the new covenant, it was Jesus come looking for the NON JEWISH LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL, NOT JUDAH.

The prodigal nation had to come back to the law when God wrote HIS LAWS in their hearts so that they returned to become one man with Judah.

Christian's falsley claim to be in a covenant only made for Ephraim and Judah when the whole point is to make Ephraim and Judah one man.

Judah was present when Jesus came, but the desolate house had sat in darkness 700 years when Jesus came looking for the prodigal son.

He found thousands and thousands of Israelis that came back to Judaism and DID become one with Jews.

If you arent in the same religion as Jesus was, as Jews are, then you have not come home to join the brother, the brother has never left the father.

If you arent Ephraim, and you arent Judah, the New covenant has nothing to do with you, and we know who Judah and Ephraim are.

Christian's have not replaced them.
I may have to re-read this a few times and I don't fully understand what you are saying. I am trying not to look at this screen every moment of the day so I take breaks and come back.

The whole basis.. Obviously, I am pretty proud to be and feel pretty good about being a Christian; My life was saved. (Not just in Jesus, I been backsliding pretty well, “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 - but also quite literally. What happened to me and what I did to myself kills most people. I'll leave that there.) I obviously feel pretty good about being a Christian.

You've heard me say, a few times, that Christianity comes out of, and is born out of, Judaism. From memory, and from what I know.. Jesus was a Jew when he was made flesh (We Christians believe that God had to take human form, and is the only human being ever walked the earth that was free from sin, because he was both man and God in that form) - Some links to the Church I most identify with. http://pbchurch.com/cell/Sermons/Abraham4.pdf https://peoplesbaptist.wordpress.com/ New Page 1 - "Jesus was a Jewish Carpenter." So I don't think I am wrong there... ?

I also believe, have been taught, that Christianity really completes Judaism.. For a lot of reasons, but also because of the prophecies of Isaiah.

Are you saying that God did not make his covenant with Abraham? Genesis 12? (Now I see where circumcision comes from. Christians believe in being "Circumsized of the spirit.")

Galatians 5:2-4
Quote:
2 Now I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who receives circumcision that he is bound to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace.
So. I am just asking questions, and trying to follow here. ?

Old 08-28-2021, 01:07 PM

Quote:
God only has two sons.

Again, just asking questions.. Is it Jesus (1) and the Church (2?)

Quote:
Quote:

I dont know.
I don't know either. I know I've been thinking NON-STOP about death, sin, why do I sin so much, why does sin seem attractive to me when the word of God (Bible) is so beautiful and provides for eternal life...

Baruch Hashem.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:12 PM

Quoted from the church I go to:

Quote:
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham
We have watched as Abraham has gone from strength to strength.
Ps 84:5-9 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6Who passing through the valley of Baca [the valley of tears] make it a well [turn it into
a refreshing oasis]; the rain also filleth the pools.
7They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.
8O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
9Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
As he answered God's call, learned to trust Him, severed his ties to the world, and demonstrated
his devotion to Jesus Christ through his offering to Melchizedek. In Genesis 15, Abram reaches
another milestone of faith in a seed promised through God's grace.
1. The Promised Seed
In Genesis 12, God had made a covenant with Abram, which we aptly call the Abrahamic
Covenant.
Gen 12:2-3 I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;
and thou shalt be a blessing:
3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all
families of the earth be blessed.
After going through some spiritual growth experiences, God affirmed, expanded, and formalized
that covenant in Genesis 15:
Gen 15:1-6 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying,
Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
2And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward
of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
3And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is
mine heir.
4And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but
he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if
thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
What was missing in Genesis 12 was the Promised Seed. Abram was appropriately concerned
about this because it was common to be revered for your family. There are two components here:
a promised seed, and so many descendants that they would be as difficult to count as the stars of
heaven.
In the New Testament, Paul explains the significance of this.
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham – 1
Gal 3:16-17 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to
seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law,
which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the
promise of none effect.
Paul points out that when God told Abram he was going to have children as the stars of heaven
it was going to be through an heir that was born to Abraham. It was not going to be through a servant
in his house, which would have happened by default if he had not seed. Abram's faith in the one who
God was to provide was then counted to him for righteousness. The faith that Abram had in God was
not just a confidence in God's material provision and not just a confidence in God's spiritual
provision. It was more than that. It was a confidence in the provision of the Savior, Jesus, the
Promised Seed. This was then going to be fulfilled in two ways.
The first would be through his son Isaac and the children of the flesh, the Jews. We will see later
on in Genesis how Abram reasonably expected that Isaac was the Savior seed.
The second way was through his great descendent, Jesus Christ, and the children of faith.
Gal 3:26-29 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor
female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Rom 9:4-8 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the
covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all,
God blessed for ever. Amen.
6Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are
of Israel:
7Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy
seed be called.
8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the
children of the promise are counted for the seed. [Not everyone who was Jewish, or of
Israel, were true Israel]
Just as the Hebrews were in Isaac, we are the promised seed in Christ. That is, we are the children
of God because Jesus is the promised seed and we are in Him.
Eph 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with
all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should
be holy and without blame before him in love:
Now, those who are in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, are joined together:
Eph 2:11-20 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham – 2
called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of
Christ.
14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of
partition between us;
15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in
ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the
enmity thereby:
17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints,
and of the household of God;
20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being
the chief corner stone;
2. God's grace
The significance of God's blessing for Abram has another very important aspect. It is a covenant
of grace. This is vitally important to understand about this covenant because it is the essence of the
New Testament. Paul will refer to this to help the Jews and the Gentiles understand the new
dispensation that was created in Christ: the Law had performed its work of bringing conviction for
sin, but the Pharisees were clinging to it and even expanding it in the hope of using it to achieve
righteousness. Jesus challenged their error of depending on the Law for salvation and introduced the
next age.
John 1:15-17 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He
that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Apostle Paul contended with Jews who tried to bring an obedience to the Law as part of salvation
when he wrote to the Galatians.
Today, false Christianity is characterized by that same dependence on performance of the Law
doing good deeds and works for salvation.
The Covenant of Abraham supercedes the Law and eliminates any claim of salvation by the
works of the Law. Listen to Paul's arguements:
• Salvation is not a function of works.
We were saved by faith and we are kept by faith.
Gal 3:1-5 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth,
before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham – 3
2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the
hearing of faith?
3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he
it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
• Any role of works by the law came later and could not disannul the message of salvation of
faith.
Because the Galatians were being influenced by the Judaizers, those who sought to make
salvation dependent on keeping the Jewish Law, Paul strikes at the very foundation of the Judaism
they were pushing and strips away any possibility of Law for salvation. He goes back to the
Abraham, the father of the Jews and the father of faith.
Gal 3:6-9,13-14 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for
righteousness.
7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached
before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is
written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we
might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Next, Paul used the Abrahamic Covenant to preach the absence of the Law for salvation.
Gal 3:17-19 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ,
the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make
the promise of none effect.
18For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham
by promise.
19Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed
should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of
a mediator.
That Covenant of Promise was given in the absence of the Law. The Law was given 430 years
later through Moses and could not disannul that covenant. Paul is explicit when he says that the only
purpose of the Law was to clarify what sin was until Jesus should come.
Paul points out that all this was done long before circumcision was even given to Abraham:
Rom 4:9-11 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the
uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.
10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in
circumcision, but in uncircumcision.
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham – 4
11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he
had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they
be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
The Judaizers made a big deal out of Jewish circumcision as prescribed in the Law. The problem
for the Judaizers, then, was that not only was Abraham counted righteous before any Mosaic law
concerning circumcision, but even before it was given to Abraham at all.
• The formalization and confirmation of the Abrahamic Covenant was a thourough
demonstration of grace.
Gen 15:8-17 And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?
9And he said unto him, Take me an heifer of three years old, and a she goat of three years
old, and a ram of three years old, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.
10And he took unto him all these, and divided them in the midst, and laid each piece one
against another: but the birds divided he not.
11And when the fowls came down upon the carcases, Abram drove them away.
12And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of
great darkness fell upon him. [vs. 13-16 are a side note for our purposes]
13And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that
is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;
14And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come
out with great substance.
15And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.
16But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites
is not yet full.
17And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking
furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces. [Think of the burning bush
that Moses stood before]
This was the manner of making a covenant. A sacrifice was made and the halves of the sacrifice
were placed against each other for the two parties of the covenant to walk through together. A
covenant of this nature was conditional. If one party of the covenant failed then the other party was
not obliged to fulfill the covenant. However, God turned this into an unconditional covenant. Abram
prepared and protected the sacrifices. But, when it came time to pass between them, God passed
through by Himself. He caused a deep sleep and an horror of darkness to come over Abram so that
only God could pass through. This is the grace of God in action. God committed Himself to fulfill
the promise of a Savior seed no matter what Abram did.
Today, you play no part in your salvation. God does it all. All you have to do is surrender
yourself to God and He does the saving work.
Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of
God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Paul wrote to the Romans and amplified this. Abraham's faith was counted for righteousness
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham – 5
without any works.
Rom 4:1-5 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath
found?
2For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for
righteousness.
4Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is
counted for righteousness.
Today, you can receive the Promise of God that cannot lie.
Titus 1:2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world
began;
To receive His promise means to receive the One Who He promised, Jesus Christ. Jesus did all
the work on the cross for our salvation, all we have to do is receive it. Don't make the mistake that
the Law is nothing just because we are now saved by grace. By all means, quake before the Law.
When you find yourself avoiding the Law because it is all just so impossible to live up to it, know
that at the same time you are in danger, heading to an eternity of Hell. Don't assume that Hell is
unreal just because your ability to live by the Law is unreal. The message here is not, you better do
the works of the Law so you can escape Hell. The message is that God's grace should be so much
more a precious refuge to flee to. It is then at that point that God will give you a new heart and the
strength to live in that grace.
For those who are living in fear of failure before the Law, we know that our victory was won on
the cross about 2000 years ago. All we have to do is walk in God's grace.
Eph 1:12-13 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:
in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Ps 84:5-9
1. The Promised Seed – Gen 12:2-3, 15:1-6, Gal 3:16-17,26-29, Rom 9:4-8, Eph 1:3-4, 2:11-20
2. God's grace – John 1:15-17, Gal 3:1-9,13-14,17-19, Rom 4:9-11 , Gen 15:8-17, Eph 2:8-9, Rom
4:1-5, Titus 1:2, Eph 1:12-13
Abraham 4 - The Children of Abraham – 6

Old 08-28-2021, 01:15 PM

^^So.. That whole text was the unformatted version of this. Such a good read.

http://pbchurch.com/cell/Sermons/Abraham4.pdf

Old 08-28-2021, 01:34 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
I don't know either. I know I've been thinking NON-STOP about death, sin, why do I sin so much, why does sin seem attractive to me when the word of God (Bible) is so beautiful and provides for eternal life... Baruch Hashem.
I find the apostle Paul too knew he sinned much -> 1st Cor. 9:26-27; Col. 3:5; Romans 8:13
Why we sin so much because of our inherited imperfection from fallen father Adam.
Because we are innocent of what Adam did is why God sent Jesus to Earth for us.- 1st John 1:7.
Not only will Jesus undo sin for us, but also undo 'enemy death' - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.
This is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....
This is a reason why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and undo all the damage Satan and Adam brought upon humanity and bring ' Healing ' for earth's nations - Rev. 22:2.
Bring 'Healing' to the point that No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24.
Earth and its people will be perfectly healthy as described in Isaiah's 35th chapter. ( free of sin and death )

Old 08-30-2021, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Again, just asking questions.. Is it Jesus (1) and the Church (2?)

I don't know either. I know I've been thinking NON-STOP about death, sin, why do I sin so much, why does sin seem attractive to me when the word of God (Bible) is so beautiful and provides for eternal life...

Baruch Hashem.
God has two sons named Judah and Ephraim, and these are the two kingdoms of Israel, the southern and the northern kingdom that Jesus is speaking of in the prodigal son.

Israelis of the northern kingdom were not Jews, the kings of Israel called the Torah a strange thing and they left Judaism for one reason, that reason being, is if they let their people keep the feasts of Jerusalem, there would no longer be two kingdoms. So the first king of Israel appointed his own priest, created his own religion with his own temple in order to separate from Jews.

That is our problem, that you are two kingdoms, 2 sons just as Galatians and Romans explains.

There are two kingdoms, one lawful kingdom and one evil kingdom, and between these two kingdoms is a city of peace," Jerusalem, the soul."

The problem being, " There are two kingdoms where there should only be one king, and just one kingdom."

That is your problem, my problem ,one kingdom is in your right eye, and one in your left eye. One king in your right eye, one in the left, both of which sit upon their mountain, and if you had faith enough to say to a mountain," Be cast into the sea," it is that king upon his mountain in your right eye, and if your right eye offend you, then rip it out of your head.

Did Jesus mean that we can be saved by ripping our right eye out?

Of course not, he is speaking of an evil king that rules over you like a calf inside a stall.

You are never going to quit sinning, and Revelatin says this," He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.."

This isnt speaking of the righteous and wicked, it speaks of a single person, it is telling you that no matter how guilty you feel, dont let it stop you from study and moving through Revelations prophesies.

Galatians explains this telling you that you are of two sons, not one son.

To say, " Israel and Judah," is to say, " Ishmael and Issac."

Or Cain and Abel
Or Esau and Jacob

It's what a human is, the flesh, and the spirit and even Paul complained about his sin. Lord knows I loath myself and have my sins.

When Jesus will separate the goats from the sheep, it is talking about your separation..

The first Christianity was a sect of Judaism with you in a 7 year covenant walking through 7 feasts of Messiah.

It is a race to the day of the Lord, it's not something one waits upon.

Galatians explains that you are of Ishmael, and you are of Isaac and both have there own laws, the man of flesh, and the man of spirit.

The law of Moses will judge all flesh and all flesh is condemned, but there is a hidden man within, and it is IMPOSSIBLE for him to sin.

Problem is, that inner man is an infant when he begins, he has to be fed the milk of the word to then mature in the meat of the word.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 08-30-2021 at 03:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity