Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2021, 10:59 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Have I not shown you that Jesus offered Himself to God as the sacrifice of Blood atonement for man that God demanded was the atonement for sin in Leviticus?
But that scripture is of none effect to you! You have chosen not to believe!
And the very actions and attitude of Jesus Christ Himself on the Cross are of no effect to you! You rely on the letter which leads to death and NOT the Spirit which leads to life. Jesus revealed the Spirit on the Cross, Charlie. You are very stubbornly refusing to listen to the Spirit by relying on the letter "written in ink."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 11:44 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,321,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
And the very actions and attitude of Jesus Christ Himself on the Cross are of no effect to you! You rely on the letter which leads to death and NOT the Spirit which leads to life. Jesus revealed the Spirit on the Cross, Charlie. You are very stubbornly refusing to listen to the Spirit by relying on the letter "written in ink."
Mystic, you don't even realize "the letter" is in reference to the Law of Moses!

It is NOT a reference for all of scripture!

Old 08-27-2021, 12:29 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Judas Iscariot didn't deliver Jesus to Pilate, he didn't demand Him to be put to death!
It was the Jewish leaders of Israel that did it!
Jesus specifically said, "he that hath delivered me UNTO YOU, hath the greater sin.
The Jews brought Jesus before Pilate! Of course Judas betrayed Christ, but thought He would overthrow the Romans. But that was not why He came the first time, that was to redeem man, including the Jews who thought they were already saved by virtue of being given the Law.
Very interesting insightful reply ^ above ^ because it would be those who shared in the sin of killing Jesus.
The ' those ' then would include the people ( egged on by religious leaders ) who asked for the release of Barabbas.
So, it is No wonder what Luke wrote at Acts 2:22; 3:12-15 ( ye men of Israel ) because those people failed to bring Jesus to justice and thus they were culpable blood guilty in sharing in community responsibility toward Jesus and the Law as found at Deuteronomy 21:1-9.

Old 08-27-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Mystic, you don't even realize "the letter" is in reference to the Law of Moses!
It is NOT a reference for all of scripture!
According to your teachers! Do not try to imply that I am not knowledgeable or that you somehow know more than I do, Charlie. The letter is whatever is "written in ink" (i.e., scripture).You do not even try to apply the Holy Spirit to anything you interpret because you don't think it is necessary or applies. You are a very misguided man, Charlie. Come to Christ and His Holy Spirit and see the Truth!

Old 08-27-2021, 02:51 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Like I have been saying to you for months charlie you teach about a God who sins.
Quote:
I suppose when you have no other recourse things of this nature will be said.

I have never heard of anyone accusing another of believing God is a sinner!
Quote:
Stop replying with your knee-jerk rote responses and try to THINK about what is in the bold from the mouth of Jesus! Now compare that to your belief that GOD delivered Him into the hands of Pilate to be crucified to pay for "whatever." Read it again, Charlie. He that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin Who does YOUR BELIEF make the sinner?
It just goes right over his head brother.

Old 08-27-2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
It just goes right over his head brother.
Show me, pneuma, what has gone right over my head?

Old 08-27-2021, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Stop replying with your knee-jerk rote responses and try to THINK about what is in the bold from the mouth of Jesus! Now compare that to your belief that GOD delivered Him into the hands of Pilate to be crucified to pay for "whatever." Read it again, Charlie. He that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin Who does YOUR BELIEF make the sinner?
Quote:
The bold above, Charlie. You believe that God demanded that Jesus be crucified as a blood sacrifice to appease His wrath for "whatever." If God demanded it, God is the one who delivered Him. Jesus said it was the one who delivered Him who was the greater sinner. That would mean God was the greater sinner according to Jesus and YOUR BELIEF about who demanded His crucifixion, Charlie. But Jesus would never say His Father was the greater sinner so it is YOUR BEIEF about who demanded His crucifixion that MUST be wrong. It could NOT have been God!

Old 08-28-2021, 06:24 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Quote:
The bold above, Charlie. You believe that God demanded that Jesus be crucified as a blood sacrifice to appease His wrath for "whatever." If God demanded it, God is the one who delivered Him. Jesus said it was the one who delivered Him who was the greater sinner. That would mean God was the greater sinner according to Jesus and YOUR BELIEF about who demanded His crucifixion, Charlie. But Jesus would never say His Father was the greater sinner so it is YOUR BEIEF about who demanded His crucifixion that MUST be wrong. It could NOT have been God!
now do you understand what you are saying charlie?

Old 08-28-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
That is why your gospel is so perverted! You have NO understanding of God's plan for man and can't even understand why and what Christ has done for us.

To even consider what you have posted here is absolute proof of what I have said!

Your theology is rotten from the core, total misunderstanding of Christ!

May the Lord have mercy on you!

Old 08-28-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
now do you understand what you are saying charlie?
I guess NOT, pneuma! See below.
Quote:
That is why your gospel is so perverted! You have NO understanding of God's plan for man and can't even understand why and what Christ has done for us.

To even consider what you have posted here is absolute proof of what I have said!

Your theology is rotten from the core, total misunderstanding of Christ!

May the Lord have mercy on you!
Total misunderstanding??? Have you met Him, Charlie, because I believe I have. I have no misunderstanding of Him. His character on the Cross was unambiguous, especially under those egregious circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity