Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2021, 12:28 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"And they were both naked (arummim), the man and his wife, and were not ashamed" (Gen. 2:25). Immediately after that we are told, "Now the serpent was more cunning (arum) than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Gen. 3:1). In one verse the term arum is used to mean "naked" and in the next verse the same basic root denotes "cunning" or "subtle." So, who or where was this snake, if not within the nature of man himself, as they were naked, subtle and cunning or so they thought as they hid themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 12:45 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
"And they were both naked (arummim), the man and his wife, and were not ashamed" (Gen. 2:25). Immediately after that we are told, "Now the serpent was more cunning (arum) than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made" (Gen. 3:1). In one verse the term arum is used to mean "naked" and in the next verse the same basic root denotes "cunning" or "subtle." So, who or where was this snake, if not within the nature of man himself, as they were naked, subtle and cunning or so they thought as they hid themselves.
So why would God say this in Gen. 3:14?

"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

Better find a better lie than this, Jerwade, this one doesn't cut it!

Old 08-22-2021, 01:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:"

Is it a beast or an entity?...

Old 08-22-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Read the scripture and use your common sense.

Old 08-22-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I don't know about you, Richard, but my common sense tells me that the serpent was a willing mediator between the woman and Satan. The serpent allowed himself to be used for evil when he had the choice not to. This is the only way I can see God executing immediate judgement on the serpent and its descendants, just as the judgement God executed on Adam and Eve in working by the sweat of the brow and pain in child birth. They all succumbed to the will of Satan by choice.

Satan is very good at what he does, the Great Deceiver.

Old 08-22-2021, 01:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
That is because your eyes have not yet been open to see that you are subtil.
Quote:
Quote:

Charlie, keep building that fence by the sweat of your brow (Genesis 31:9). This may help you understand, or maybe not? You, and your mentor are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Genesis 3:17-19
And Adam he said, Because you have hearkened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it: cursed is the ground for your sake; in sorrow shall you eat of it all the days of your life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to you; and you shall eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust shall you return.

Now, let's see if you can pull your head out of your backside (that shed of darkness in which you hide).

Satan is not a separate entity: Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. And the Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role (an adversary). Whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy (human) messengers, had inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the human nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

I am willing to send you a flashlight, so you won't stumble anymore in the darkness that has consumed you.

Old 08-22-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
I don't know about you, Richard, but my common sense tells me that the serpent was a willing mediator between the woman and Satan. The serpent allowed himself to be used for evil when he had the choice not to. This is the only way I can see God executing immediate judgement on the serpent and its descendants, just as the judgement God executed on Adam and Eve in working by the sweat of the brow and pain in child birth. They all succumbed to the will of Satan by choice.

Satan is very good at what he does, the Great Deceiver.
It is you that has been deceived.

Old 08-22-2021, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Charlie, keep building that fence by the sweat of your brow (Genesis 31:9). This may help you understand, or maybe not? You, and your mentor are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

Genesis 3:17-19
And Adam he said, Because you have hearkened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it: cursed is the ground for your sake; in sorrow shall you eat of it all the days of your life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to you; and you shall eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust shall you return.

Now, let's see if you can pull your head out of your backside (that shed of darkness in which you hide).

Satan is not a separate entity: Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. And the Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role (an adversary). Whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy (human) messengers, had inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the human nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

I am willing to send you a flashlight, so you won't stumble anymore in the darkness that has consumed you.
If you have read my former posts since I've been here you will know that I have said on many occasion that I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, there are many here much smarter than myself.

The one and only thing I claim to know is the Word of the Almighty God. Not by my power or ability but by His. I surrendered myself to Him and turned at His rebuke and begged for His mercy and wisdom, and He has answered those prayers in giving me the knowledge that I am capable of understanding.

There are many with much more wisdom of scripture than myself, but what He has given me is my portion, and I am grateful for it!

Old 08-22-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
If you have read my former posts since I've been here you will know that I have said on many occasion that I am not the brightest bulb on the tree, there are many here much smarter than myself.

The one and only thing I claim to know is the Word of the Almighty God. Not by my power or ability but by His. I surrendered myself to Him and turned at His rebuke and begged for His mercy and wisdom, and He has answered those prayers in giving me the knowledge that I am capable of understanding.

There are many with much more wisdom of scripture than myself, but what He has given me is my portion, and I am grateful for it!
I understand that, Charlie. But you (and your mentor) come across as if no one but you know the Scriptures. You cannot take your rote learning; a reading of the Scriptures and claim you have ultimate knowledge, wisdom and discernment. That is why we are called to study, and to see if what is being said is true. As you know, I do not believe the Scriptures were meant to be used the way you and your mentor attempt to use them, while exalting yourselves. Believe it or not, I am more loving and compassionate then you will ever know, so are many others herein that you ridicule. And I have no interest in your views of adopting a pagan hellhole. If you do not believe the Bible is syncretistic in nature, there is nothing I can say that will alter your particular beliefs. We will believe, what we believe; until we no longer, believe it. It's called growth and maturity, while having faith as a child.

Old 08-22-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I understand that, Charlie. But you (and your mentor) come across as if no one but you know the Scriptures. You cannot take your rote learning; a reading of the Scriptures and claim you have ultimate knowledge, wisdom and discernment. That is why we are called to study, and to see if what is being said is true. As you know, I do not believe the Scriptures were meant to be used the way you and your mentor attempt to use them, while exalting yourselves. Believe it or not, I am more loving and compassionate then you will ever know, so are many others herein that you ridicule. And I have no interest in your views of adopting a pagan hellhole. If you do not believe the Bible is syncretistic in nature, there is nothing I can say that will alter your particular beliefs. We will believe, what we believe; until we no longer, believe it. It's called growth and maturity, while having faith as a child.
In that case, Jerwade, as my former pastor would say, the proof is in the pudding!

You very well know my door is open for correction, all you have to do at anytime I post is to show me in scripture where I'm wrong! You can call this arrogance, pride, whatever you want, but the truth is the answer is in scripture, not one of your opinions!

That is basically all I see in your posts, opinions and wild interpretations from the Greek language! So if you want to talk smack to me talk it from scripture and we will see what is what!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity