Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 02:48 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Charlie, let me try to show you that logic is the same for man as it is for the Word of God.

If by "the word of God" you mean the scriptures, then I would challenge you to find a passage that makes a claim that is "illogical" by human standards. Find a passage that uses logic differently from how humans use it. Bear in mind that miracles don't offend logic. The statement "Jesus rose from the dead" does not contradict itself nor result in any logical absurdities. Even if an atheist feels dead sure that the resurrection never happened, he will have to admit that the claim that it did happen does not violate logic per se. However, it would violate logic to find a scripture with a self-contradiction in it like, "and you shall build a circular pillar with four straight sides." That would violate man's logic, because it is rationally absurd to propose a square circle. Can you find us a scripture that is absurd according to man's logic, but valid according to God's? It would strengthen your point that man's and God's logic are different.

Another way to understand "The word of God" is in the Johannine sense of the Logos - - the rational principle that gave birth to this whole universe and which governs all of its dynamics. We as humans cannot escape the rational order we live in (though we might ignore it). God Himself is this logic, this order, that allowed a universe to be. Our minds also have the gift of logic, which allows us to do math, physics and a good many other things, and which is not a different type of logic, but just logic as God made it.
OK, everyone has there own logic in what they assume is correct in scripture. Obviously not everyone is right, so someone is wrong and so is there assumed logic! That's where reasoning will get you when you are thinking and not listening to the scripture.

That's why logic is out, it must be scriptural facts. The one and only way is to let scripture interpret scripture, meaning to let scripture explain itself in cold hard facts.

Hey, you want to interpret scripture with logic and reasoning, have at it, you have a large following.

Charlie will let the scripture interpret scripture for the facts or it's not a fact to him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 02:51 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
OK, everyone has there own logic in what they assume is correct in scripture. Obviously not everyone is right, so someone is wrong and so is there assumed logic! That's where reasoning will get you when you are thinking and not listening to the scripture.

That's why logic is out, it must be scriptural facts. The one and only way is to let scripture interpret scripture, meaning to let scripture explain itself in cold hard facts.

Hey, you want to interpret scripture with logic and reasoning, have at it, you have a large following.

Charlie will let the scripture interpret scripture for the facts or it's not a fact to him!
See the problem now, Arizona???

Old 08-16-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
See the problem now, Arizona???
I don't know about him but I sure can see the problem!

There's not a single line in scripture that supports your denial of eternal judgement!

But through reasoning and logic you justify the denial!

This is what I'm talking about, scripture interpreting scripture, and you have no idea how to do it.

Old 08-16-2021, 03:20 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
I don't know about him but I sure can see the problem!
There's not a single line in scripture that supports your denial of eternal judgement!
But through reasoning and logic you justify the denial!
This is what I'm talking about, scripture interpreting scripture, and you have no idea how to do it.
You have yourself trapped in a self-closing trap using scripture as your infallible truth that even God could not make work even though it was written in stone as well as ink. It simply was inadequate to do the job that was necessary to bring our savage ancestors out of their savagery and to His love.

You refuse to use the solution God had to use, His Son Jesus, to bring the truth to them. You insist on remaining trapped in their ignorance just as they did by rejecting Jesus and interpreting Him as the object of God's wrath instead of as His model of God's True Nature.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-16-2021 at 04:30 PM..

Old 08-16-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You have yourself trapped in a self-closing trap using scripture as your infallible truth that even God could not make work even though it was written in stone as well as ink. It simply was inadequate to do the job that was necessary to bring our savage ancestors out of their savagery and to His love. You refuse to use the solution God had to use, His Son Jesus, to bring the truth to them. You insist on remaining trapped in their ignorance just as they did by rejecting Jesus and interpreting Him as the object of God's wrath instead of as His model of God's True Nature.
I've made my points and will let God deal with your unbelief in His Word.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:19 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,171,699 times
Maybe because satan can be used as a tool by God to check people's actions. Do people obsess about him, worry about him, get caught up in him.... when they should instead be confident in their salvation and being productive? And/or, do they blame him (the devil made me do it) while shirking responsibility for their own actions and behaviors?

Old 08-16-2021, 04:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
I've made my points and will let God deal with your unbelief in His Word.
"The only difference between a rut, and the grave is the depth of one's understanding."

Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. And the Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role (an adversary). Whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy (human) messengers, had inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the human nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface - yet, is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

Old 08-16-2021, 04:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Satan has earned the right to exist by legal means, even though he did it by means of a lie!
This notion has no basis in Scripture.

The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. (Prov 16:4)

Satan is a piece of wicked clay that God created to do whatever He wants him to do. Nothing has ever happened that God has not willed to happen. As it's written,

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: (Isa 46:10)

Old 08-16-2021, 04:36 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
By rebellion in the Garden of Eden, Mortals chose to sin against Gods will. The angel being who came to be known as satan and devil, rebelled against Gods will. eventually 1/3 fell. Mortals chose this system. Satan was challenging Gods right to say how one should live. A direct challenge to Gods universal sovereignty. So once and for all time, so it never can occur again. God is letting it be proved if he is correct. His plan was for mortals to live forever in happiness. This system is the side mortals chose-death-sickness, starvation, floods, earthquakes, etc, etc, hatred, greed, etc, etc. They are destroying our world right before our eyes. but Gods kingdom is mankinds ONLY remaining hope. Gods kingdom rule will be a cure all.

Old 08-16-2021, 05:13 PM

299 posts, read 104,209 times
Quote:

I agree that people have differing views about the meaning of scripture. That doesn't mean that they arrived at their contrary conclusions using different kinds of logic. The party in error may have used flawless logic, but if he started the logical process with bad "facts" to reason from, he'll wind up with an untrue conclusion. Different conclusions do not imply different logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity