Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 10:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
LOLOL, thanks Jerwade, I appreciate that!
I was hoping you would - if you are open to correction as you say you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 11:01 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Always and forever open for correction, but I haven't seen any that relates to the Word of God!

That's the only correction known to man in this world!

So find some of that type correction based on the scripture and you will have my attention!

Until then Jerwade, you are a sounding brass and a tingling cymbal.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:07 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Quote:
Always and forever open for correction, but I haven't seen any that relates to the Word of God!

So find some of that type correction based on the scripture and you will have my attention!

I asked my daughter when she was six years of age to read something.
Then I asked her to tell me what it said. She responded, I just did.

What I said, Charlie, is based on Scripture, not merely reading the pages.

Old 08-23-2021, 11:11 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:

Quote:
I asked my daughter when she was six years of age to read something.
Then I asked her to tell me what it said. She responded, I just did.

What I said, Charlie, is based on Scripture, not merely reading the pages.
You even gave him the scripture under discussion

Old 08-23-2021, 11:20 AM

89 posts, read 23,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Satan lives under the control of God's limitations. As the great liar and deceiver, his primary freedoms are to lie, deceive and accuse. He does not have the freedom to 'force' people to do anything against their free will. Instead, he fills-in the "spaces" where people refuse to love, trust and obey God. IOW, Satan does not force people to do evil, wicked, horrendous things - but, given enough lies and deception, that's where Godlessness leads.

By the same token, God does not force people to love, trust and obey Him. God could have created robots or more angels, but that would contradict His purpose for creating mankind for fellowship.

The point of having both righteousness and evil available in the world is so that people can see and must choose grace over justice, good over bad and freedom over bondage. These choices comprise free will. Earth was created for man, since evil cannot exist in God's presence. This is how it has worked, even from the beginning in the Garden of Eden; but Satan is a defeated enemy and even he knows his time is short.
True that Satan/Devil lives under the control of Elohim's/God's limitations. Is the Force of an Evil Tyrant, Satanic Force/Power? Do you agree that the Roman Catholic Inquisition is Satanic Power/Force?

This is the Roman Catholic Church (Video, Parents guidance and for Mature Adults only):

This is the fruitage of the Catholic church - Jordan Maxwell

Old 08-24-2021, 06:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
I've shown you already in the New Testament that the Devil is the one that deceived Adam and Eve.

The New Testament is the Old Testament revealed, told you that too!

So if you don't believe the New Testament is of God, as the Jews believe, then there will be many, many unexplained things in the Old Testament!

And you will never bring it in to understanding!
There is nothing in the Torah that hasn’t been explained...Your New Testament doesn’t reveal anything, fact is, it muddles things...Out of all the pages of the Tanakh there would have been an at least allusion, if not directly stated, to what you state, but there just isn’t...I know Christianity extremely well, there is nothing that you can tell me that I do not already know, even Calvinism and it’s doctrine of Predestination has been studied and well learned by me, even Hyper-Calvinism...

Old 08-24-2021, 06:45 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
He’s not...

Old 08-24-2021, 07:00 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
There is nothing in the Torah that hasn’t been explained...Your New Testament doesn’t reveal anything, fact is, it muddles things...Out of all the pages of the Tanakh there would have been an at least allusion, if not directly stated, to what you state, but there just isn’t...I know Christianity extremely well, there is nothing that you can tell me that I do not already know, even Calvinism and it’s doctrine of Predestination has been studied and well learned by me, even Hyper-Calvinism...
You are correct, Richard. Charlie is NOT open to correction. But he would be well advised to listen to you.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:06 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Richard, you can become the Master of doctrines, know all things that the Scholars call on you for wisdom,
but if you don't know Jesus Christ and have a relationship with Him, you will be ignorant to the meaning of the Old Testament!

Because you are a Jew you consider that you know it all, I have news for you, they are the ones who crucified our Lord and still believe they know all things, but are blind to it all!

Old 08-25-2021, 05:43 AM

5,743 posts, read 3,595,151 times
Plausible Deniability. "Who, me? The earthquake wasn't MY fault!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity