Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 05:57 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Richard, you can become the Master of doctrines, know all things that the Scholars call on you for wisdom,
but if you don't know Jesus Christ and have a relationship with Him, you will be ignorant to the meaning of the Old Testament!
I can think for myself, thank you, I don’t need indoctrination...

Quote:
Because you are a Jew you consider that you know it all, I have news for you, they are the ones who crucified our Lord and still believe they know all things, but are blind to it all!
We didn’t crucify him, the Romans did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 06:13 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I can think for myself, thank you, I don’t need indoctrination...

We didn’t crucify him, the Romans did...
That's not what the scripture says, but I'm not going to go there, you don't believe it!

Old 08-25-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
That's not what the scripture says, but I'm not going to go there, you don't believe it!
Oh, I believe all of the Torah, I just don’t twist it to make it say something that it doesn’t...

Old 08-25-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
And, yea, your “scriptures” clearly portray the Romans hanging him on that cross, not the Jews...

Old 08-25-2021, 06:40 PM

Quote:
And, yea, your “scriptures” clearly portray the Romans hanging him on that cross, not the Jews...
Who cried out "crucify Him" several times when Pilate seen no wrong in Him.

Who was it that said to Pilate, "you are no friend of Caesar?" That was a threat to Pilate!

Under Roman rule the Jews did not have permission to execute anyone under their Law.

But the Pharisees demanded He be put to death and to keep Caesar's court from getting involved, Pilate washed his hands of the blood of Jesus and commanded Him to be crucified.

The Romans did not want to do it!

Peter also tells the Jews at least twice in his sermons that the Jews have crucified our Lord!

Old 08-25-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Who cried out "crucify Him" several times when Pilate seen no wrong in Him.

Who was it that said to Pilate, "you are no friend of Caesar?" That was a threat to Pilate!

Under Roman rule the Jews did not have permission to execute anyone under their Law.

But the Pharisees demanded He be put to death and to keep Caesar's court from getting involved, Pilate washed his hands of the blood of Jesus and commanded Him to be crucified.

The Romans did not want to do it!

Peter also tells the Jews at least twice in his sermons that the Jews have crucified our Lord!
Who did the deed?...

Old 08-25-2021, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Who did the deed?...
Read this and tell me who Jesus said was to blame,

John:19:8-12

"When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he was the more afraid;

And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.

Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.

Old 08-26-2021, 01:34 AM

Quote:

And went again into the judgment hall, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer.

Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go, thou art not Caesar's friend: whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.
He that delivered him was Judas...

Old 08-26-2021, 05:33 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:

Quote:
He that delivered him was Judas...
The funny thing here Richard is that according to those who believe in eternal torment or annihilation it was God who delivered Jesus unto the Romans to be crucified.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The funny thing here Richard is that according to those who believe in eternal torment or annihilation it was God who delivered Jesus unto the Romans to be crucified.
Does not the scripture say that "it pleased God to bruise Him?"

That is the agape love of God for mankind!

Doesn't the scripture also say, "He laid on Him the iniquity of us all?"

Pneuma, if you think Jesus was murdered, or that His life was taken against God's will, you do not understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

John 10:18

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity