Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2021, 05:13 AM

299 posts, read 104,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, you can call that logic, but it's not man's preconceived logic that ignores scripture as we see prevalent on this forum. It's letting God's words speak for themselves based strictly on His words, comparing scripture to scripture for the truth, not some theory man is trying to place in scripture.
The scriptures say that a diameter divided by the circumference yields the number 3 (1Kings 7:23-26). Do you use "pi equals 3" in your everyday calculations because the Bible says so?

Of course you don't. You know that the Biblical value of pi is a rough estimate by ancient people. The Bible doesn't tell you that. Human logic does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2021, 05:18 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You don’t use the logic within scripture yourself...
Not to determine doctrine, that's a fatal mistake! The scripture alone determines doctrine!

Anything the scripture does not confirm of itself is opinion, and yes, I have many opinions on scripture.

Those opinions are based on scripture proven doctrine! I'm certainly not saying all my opinions are correct, that would be foolish of me.

But I am saying my doctrine is scripture proving scripture and no opinion.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:15 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times
Quote:
Satan has earned the right to exist by legal means, even though he did it by means of a lie!

When Adam disobeyed God in the Garden and believed Satan, that very moment Satan became the legal owner of mans soul!

Man is no longer born the sons of God, they are born the sons of Satan until the rebirth!

It was intended for man to be born in the image of God, but when he sinned and sin was passed down to all men by legal means, man became born in the image of Adam, the sinner.

This is why "man must be born again" into the family of God to be released from the bondage of Satan!

Every believer that calls on the name of Jesus Christ should have a burden for those in that bondage. We should be spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to these poor souls the truth they need to be set free!

The scripture tells us that the gate is narrow and few there be that find it, most will not make it.

But that is no reason to give up spreading the truth of God's salvation! He didn't give up on us and we should not give up on our fellow man in God's plan.

The issue has not been settled Charlie. Do you know what is really going on? What is the issue that is being settled?

Old 08-17-2021, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The issue has not been settled Charlie. Do you know what is really going on? What is the issue that is being settled?
I'm sure I'm about to hear the JW's view of things, and I'm pretty sure I will disagree!

Old 08-17-2021, 06:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Not to determine doctrine, that's a fatal mistake! The scripture alone determines doctrine!

Anything the scripture does not confirm of itself is opinion, and yes, I have many opinions on scripture.

Those opinions are based on scripture proven doctrine! I'm certainly not saying all my opinions are correct, that would be foolish of me.

Let’s take the Christian notion that HaSatan was in Gan Eden...Within the pages of Torah, where does one find any reference that the talking snake, which was the cleverest of all the beasts of the field that G-d had made, was, in fact, HaSatan?...Within the account of Gan Eden, where does it even allude to the snake being HaSatan?...

Last edited by Richard1965; 08-17-2021 at 07:43 AM..

Old 08-17-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Let’s take the Christian notion that HaSatan was in Gan Eden...Within the pages of Torah, where does one find any reference that the talking snake, which was the cleverest of all the beasts of the field that G-d had made...Within the account of Gan Eden, where does it even allude to the snake being HaSatan?...
It doesn't but Rev. 12:9 sheds some light on it.

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Does that sound familiar? The "old serpent" which deceiveth the whole world?

Old 08-17-2021, 07:41 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:

Scripture proving scripture has no logic whatsoever. You cannot prove something with itself.

Old 08-17-2021, 07:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
It doesn't but Rev. 12:9 sheds some light on it.

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

Does that sound familiar? The "old serpent" which deceiveth the whole world?
I said, within the pages of Torah...In Judaism, we have no devil...Not even a word for it in Hebrew...You see, you are going by a doctrine created by man’s logic, faulty, as you say...Fact is, the Torah portrays HaSatan, personified, only twice, and not as a rebellious Angel against G-d, but, as an obedient agent or servant of G-d...So, where and when did the Christian doctrine of HaSatan arise?...And for what purpose?...

Old 08-17-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I said, within the pages of Torah...In Judaism, we have no devil...Not even a word for it in Hebrew...You see, you are going by a doctrine created by man’s logic, faulty, as you say...Fact is, the Torah portrays HaSatan, personified, only twice, and not as a rebellious Angel against G-d, but, as an obedient agent or servant of G-d...So, where and when did the Christian doctrine of HaSatan arise?...And for what purpose?...
Unlike you Richard, I believe Jesus is the Christ! I believe the the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed to us in Christ.

What was hidden from us, which this is a prime example, is part of the blindness that Paul told us the Jews would and do have in order that the Gentile world could come to Christ.

Of course this is foolishness to you a Jew! Just as my belief in Jesus as the Christ is foolishness.

Paul sums it up very well in this one verse concerning the Jews and Gentiles.

Rom. 11:28

“As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.”

Even though you can't see it and you are my enemy concerning the Gospel of Jesus Christ, you are deeply loved by the Father! I have no choice but to show you that respect and bear the burden for now for the Father's sake.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:24 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Scripture proving scripture has no logic whatsoever. You cannot prove something with itself.
As Christians, they SHOULD be using Christ to prove scripture, but they have been told the opposite and have been screwing things up as a result for millennia. They use the "precepts and doctrines of men" to prove the "precepts and doctrines of men," instead of testing the spirit of what is believed against God's Holy Spirit of agape love revealed by Jesus on the Cross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity