Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 05:30 AM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
You do not have the right to interpret Paul for yourself. Paul was a Catholic Priest, Apostle, and Saint. His teaching is Catholic teaching, and vice versa.

Exactly. Thank you for supporting my point.
It's not possible for Paul to have been a Catholic priest.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:22 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
LIAR! Why the hell do you keep repeating this lie about my views, BF. You are not being a Christian when you bear false witness against or are an accuser of the brethren. You know that my views are based on God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross and described in YOUR Bible.
So why again don't you believe the Old Testament?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 07:34 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
well mike if you have taken the time to read what the church believed for the first 500 years you would know that what the church believe now is incorrect. I really hope if you have not read it yet that you will.
Hey pneuma, I responded to this in the universalism thread.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:42 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
LIAR! Why the hell do you keep repeating this lie about my views, BF. You are not being a Christian when you bear false witness against or are an accuser of the brethren. You know that my views are based on God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross and described in YOUR Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So why again don't you believe the Old Testament?
I believe the OT was inspired by God but interpreted incorrectly by primitives who believed that God was wrathful and vengeful and that His wrath was the reason for everything negative that happened, including what they did. That makes their interpretations of God and His motives WRONG! Jesus revealed God and His motives unambiguously on the Cross as agape love and forgiveness. That means that the incorrect interpretations need to be revised using the revelations of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness by Jesus on the Cross.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:24 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Or for Peter to have been the first Catholic Pope, for that matter. Neither of these men would have had a clue what the Catholic Church even was.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
I believe the OT was inspired by God but interpreted incorrectly by primitives who believed that God was wrathful and vengeful and that His wrath was the reason for everything negative that happened, including what they did. That makes their interpretations of God and His motives WRONG! Jesus revealed God and His motives unambiguously on the Cross as agape love and forgiveness. That means that the incorrect interpretations need to be revised using the revelations of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness by Jesus on the Cross.
Right. So because it was "interpreted incorrectly" you simply rip it out and toss it.

So how again was I not correct in what I stated?

Old 08-24-2021, 09:27 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Hey pneuma, I responded to this in the universalism thread.
I seen that mike and made my response there.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:51 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Right. So because it was "interpreted incorrectly" you simply rip it out and toss it.
So how again was I not correct in what I stated?
Because I do not toss it! I reinterpret it using what they had to mean given the True Nature of God as revealed by Jesus (NOT what I like or do not like!).

Old 08-24-2021, 09:56 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Or for Peter to have been the first Catholic Pope, for that matter. Neither of these men would have had a clue what the Catholic Church even was.
I've refrained from responding because it's off-topic for this thread, but since a second poster has chimed in, I just have to say the following:

The Church has always been Catholic from its inception at Pentecost when believers from all nations were gathered and the confusion of Babel was undone.

Of course Paul and Peter knew that the Church was καθολικός. There's really no debate here.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Because I do not toss it! I reinterpret it using what they had to mean given the True Nature of God as revealed by Jesus (NOT what I like or do not like!).
Right. You "reinterpret it".

lol...sure. Bottom line is that it's subject to what you believe about Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity