Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 09:14 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,070,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
and the concept of The Trinity is independent from the concept of The Incarnation.
If you mean that as a man, Jesus took on a human nature while still having a divine nature, yes. He never ceased to be God. He's always been God. But he's also human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 09:14 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,408,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Do you have an issue with truth? Or do you just not understand the doctrine? The doctrine of the Trinity is not 3 = 1.
Lmao no one has ever been able to understand the trinity as it make no sense yet i know many here believe in things that make no sense so i am not surprised to see many who hold to the trinity.

But again this thread is NOT about the trinity it is about who Jesus is or is not.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:22 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,369,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Still does not make the son the Father. They are two distinct individuals.
Two distinct individuals that are ONE as well. The Son sits at the right hand of the Father, I think they are in perfect union to the point they are also AS one individual , sharing the same thoughts, speaking the same thing at the same time if they wanted, etc.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:26 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,070,251 times
Quote:
Lmao no one has ever been able to understand the trinity as it make no sense yet i know many here believe in things that make no sense so i am not surprised to see many who hold to the trinity.

But again this thread is NOT about the trinity it is about who Jesus is or is not.
Then let's try to honestly present what the doctrine is, then.

We believe that Jesus is God, the Son. He is and always has been God. There is only one God. There are 3 persons within the Godhead, the Son being one of them, along with God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit. All 3 are completely and 100% God. None of them are less God than the others, and they are all the same God.

Old 09-25-2021, 09:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,184,790 times
Quote:
Jesus is part of the elohim the same way we are
Jesus is in our consciousness, what do we do with Jesus?

Old 09-25-2021, 09:55 AM

28,134 posts, read 30,057,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
I mean, he made it clear many times that he wasn't God..

Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

"I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)

"I am going to my Father and your Father, my God and your God" (John 20:17)

Paul said "There is one mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5)

And God himself said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)

Jesus regularly prayed to God, yet if he was God why would he pray to himself?

He spelt out who he was to the High Priest-

https://youtu.be/VyecMVERpeM
Jesus was "God," but He wasn't "God the Father." He was a distinct personage who shared in all His Father had, including the right to be known as "God."

Old 09-25-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
“ I and the Father are one.” John 10:30
The word "one" can be, and in fact is, used on a number of occasions in the Bible to denote a perfect unity, rather than to denote the lowest cardinal number.

Quote:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1
The use of the word "with" (the Word was with God) clearly indicates that there was more than one personage. If God (the Father) was alone, it would have made a lot more sense to simply say, "God was alone."

Quote:
“ …Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. …” John 14:9
In other words, you'd not be able to tell them apart had they been standing side by side. When Acts relates the story of Stephen looking into Heaven and seeing God, he saw "Jesus standing on the right hand of God." He saw two personages.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Still does not make the son the Father. They are two distinct individuals.
Right on.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:08 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,369,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Jesus was "God," but He wasn't "God the Father." He was a distinct personage who shared in all His Father had, including the right to be known as "God."
When we look at things as being separate, then the concept is difficult to explain, just look at all these threads on the trinity, etc. I've read over and over and believe this as well - we are one. This separate stuff is an illusion. Think of a fabric or blanket thrown over/upon the earth. All life is connected via fabrics (too tiny to see). We are all connected, you , me the trees and plants around us. This fabric of life is God Himself and the force He uses to keep it all together is literal love, nothing in creation is apart from it.

Old 09-25-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Two distinct individuals that are ONE as well. The Son sits at the right hand of the Father, I think they are in perfect union to the point they are also AS one individual , sharing the same thoughts, speaking the same thing at the same time if they wanted, etc.
I agree 100%!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity