Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 04:06 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
A question that often comes up in discussion forums is- "if God is so all-powerful, why didn't he simply come to earth himself and walk among us, rather than creating Jesus in Mary's womb to let Jesus walk around on his behalf?"
Any thoughts?
Because the way God reproduces is through humans. His Firstborn Son had to be a human who perfectly manifested His Holy Spirit within His HUMAN consciousness so that it would be "born again" as Spirit upon His physical death paving the way for the rest of us to do the same. Fortunately, we do NOT have to meet the requirement of PERFECTLY manifesting God's Holy Spirit in our human consciousness to be "born again."

Thanks to Jesus, a reasonable facsimile (however imperfect) will suffice because of Jesus's perfection (Grace). All imperfections not corrected by repentance will be dealt with in God's refining fire of Love removing the dross but we are "saved as by fire."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2021, 04:17 PM

234 posts, read 99,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
..calm that ignorance to a minimum and take your sock puppets with you.
Sorry mate but I'm having trouble figuring out where you're coming from, your profile says you've got "Two X chromosomes" so i don't know if you're Vulcan, Klingon, Romulan or what?

"Commander, PoorOldSpike is on an intercept course"
"Quickly, Evasive Manoeuvre One or we shall not see the stars of home again!"

Old 09-25-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
..All imperfections not corrected by repentance will be dealt with in God's refining fire of Love removing the dross but we are "saved as by fire."
In that case will Hitler and Saddam and Bin Laden make it to heaven?

Old 09-25-2021, 04:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Sorry mate but I'm having trouble figuring out where you're coming from, your profile says you've got "Two X chromosomes" so i don't know if you're Vulcan, Klingon, Romulan or what?

"Commander, PoorOldSpike is on an intercept course"
"Quickly, Evasive Manoeuvre One or we shall not see the stars of home again!"

My profile does not say what you just did, and by the way I did not appreciate your comment regarding the fact that I have native American blood in another thread. Best pull your head out of the sand before a feral cat comes along and buries you.

Old 09-25-2021, 04:30 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
In that case will Hitler and Saddam and Bin Laden make it to heaven?
I don't think it's up to us to make that call. I would presume that while God is likely very, very disappointed in how they lived their lives, He wants them to repent and learn to love as Jesus did. Remember that Jesus asked His Father to forgive the very men who nailed Him to the cross. I have a feeling that Jesus had a pretty darned good understanding of God's plan and wouldn't have even prayed for something He knew His Father would be unwilling to consider. He said that His killers "knew not what they do." Can we say with any degree of certainly, that we understand the minds and hearts of Hitler, Saddam Hussein and bin Laden? Perhaps they, too, "knew not" what they did.

Unlike most people on this forum, I don't personally believe that our death marks the end of our opportunities to learn, grow, make choices, repent and become better. I believe that God will allow us every conceivable chance to do just that, during the time between our death and our resurrection, when we stand before Him to be judged.

Old 09-25-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
..by the way I did not appreciate your comment regarding the fact that I have native American blood in another thread. Best pull your head out of the sand before a feral cat comes along and buries you.
But mate it was you who first said in your profile that you had NA blood, I'd be proud of that if I were you..
Me, I was born in the English city of Lecester which over the centuries has been occupied by Iron Age tribes and Romans, Vikings and Normans, and my surname name goes back to before 1066, so I'm proud that their blood might be coursing through my veins.
For example Rome's badass 14th Legion was based in Leicester for a while, nobody better mess with them..

Old 09-25-2021, 05:14 PM

HELP!- when I log into CityData, is there any way I can find a list of people who've quoted me in various threads so that I can go to reply to them?
Sadly, I'm missing some posts by people who are waiting for an answer from me.
At other forums when logging in, a useful long list comes up of "People who've quoted you".

Old 09-25-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't think it's up to us to make that call. I would presume that while God is likely very, very disappointed in how they lived their lives, He wants them to repent and learn to love as Jesus did. Remember that Jesus asked His Father to forgive the very men who nailed Him to the cross. I have a feeling that Jesus had a pretty darned good understanding of God's plan and wouldn't have even prayed for something He knew His Father would be unwilling to consider. He said that His killers "knew not what they do." Can we say with any degree of certainly, that we understand the minds and hearts of Hitler, Saddam Hussein and bin Laden? Perhaps they, too, "knew not" what they did.

Unlike most people on this forum, I don't personally believe that our death marks the end of our opportunities to learn, grow, make choices, repent and become better. I believe that God will allow us every conceivable chance to do just that, during the time between our death and our resurrection, when we stand before Him to be judged.
Not only do I not think it is the end of our opportunities, I believe it is the very beginning. What we achieve spiritually here are just the "bare bones" composition of our "spiritual body" (its character and abilities) during this spiritual gestation to prepare it for its next life as a newborn infant Spirit.

Imagine if we could have had the ability to design our own physical and mental capabilities during our physical gestation prior to our birth here. So many seem destined to miss the opportunity to design their own spiritual capabilities because they are too focused on this physical life or fear of the next one.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:08 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Not only do I not think it is the end of our opportunities, I believe it is the very beginning. What we achieve spiritually here are just the "bare bones" composition of our "spiritual body" (its character and abilities) during this spiritual gestation to prepare it for its next life as a newborn infant Spirit.

Imagine if we could have had the ability to design our own physical and mental capabilities during our physical gestation prior to our birth here. So many seem destined to miss the opportunity to design their own spiritual capabilities because they are too focused on this physical life or fear of the next one.
I wouldn't say it's the very beginning, because I do believe that we will carry with us any wisdom we found in this life, but this life is really just a probationary period and it's going to take much longer for God to be finished teaching us than just the 70 or 80 years we're here on earth.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I wouldn't say it's the very beginning, because I do believe that we will carry with us any wisdom we found in this life, but this life is really just a probationary period and it's going to take much longer for God to be finished teaching us than just the 70 or 80 years we're here on earth.
What you call the wisdom we acquire here is merely the "spiritual bones" and "spiritual musculature" that will comprise our infant Spirit's "spiritual body." I realize that you and your religion are based on the physical model and expectations of a physical resurrection, so what I say is way out in left field to you. Our body will be spiritual in the sense that it will be comprised of our mental character.

I have alluded to the way I visualize and relate to this concept by referring to the movie Shallow Hal. He was made to see the inner character of people expressed as their physical appearance. This made some ugly people appear beautiful or handsome and some beautiful and handsome people appear ugly. I believe we are designing our inner character that will be expressed in the appearance of our spiritual body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity