Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 01:15 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I explain those scriptures and asked you questions, you refuse to explain and ignored the questions, I am willing to discuss you don't seem willing. oh well
You didn't explain anything. All you did was ignore the plain fact that both passages state that Jesus was God and became man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 01:15 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Don't talk to me about context. Psalm 82 is about the divine council and Jesus was quoting Psalm 82. The divine council refers to angelic beings - elohim. In Psalm 89 the divine council - the assembly of the holy ones is 'in the sky.'' Jewish judges were not in the heavens. God's divine council is in the heavens, not on earth. What Psalms 82 and 89 describe, as with Job 38:7, is a group of heavenly sons of God. Not Jewish leaders. Jesus did not call the Jewish leaders elohim. And yes, the word of God came to the divine council.

The English Standard Version correctly translates Psalm 82:1.

Psalm 82:1 God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:
Sorry, Mike, Psalms 82 is not referring to the Devine council...

Old 09-26-2021, 01:16 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Unfortunately, the Psalms (Tehillim) are not Law (Torah), they are merely poetry and songs...
this I know Richard, yet the scriptures in question says ye are God is written in the law/torah.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
who did the word of God come to mike? and Richard showed you ps.82 was speaking of man.
Richard doesn't know what he is talking about and neither do you. and I already told you who the word of God came to.

Quote:
You didn't explain anything. All you did was ignore the plain fact that both passages state that Jesus was God and became man.
I broke the scriptures down scripture by scripture and made my point and also asked you questions which you ignored.

1,714 posts, read 1,150,355 times
Quote:
Both John and Paul explicitly state that Jesus was God and became man.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. . . 14] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us.
Philippians 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6] who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7] but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8] Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
God became man.
No, as Christians we are to have the same mental attitude as Christ. Christ did not consider equality with God as something to strive for.

"If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God."-1 john 4:15

John 1:1 in the Sahedic translation can be rendered and "a god was the word." It's not polytheism because the understanding is Jesus is divine. But viewing Scripture through a modern day Trinitarian eye you can interpret Scripture a number of ways. Divine/Divinity can then be taking to a whole new level, for example, that Jesus is God.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Richard doesn't know what he is talking about and neither do you. and I already told you who the word of God came to.
lol Richard quote a well known Jewish scribe who I would say has a better understanding of his own scriptures then you or your scholars.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:20 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Again, both John 1:1 compared with John 1:14, and Philippians 2:5-8 plainly state that Jesus is both God and man. Something you are trying desperately to deny.

And you understand nothing about the Trinitarian teaching. Of course Jesus is not the Father. But he is just as much God as the Father is. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are distinct from one another but they are united as one by means of their essence or attributes. They all mutually indwell or interpenatrate each other to the extent that though they are three distinct persons, they exist as one Being.
So, what if G-d tells you to do something and then Jesus comes along and tells you to do something different, countermanding G-d’s order, who’s order takes precedence?...

Last edited by Richard1965; 09-26-2021 at 01:42 PM..

Old 09-26-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
No, as Christians we are to have the same mental attitude as Christ. Christ did not consider equality with God as something to strive for.
ya that is one of the points I made that mike refuses to make an answer to.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:23 PM

Psalm 82. God's or men?

https://drmsh.com/the-plural-elohim-...2-gods-or-men/

https://thedivinecouncil.com/ETS2010Psalm82.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity