Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 02:26 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
when the blind lead the blind they both fall into the ditch.
Listen. I don't agree with everything that scholarship says but I sure as hell give scholars more credence than I do the likes of you. Now I've spent more time on you than I care for in one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Only if he studies them without preconceived notions...And I’d say being a Jew does, we wrote them...

Old 09-26-2021, 02:28 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Listen. I don't agree with everything that scholarship says but I sure as hell give scholars more credence than I do the likes of you. Now I've spent more time on you than I care for in one day.
So, Pneuma will get back with you tomorrow...Have a good day...

Old 09-26-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
So, Pneuma will get back with you tomorrow...Have a good day...
Pneuma can go suck an egg.

Old 09-26-2021, 02:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Pneuma can go suck an egg.
Very Christian, Mike...

Old 09-26-2021, 02:49 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Very Christian, Mike...
Actually pneuma gives as good as he gets, and they are both being very Christian

Not Peace, but Division
Luk 12:49**I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Luk 12:50**But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
Luk 12:51**Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luk 12:52**For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
Luk 12:53**The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

And this is done through Paul

1Co 11:18**For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
1Co 11:19**For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

G139***(Strong)
αἵρεσις
hairesis
hah'ee-res-is
From G138; properly a choice, that is, (specifically) a party or (abstractly) disunion. (“heresy” is the Greek word itself.): - heresy [which is the Greekord itself], sect.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:37 PM

234 posts, read 99,608 times
Let me toss an interesting verse into the playpen-

"Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)

So where does that leave people who don't believe he's the Son of God and believe he's God himself??

Old 09-26-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
Let me toss an interesting verse into the playpen-

"Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God" (1 John 5:5)

So where does that leave people who don't believe he's the Son of God but that he's God himself??
You are not listening. Jesus' title as 'Son of God' does not mean that he is not God. It's a title only which reflects the fact that Jesus is God just as his title 'Son of Man' reflects the fact that he is also a man.

While in his humanity Jesus had a beginning, as God he did not. The Son existed eternally just as the Father has. The title 'Son of God' is not ontological and does not refer to Jesus as having been created or born.

In John 1:1 John says that Jesus (the Word) is God. Then in John 1:34 he records John the baptist as saying that Jesus is the Son of God. The two Johns did not contradict each other.

Old 09-26-2021, 04:01 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
You are not listening. Jesus' title as 'Son of God' does not mean that he is not God. It's a title only which reflects the fact that Jesus is God just as his title 'Son of Man' reflects the fact that he is also a man.
Spike doesn't get that. Apparently he thinks someone can have only one title.

Old 09-26-2021, 04:10 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:

While in his humanity Jesus had a beginning, as God he did not. The Son existed eternally just as the Father has. The title 'Son of God' is not ontological and does not refer to Jesus as having been created or born.

In John 1:1 John says that Jesus (the Word) is God. Then in John 1:34 he records John the baptist as saying that Jesus is the Son of God. The two Johns did not contradict each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Spike doesn't get that. Apparently he thinks someone can have only one title.
Yep ...... The Scriptures are understood by us all in part

And they also have an “in part” construction also, John and Peter and Paul and James all have a different part and speak to different times/seasons/days about the very same kingdom, and it develops relative to and depending on the time/season and whether it’s day or night

That is why Paul says this

1Co 9:19**For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20**And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21**To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22**To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23**And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Hebrews, Romans, Galatians, Ephesians, Corinthians are specific regions that each have their own inheritance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity