Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 05:47 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Because the Bible says straight out that Jesus is God. And it's not 'some' people. The Trinitaritan teaching is believed by most Christians.
It's even believed by 16-million Christians who are not Trinitarians!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 05:54 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It's even believed by 16-million Christians who are not Trinitarians!
By which of course you mean the Church of Latter Day Saints otherwise known as Mormons.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You can NOT be "born again" as Spirit while you are still alive physically.

1st Corinthians 15:36 King James Version
36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
According to you. Not according to the Bible. And you are misusing 1 Corinthians 15:36. What else is new.

To be born again is to be regenerated. And regeneration is spoken of as a past occurrence in Titus 3:5. In Ephesians chapter two those who Paul said had been dead were made alive - that is being born again. You pervert the meaning of what it is to be born again and then argue against the biblical meaning.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:05 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
By which of course you mean the Church of Latter Day Saints otherwise known as Mormons.
Yes, although I am sure there are others as well. The thing is that most non-Trinitarians believe that Jesus is not God after all, but just a good person who did God's will and through whom God worked miracles, even the miracle of the resurrection. But the Latter-day Saints affirm that He is, in fact, God.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:16 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
According to you. Not according to the Bible. And you are misusing 1 Corinthians 15:36. What else is new.

To be born again is to be regenerated. And regeneration is spoken of as a past occurrence in Titus 3:5. In Ephesians chapter two those who Paul said had been dead were made alive - that is being born again. You pervert the meaning of what it is to be born again and then argue against the biblical meaning.
You are the one confusing being "Born again" with being "Conceived by God" because the word "gennao" is mistranslated as "born" when it is referring to God the Father who is male. When referring to males, it does not mean a birth, it means an insemination/fertilization, i.e., conception. We are "conceived by God" as embryo Spirits while we are alive and we either develop and spiritually mature properly or we don't. We are not quickened until we physically die and we are then "born again" as Jesus was.

Old 09-26-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are the one confusing being "Born again" with being "Conceived by God" because the word "gennao" is mistranslated as "born" when it is referring to God the Father who is male. When referring to males, it does not mean a birth, it means an insemination/fertilization, i.e., conception. We are "conceived by God" as embryo Spirits while we are alive and we either develop and spiritually mature properly or we don't. We are not quickened until we physically die and we are then "born again" as Jesus was.
As I said, you give your own meaning to biblical terms and deny the actual biblical meaning of those terms. To be born again is to be regenerated, to be made alive. To be born again does NOT mean to die physically and become a bodiless spirit.

And you do not get to tell scholars who know the Greek that they have mistranslated gennao in order to promote your own theology. As I told you, those who were dead and then made alive (Ephesians 2:1-5) have been born again.

Old 09-27-2021, 06:48 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Because the Bible says straight out that Jesus is God. And it's not 'some' people. The Trinitaritan teaching is believed by most Christians.
Where’s it say straight out?...

Old 09-27-2021, 07:02 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where’s it say straight out?...
Matt. 13:13-16.

Old 09-27-2021, 07:53 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
I mean, he made it clear many times that he wasn't God..
Jesus said -"Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32) "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49) "I am going to my Father and your Father, my God and your God" (John 20:17)
Paul said "There is one mediator between God and men,- the man Jesus Christ" (1 Tim 2:5) And God himself said - "This is my beloved son, listen to him" (Matt 17:5) Jesus regularly prayed to God, yet if he was God why would he pray to himself? He spelt out who he was to the High Priest-
I think you already know the answer. so why ask when you have scriptures that backs up the truth? satan wants MANY to believe otherwise, and most do. instead of examining the scriptures and asking for Spiritual guidance from Jehovah God himself. you're right !.. if Jesus was the ALMIGHTY God, why would he pray to himself. some teach that he's part of a 3in1 called a "trinity." but that was NEVER taught by anyone in the Bible. Jesus taught his disciples past and present to "follow me" meaning in acts and his words. all of the scripturas you have post, MANY of us has brought those same ones to the attention of others. yet!.. they continually say, "Jesus is the God and Father."

but here's two more verse that speaks volume towards the truth of who Jesus is, (John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). Jesus CLEARLY shows that he is NOT the TRUE God. and (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). yes, we suppose to try hard to follow Jesus lead. but it's HIS FATHER'S WILL we must do if we want salvation. Jesus even said one can say "lord, lord" referring to himself. MANY believe pray to on call on Jesus. but Jesus taught us to pray to his Father. remember the "LORD's Prayer", MANY said it, but really didn't understand totally what it meant. peace

Old 09-27-2021, 07:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Matt. 13:13-16.
Yea, that doesn’t allude to it even...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity