Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 03:53 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
All this spoken to Gentiles converts to Judaism
Phi 3:2-3:

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Romans 11:28:

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Quote:
Jesus came bringing a new covenant for Israel and Judah, what in the world does that have to do with Christians?
Colossians 1:26-27:

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Quote:
Jesus didnt come teaching your lawlesness,
Rom 2:13 - (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

However, by the flesh, the natural man does NOT keep the law. No one does. Only Christ was without sin. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (Matt 7:18)

By the law is the knowledge of sin. Rom 3:20:
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

So the lawless ones are the ones who are under the law. "[...] sin is not imputed when there is no law" (Rom 5:13). I am in Christ and so am dead to the law, dead to sin.

Quote:
he said that those of you who hate and wont keep the law to teach others not to keep the law will be the least in the kingdom.
Acts 15:8-10, 28-29:

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

[...]

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Moreover, Paul asks shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? The answer is a resounding no. Romans 6:1-4. Which, most people don't realize, this is another way of asking shall we continue under the law. See the verses immediately preceding, Rom 5:20-21. Because in Romans 6:1-2, he's not speaking after the manner of men. He is only doing so later in the chapter, where he asks what would appear to be the same question (Rom 6:15), unless you realize it's NOT the same question. So, clearly, this is not Jesus's meaning, because that would be contrary to the scriptures I've cited. Jesus fulfilled the law. The ones who teach others to break the law are those who would teach the law. And this is so for all the reasons I've already shown. 1 Tim 1:7: Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Matt 5:18-20:

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The Pharisees were the ones who were "righteous" after the flesh. The way that your righteousness would exceed that of the Pharisees would be to die to sin. As Jesus says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:48. God's standard is perfection.

Quote:
Judah and Israel are real living people that you people claim to be amongst, but you arent even in the same religion.
The word "religion" means to reconnect. Religion is about reconnecting with God. My religion is the body of Christ. By the body of Christ I am dead to sin and have eternal life, and the earnest of my inheritance. I am a child of God. Whoever is not against Him is for Him (Matt 12:30, Mark 9:40, Luke 9:50). And it's written, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) Plus: "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:2)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 03:55 PM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Yes, absolutely. As it's written, "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel" (Rom 9:6). And,

"But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." (Rom 2:29)

Israel is God's elect nation. Those who believe in Christ are said to be grafted in. The church is not a "replacement" as it were for Israel, as some have said. The difference is this. For example:

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt. (Hosea 11:1)

Now, that verse is superficially talking about Israel as an entire people. BUT, if you look at it deeper, if anyone is in Christ, it is also talking about him specifically. How does this work? Well, the calling and gifts of God are without repentance (Rom 11:6). So, while the nation of Israel was severely chastised, yet God has regathered them in the land. All Israel shall be saved, it is written. Likewise, from an individual standpoint, for anyone who is in Christ, you are Israel, and Egypt represents the world. You are in an everlasting, unbreakable covenant of grace with God. That's true on an individual, personal level. Jesus calls His sheep by name, and will not lose a single one. In contrast, being part of the nation of Israel (after the flesh) was never a guarantee of eternal life.

I'm saying this because some people promote the view that the church has replaced Israel. The church is all those who are called out: each individual in Christ collectively. It's not some institution that serves as a replacement to Israel, where you can join yourself to it, but also leave or be cut off. But in Christ, each one individually has an everlasting name that shall not be cut off. (And in case anyone would bring up Rom 11:22, know that the cutting off refers to chastisement, just like what happened to Israel as a nation. The death of Jesus as the Son of God is also a picture of this.)

Well, I never thought I'd get such a response from you.
I hear you, yet my point is, Salvation is only promised to an elect people, Israel, and so it s not for all without exception. The elect people is Israel, the Church, the Body of Christ.

Old 12-05-2021, 03:58 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
Calvinism has been almost completely rejected. Few buy into his nonsense. Yes, not are elect. But the faithful elect are charged with the task of bring the Gospel to the whole world.

Matt 28:18-20
John 3:16.

Old 12-05-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
No I am not.

Jews and Israelis love and follow the commandments of God and all it entails with all its Sabbaths and feasts, THAT IS WHAT MAKES THEM GOD'S PEOPLE GENIUS.

You keep the lawless ways of Baal having no law, and pagan Sabbaths and feasts.

Jews and Israelis remain Jews and Israelis because they are the only people history and still to this day that love and practice the religion of Messiah.

Because you are lawless and pagan, you have some type of illusion that your lawlessness and pagan holy days make you a part of Gods chosen, but they separate you.

I mean, how hard is that to figure out, you think God has done away with THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO KEEP HIS RELIGION TO PUT YOU IN THEIR PLACE?

LOL, WHAT KIND OF BACKWARDS GOD DO YOU THINK YOU SERVE?
Yes you are. Israel's Salvation has nothing to do with their ethnicity, that would be respect of persons. Paul calls all that having confidence in the flesh. Read Phil 3

Old 12-05-2021, 04:00 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
I hear you, yet my point is, Salvation is only promised to an elect people, Israel, and so it s not for all without exception. The elect people is Israel, the Church, the Body of Christ.
No such thing as a spiritual Israel…

Old 12-05-2021, 04:43 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Phi 3:2-3:

2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.
3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Romans 11:28:

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

Colossians 1:26-27:

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Rom 2:13 - (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

However, by the flesh, the natural man does NOT keep the law. No one does. Only Christ was without sin. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. (Matt 7:18)

By the law is the knowledge of sin. Rom 3:20:
"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin."

So the lawless ones are the ones who are under the law. "[...] sin is not imputed when there is no law" (Rom 5:13). I am in Christ and so am dead to the law, dead to sin.

Acts 15:8-10, 28-29:

8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

[...]

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Moreover, Paul asks shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? The answer is a resounding no. Romans 6:1-4. Which, most people don't realize, this is another way of asking shall we continue under the law. See the verses immediately preceding, Rom 5:20-21. Because in Romans 6:1-2, he's not speaking after the manner of men. He is only doing so later in the chapter, where he asks what would appear to be the same question (Rom 6:15), unless you realize it's NOT the same question. So, clearly, this is not Jesus's meaning, because that would be contrary to the scriptures I've cited. Jesus fulfilled the law. The ones who teach others to break the law are those who would teach the law. And this is so for all the reasons I've already shown. 1 Tim 1:7: Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

Matt 5:18-20:

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The Pharisees were the ones who were "righteous" after the flesh. The way that your righteousness would exceed that of the Pharisees would be to die to sin. As Jesus says, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." Matt 5:48. God's standard is perfection.

The word "religion" means to reconnect. Religion is about reconnecting with God. My religion is the body of Christ. By the body of Christ I am dead to sin and have eternal life, and the earnest of my inheritance. I am a child of God. Whoever is not against Him is for Him (Matt 12:30, Mark 9:40, Luke 9:50). And it's written, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16) Plus: "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:2)
Dude that was written to Gentiles grafted adopted into Israel to practice the same religin as Messiah, you think you are in the same religion Jesus walked in?

Brahaha.

Get real dude, you dont even know what to pray for on Shenini Atzeret, in what bizzarro wold are you not an enemy to Jerusalem and Messiah?

Enemies of Jerusalem.

Old 12-06-2021, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No such thing as a spiritual Israel…
Yes it is, you just blind to it.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Yes it is, you just blind to it.
Sad to say, Richard is the one poster in here that doesnt believe in Jesus but he knows the the New Testament better than all the Christians in here.

In the old days, it was a debate for Christ coming as the hero to Judaism and the nation who prayed for his coming, but these days there is no need for a Jew to debate because the Christian proves without a doubt that Jesus couldnt possibly be the messiah.

The modern Christian Jesus is presented as the very worst enemy against God's ways, the very worst traitor to his own people, and the worst false prophet that ever lived.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-07-2021 at 02:57 PM..

Old 12-07-2021, 03:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Sad to say, Richard is the one poster in here that doesnt believe in Jesus but he knows the the New Testament better than all the Christians in here.

In the old days, it was a debate for Christ coming as the hero to Judaism and the nation who prayed for his coming, but these days there is no need for a Jew to debate because the Christian proves without a doubt that Jesus couldnt possibly be the messiah.

The modern Christian Jesus is presented as the very worst enemy against God's ways, the very worst traitor to his own people, and the worst false prophet that ever lived.
Your sad and tiresome polemic against Christianity simply perpetuates the very carnal and worldly mindset that bred the rejection of Jesus in the first place. Our ancestors were totally focused on worldly and carnal affairs and had no real interest in spirituality other than a fear of Spirits. Jesus came as the Spiritual Messiah, but they were looking for and expecting a worldly King.

They still are. It is sad to see how badly they have missed the most profound intervention by God into the affairs of humanity by burrowing even deeper into carnal and worldly views instead of seeking the intended spiritual ones.

Old 12-07-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your sad and tiresome polemic against Christianity simply perpetuates the very carnal and worldly mindset that bred the rejection of Jesus in the first place. Our ancestors were totally focused on worldly and carnal affairs and had no real interest in spirituality other than a fear of Spirits. Jesus came as the Spiritual Messiah, but they were looking for and expecting a worldly King.

They still are. It is sad to see how badly they have missed the most profound intervention by God into the affairs of humanity by burrowing even deeper into carnal and worldly views instead of seeking the intended spiritual ones.
No, welcome to reality.

They alone follow the only religion ordained by God and followed by Jesus.

2000 years of history bare out the fact of their persecution was because they wouldnt stop followimg the same religion as the messiah.

You dont follow God's religion.

That is the simple fact.

They alone follow God and people like you will pretend they dont exist, that God's religion is over, or that you replaced them with your own invented religion.

Wake up and smell reality genius, what are the names of your sabbaths and holy days again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity