Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 10:28 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,465 times

Advertisements

Earlier I said you were ill informed about your religion or you are being deceitful. The very fact that you are trying to discredit the messenger, because the messenger just so happens to have inside info on your religion, shows that you are practicing "war strategy"

Old 01-05-2009, 10:29 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,586,374 times
betraying your brothers is not the same as dying

I read it, and it's funny how the JW love to twist the scriptures

How can you compare what Rahab did to what you may say in court that may go against your brothers?

Rahab was trying to save her and her family's life

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
When it comes to our brothers safety...please read the comment I quoted. Since the two sentences don't mesh, doesnt it show how context is key?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:29 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
This says it all right there, and what you are doing is war strategy AliceNevada, because anyone who would warn people about the JW's are considered God's enemies by your religion.
You really should read the referenced 1956 article before you start in on 'war strategy' and assuming that you understand what that entails. None of this has anything whatsoever to do with our preaching world. And I do not consider you my enemy. However, you seem to consider me yours.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 AM

believe me, I know alot, I mean a heck of a lot more about this religion than what you may realize, or maybe you do realize it and that is why you are being ever more deceitful.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:30 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,586,374 times
another strategy of mind control

making yourself look like a victim

Im sure there are watchtower articles about mind control

Quote:
You really should read the referenced 1956 article before you start in on 'war strategy' and assuming that you understand what that entails. None of this has anything whatsoever to do with our preaching world. And I do not consider you my enemy. However, you seem to consider me yours.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 AM

I don't consider you my enemy either, but the entity who guides your religion, I most definitely do, and no I am not even remotely talking about the holy spirit.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
betraying your brothers is not the same as dying

I read it, and it's funny how the JW love to twist the scriptures

How can you compare what Rahab did to what you may say in court that may go against your brothers?

Rahab was trying to save her and her family's life
Well, we aren't talking about brothers going to court for murder or rape...we're talking about our brothers going to court for preaching the word of God, as they were instructed to do. This work is far more important than the laws of the land and we will continue to do it regardless of whether we are under ban. Therefore, the 'court' proceedings the article is referring to involve these types of cases. Rahab's case absolutely applies. She knew the spies were from God's chosen people. We believe we are that chosen people today. Therefore there is no twisting of the scriptures necessary. But see it how you like.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
I don't consider you my enemy either, but the entity who guides your religion, I most definitely do, and no I am not even remotely talking about the holy spirit.
And again, you feel that you are different than I? Interesting. I far prefer to follow the organization that i feel focuses on obedience to god than one that actually sanctions wars or fornication.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM

594 posts, read 1,044,086 times
Quote:
None of this has anything whatsoever to do with our preaching world.
At all times they must be very careful not to divulge any information to the enemy that he could use to hamper the preaching work.

I also like this quote from Jehovah's Witnesses: Watchtower Society Official Web Site "Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie." The cultists' favorite pasttime: semantics.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM

Dang AliceNevada,, you just completely contradicted what you were saying earlier. You have flat out lied, no ifs ands or buts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity