Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 01:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

It's scriptural, Omahabound, please see Colossians 1:15-20 and Ephesians 1, Romans 8:18-21. Love never fails. God never fails. He is able to and will subdue all things to Himself, even all hearts. Take care and God bless.
<snipped for brevity>
God bless.
One might consider God reconciling all as you believe He will if you could simply reconcile those bits of Scripture with all those other ones you keep ignoring but I understand that you work like Mormons do. Avoid controversy are recite the talking points.

We've got your talking points. They've been posted and reposted and reposted. Now take all those verses and reconcile them with all the veres that show there's more to the context that you're leaving out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 01:35 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
There is no carnal interpretation thus the continued non-answers.
So far all have seen that you refuse to answer. This is why I like forums like this one. People who are searching can see for themselves how the church and it`s followers such as yourself cannot refute scripture.
Do you believe God is the Savior of ALL men. ESPECIALLY of those that believe?
So far I have asked that question twice and so far you run from it and go off on a tanget about something else. Once again you prove to those watching that darkness flees from the light. I truly believe God is using church followers ,such as yourself ,who are unable to defend their false teaching in light of scripture on forums like these ,to help others see the truth. Praise God for his wonderous ways!

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
So far all have seen that you refuse to answer. This is why I like forums like this one. People who are searching can see for themselves how the church and it`s followers such as yourself cannot refute scripture.
So far I have asked that question twice and so far you run from it and go off on a tanget about something else. Once again you prove to those watching that darkness flees from the light. I truly believe God is using church followers ,such as yourself ,who are unable to defend their false teaching in light of scripture on forums like these ,to help others see the truth. Praise God for his wonderous ways!
Just what exactly is your seminary background? of all the audacity of internet theology.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:53 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,732 times
From the beginning God says His intention is to make you into His image and likeness; which, according to you, is Master Torturer. He is the Creator of Ultimate Torture, unlike any other evil being, He's The Miraculous Sustainer of countless sentient beings in immeasurable suffering for no reasonable end or any outcome; but, only for them to be continuously tortured for ever. Since it is written God made all things for His pleasure, as it is written: "...Thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created," (cp., Rv 4:11, AV) it is obvious He must enjoy this; besides, He can stop it whenever He wants, so He obviously doesn't want to. He's enjoying it too much. All the devil can do is kill you. Your God tortures ceaselessly for ever for no result but more torture, a thing not even true of the devil. He's immeasurably more evil than the devil, not only because what He does is infinitely worse, but because He can choose another way. Additionally, with much foresight, He knew what He was doing from the beginning when He made both man and the lake of fire. That's Who you're following and Who you are becoming like: The Supreme Torturer! To obey Him you better get busy practicing what you've learned of Him. He commands it! "Become, then, imitators of God, as beloved children..." (Eph 5:1)

Of course, since God's sacrifice of His Son doesn't satisfy Him for those He must ceaselessly torture for ever, He can never be satisfied. You who are following Him will never be satisfied either. Since "The Damned" must be ceaselessly tortured for ever, it is obvious they are not forgiven, so your God cannot forgive, not ever! Neither can you!! You can't forgive. It's in your nature, by the God you've chosen to control you, to never forgive. We know you're like this by the statute known as de heretico comburendo and the implementation of it for over 200 years in the English speaking world, torturing and burning at the stake those of whom you disapprove. You already have a LONG history of being like the God you serve.

We who are true followers of the Lamb know just what god it is you really serve!!!

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 05-10-2009 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-10-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
What church am I a follower of?

Quote:
If you want answers to question, you actually have to read the answers. I'd suggest you go back and actually read my posts.

Quote:
The only thing I've proven is your inability to read. now I understand why you interpret the Bible the way you do. If there's any fleeing, it's you from literacy.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
From the beginning God says His intention is to make you into His image and likeness; which, according to you, is Master Torturer. He is the Creator of Ultimate Torture, unlike any other evil being, He's The Miraculous Sustainer of countless sentient beings in immeasurable suffering for no reasonable end or any outcome; but, only for them to be continuously tortured for ever. Since it is written God made all things for His pleasure, as it is written: "...Thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created," (cp., Rv 4:11, AV) it is obvious He must enjoy this; besides, He can stop it whenever He wants, so He obviously doesn't want to. He's enjoying it too much. All the devil can do is kill you. Your God tortures ceaselessly for ever for no result but more torture, a thing not even true of the devil. He's immeasurably more evil than the devil, not only because what He does is infinitely worse, but because He can choose another way. That's Who you're following and Who you are becoming like: The Supreme Torturer!

Of course, since God's sacrifice of His Son doesn't satisfy Him for those He must ceaselessly torture for ever, He can never be satisfied. You who are following Him will never be satisfied either. Since "The Damned" must be ceaselessly tortured for ever, it is obvious they are not forgiven, so your God cannot forgive, not ever! Neither can you!! You can't forgive. It's in your nature, by the God you've chosen to control you, to never forgive. We know you're like this by the statute known as de heretico comburendo and the implementation of it for over 200 years in the English speaking world, torturing and burning at the stake those of whom you disapprove. You already have a LONG history of being like the God you serve.

We who are true followers of the Lamb know just what god it is you really serve!!!
Perhaps you ought to give the idea of justice some thought. To truly love, one must understand justice first.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:08 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,732 times
Quote:
Perhaps you ought to give the idea of justice some thought. To truly love, one must understand justice first.
You cannot put infinity on one side of Justice's scales and the finite on the other and have the scales to balance. A finite man cannot deserve an infinite reward. Understand?

But you are saying I must agree not only with the greatest possible injustice, but also agree with the greatest possible evil comprehensible to the mind of man in order to love?! That is an idea perverted to the extreme.

And you are proposing that for you to imitate The Supreme Torturer is only just?! People would do well to lock such a one up!

Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
You cannot put infinity on one side of Justice's scales and the finite on the other and have the scales to balance. A finite man cannot deserve an infinite reward. Understand?

But you are saying I must agree not only with the greatest possible injustice, but also agree with the greatest possible evil comprehensible to the mind of man in order to love?! That is an idea perverted to the extreme.

And you are proposing that for you to imitate The Supreme Torturer is only just?! People would do well to lock such a one up!
The fact that you rely on inflammatory rhetoric, "The Supreme Torturer," shows that you're not here for a serious dialogue and until you are, we needn't talk, mkay?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:

I am curous James, why?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:24 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,674 times
Quote:
How about addressing John 3:16-18 and all the other Scripture?
Unlike you, I am not afraid of the truth. Unlike you, I have no problem talking about and discussing scripture. That is what makes your nonunderstanding of scripture and God`s word obvious to all. You are one of those who post scripture that you think supports your doctrine, then when the light is shown on those scriptures you move to another one. All the while ,unable to answer scripture that totally exposes your belief as false. Will you still continue to ignore scripture that you can`t defend. I hope so. Because your silence on those scriptures speak louder than any church spin you can come up with.
john 3:16-18

16 for God did so love the world, that His Son -- the only begotten -- He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

"Life is found through Jesus, the lamb slain ,FROM THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD. That is how much God loves his creation. There is no other way but through belief in Jesus. Everyone must believe in him to have life."

17 For God did not send His Son to the world that he may judge the world, but that the world may be saved through him;

"Jesus came not to judge the world, but to SAVE the WORLD." (That`s the part you don`t seem to believe)

18 he who is believing in him is not judged, but he who is not believing hath been judged already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The bible talks about different kinds of judgment. You are born into this world already under judgement through Adam. Only through Christ ( the second Adam) can you escape this judgment. So ,in other words, you are under judgment UNTIL you believe on Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity