Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:54 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Keep waiting. I've added you to ignore. Either you're being deliberately deceitful or are illiterate. I have time for neither. If you're still confused try actually reading my posts instead of ignoring them.
Darkness flees from the light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 AM

702 posts, read 1,006,256 times
1 John 4:5-6 (CLV)...
5 They are of the world; therefore they are speaking of the world, and the world is hearing them.
6 We are of God. He who knows God is hearing us. He who is not of God is not hearing us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deception.

God hears everything and is not deceived. He is All-seeing but is not defiled. We are to be in His image and likeness. It is the destroyer who makes you to not hear. Jesus says, "Why do you not understand me? It is because you cannot hear my word." Be an hearer or be in error.

Something I wanted to recomend is the presentation of the case for eternal torment by Pink and its rebuttal. Pink is special to me (though the puritan of the 1600's, Thomas Watson, is my favorite). His later works, after he left dispensationalism, are very good for those who savor the Biblical approach. Few are as able as Pink to present the Scriptural case on a matter. Yet here, on so great a subject he gets his comeuppance! www.concordant.org has it. Without study, using the tools that are available, how can you have an unimpeded confidence that God will bring you into more light?

Old 05-11-2009, 02:15 PM

702 posts, read 1,006,256 times
For the writing I recommended in post #172 here is the link...sorry for having left so little of a trail...for A Reply to "Universalism Refuted" (which is Knock answering Pink) click on:
A Reply to "Universalism Refuted" - Part One

Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
1 John 4:5-6 (CLV)...
5 They are of the world; therefore they are speaking of the world, and the world is hearing them.
6 We are of God. He who knows God is hearing us. He who is not of God is not hearing us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of deception.

God hears everything and is not deceived. He is All-seeing but is not defiled. We are to be in His image and likeness. It is the destroyer who makes you to not hear. Jesus says, "Why do you not understand me? It is because you cannot hear my word." Be an hearer or be in error.

Something I wanted to recomend is the presentation of the case for eternal torment by Pink and its rebuttal. Pink is special to me (though the puritan of the 1600's, Thomas Watson, is my favorite). His later works, after he left dispensationalism, are very good for those who savor the Biblical approach. Few are as able as Pink to present the Scriptural case on a matter. Yet here, on so great a subject he gets his comeuppance! www.concordant.org has it. Without study, using the tools that are available, how can you have an unimpeded confidence that God will bring you into more light?
By the Spirit. You rely on tools of man it seems.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:07 PM

63 posts, read 105,251 times
The last comments were not neccessary. If you don't want anyone offending you than watch what you say!!! My Jesus is not WEAK.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:37 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
The Holy Trinity....
To say you fully understand it is to be confused as to what it is.
To say you think the trinity is not true is to be in error....

No Christian yet born can say with a straight face they fully understand the trinity.
None of us do.
Yet, the Trinity is how God is...

I can admit to you that I don't understand the trinity, but I will also state with 100% clarity that the Trinity is the truth....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity