Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 10:01 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,674 times

Advertisements

I love the truth of God`s word. That it is why more and more people who come to forums like these are turning from the church. They can see the scriptures that are giving by those who believe in the restoration of Gods`s creation and can see how those taught by the church simply can`t refute those scriptures. We know that darkness flees from the light and the post above is a perfect example. NO scripture to refute the light of God`s word. The only thing day can offer is, it`s not biblical and you are going to burn forever!No proof,no scripture,no nothing. It`s sort of like Jesus being tempted in the wilderness. Satan gave a couple of scriptures taken out of context but Jesus enlightened him with the real truth of God`s word of which he could not refute. That is why those led by the church cannot succeed when debating true scripture. I think everyone can see that is obvious at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2009, 10:06 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
The scripture you cited---
"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Can you not see that you base your belief on basically two words? "ALL" and "THINGS". How lame. This is a COMMON SENSE scripture. Yes, everyone will be serving God in the end. Satan will be destroyed and be in hell along with everyone else....He will have no more power. So common sense tells us that whether in hell or heaven, all will be subject to God, all will bow. Duh.
Dear DOTL,
In Philippians 2:10,11 "things" is not in the original Greek. Celestial, terrestrial and subterranean are all in the genitive case showing possession:

Phi 2:10-11 that in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, of celestial and of terrestrial and of subterranean, (11) and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father."

"Things" don't have tongues or knees, at least not the things I am thinking of.

Subterranean need not mean "hell" because there are many subterranean bases all over the world which are set up for the Government officials and "special" people to live during crisis.
These subterranean ones may also be the ones who go into caves to get away from the face of the Lord

Rev 6:15 "And the kings of the earth, and the magnates, and the captains, and the rich, and the strong, and every slave and freeman, hide themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains."

Last I looked, caves were subterranean.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:10 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
"God so loved the world" means "ever single person."

If you limit the "all" of Colossians 1:20 to less than "absolute all" then you must be prepared to do that with the "alls" of Colossians 1:16 to 1:20. Good luck!

Eusebius
Give it a break. You quote "God so loved the world..." then interpret something not even said yet ignore what is actually said.

"...that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

You also make God a liar when you say all men are saved. You imply that all sins will be forgiven.

"And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven."

Old 05-10-2009, 10:21 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Dear DOTL, I agree wholeheartedly with you that Christ died for all but not all accept Him. Do you understand that I agree with you on that point? Please tell me if you do understand.
If you believe this, then why don't you believe the rest of God's Word?

Quote:
Eusebius' reply:
Likewise, those who do accept Him who are of Peter, James and John's ministry and who Christ specifically ministered to when on earth, do not go to heaven. They, in the resurrection, go into the kingdom on the earth to be set up by Christ in what is called the Millennium.
Yes, they are in fact in heaven. They are awaiting the millenial kingdom, just like we are. Whether they are sleeping or fully awake in heaven, they are there.

Luke 16:22

"The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

What happens to Lazarus the beggar here? And what happens to the rich man who died in his sins? Exactly what the Bible teaches WILL happen....the saints immediately go to heaven, the unsaved go directly to hell.

And I'll address the rest later....my son is taking me out to lunch for Mother's Day.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Give it a break. You quote "God so loved the world..." then interpret something not even said yet ignore what is actually said.
This explains YOU exactly

Quote:
"...that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."
Have you never studied scripture? Have you ever looked at the whole bible, or are you like the pharisees of Jesus day? Perhaps you use scripture like satan did in the wilderness. Have you ever tried to understand who the whoever is in the verse above? Of course you haven`t. Do you even understand the depth of that verse. Of course not because you read the bible and understand it with your carnal mind.

Quote:
You also make God a liar when you say all men are saved. You imply that all sins will be forgiven.
This is a faithful saying worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
Do you believe this verse. According to what you wrote above you do not. Now, who who is making God out to be a liar?

Quote:
"And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven."
Why don`t you finish the scripture? It will not be forgiven him in THIS AGE or the AGE TO COME. But of course you don`t understand what these verses are saying, because your blinded eyes have not been opened to understanding the plan of God. You have no idea what the ages mean. You have been taught the bible by people who decipher their meanings in the physical and so that is what you believe.

"Because the carnal mind is enmity [hatred] against God: for it is NOT subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed CAN BE" (Rom. 8:7).

Old 05-10-2009, 11:00 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,391,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
This explains YOU exactly

Have you never studied scripture? Have you ever looked at the whole bible, or are you like the pharisees of Jesus day? Perhaps you use scripture like satan did in the wilderness. Have you ever tried to understand who the whoever is in the verse above? Of course you haven`t. Do you even understand the depth of that verse. Of course not because you read the bible and understand it with your carnal mind.

This is a faithful saying worthy of all acceptance. For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.
Do you believe this verse. According to what you wrote above you do not. Now, who who is making God out to be a liar?

Why don`t you finish the scripture? It will not be forgiven him in THIS AGE or the AGE TO COME. But of course you don`t understand what these verses are saying, because your blinded eyes have not been opened to understanding the plan of God. You have no idea what the ages mean. You have been taught the bible by people who decipher their meanings in the physical and so that is what you believe.

"Because the carnal mind is enmity [hatred] against God: for it is NOT subject to the [spiritual] law of God, neither indeed CAN BE" (Rom. 8:7).
It's not a matter of not understanding it's a matter of interpreting via the Spirit rather than a single version of the Bible and the teachings of an earthly church that mandates their philosophy over the clear meaning of the Bible.

And thank you for not being able to refut a single verse presented. You merely dismiss what is said and press on with more church propaganda.

Let me know when you actually get a chance to show a learned interpretation of Scripture rather than a recital of church talking points.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
It's not a matter of not understanding it's a matter of interpreting via the Spirit rather than a single version of the Bible and the teachings of an earthly church that mandates their philosophy over the clear meaning of the Bible.
and everything you have posted shows an interpretation with the carnal mind and not of the spirit.

Quote:
And thank you for not being able to refut a single verse presented. You merely dismiss what is said and press on with more church propaganda.
Once again, you can`t refute scripture and of course you don`t try to. But let me try again. Jesus said he is the savior of ALL men,ESPECIALLY of those that believe. Do you believe that? You chose to ignore that previously. Wll you choose to ignore it again? Perhaps you will give us the church`s spin on it.

Quote:
Let me know when you actually get a chance to show a learned interpretation of Scripture rather than a recital of church talking points.
My friend, scripture after scripture has been posted that shows, God will do what he set out to do. You just don`t believe it. You think you are in control and not God.As far as church talking points, now that is ironic, seeing how you just regurgitate church taught doctrine and shy away from scripture that you can`t understand. But of course darkness flees from the light.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:53 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
and everything you have posted shows an interpretation with the carnal mind and not of the spirit.
What verse is that? You talk about the church's spin on things?

Old 05-10-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
What verse is that? You talk about the church's spin on things?
Read the previous post about literal interpretation of certain scripture.

Old 05-10-2009, 12:04 PM

14,886 posts, read 17,170,876 times
Quote:
My friend, scripture after scripture has been posted that shows, God will do what he set out to do.
Amen and Amen, spm62. God will do it and no man can hinder Him

No One Can Hinder Thee

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity