Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 11:58 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,209,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Then why do they all loathe homosexuals? When did Jesus say it was ok to take this group of people and claim they were less than?
I'm not a therapist, so I cannot answer why many Christians seem to be so hung up on the sexual behaviour of others when that behaviour really does not affect them. They tend to judge others, but why I don't know. Perhaps it allows them to feel better about themselves? Just one of the many reasons that I'm no longer a Christian.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:46 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Well, clearly, you are not following Jesus, because Jesus never said anything about homosexuality.

You can take as many twists and turns as you like through your "faith," but you will only dupe yourself, in the end. Never anyone else. I have never seen so many Christians jump through rhetorical hoops just to avoid being wrong.

Deep down inside, you know you don't know what you're talking about. It must be sad to live your whole life like you do.
Jesus Christ never said a lot of things, yet His Word the Bible states that the homosexual lifestyle is wrong. I am not twisting anything. The Bible is clear on this. And that is why the Bible tells you not to be deceived. 1 Corinthians 6:9 and 10 clearly state that (HOMOSEXUALS) will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Deep down inside, I know the Bible is correct. I don't have to jump through any hoops here. The Bible tells us outright. After almost 59 years on this earth, there is very little I would change. I have the joy of knowing the God of all Creation, and there is joy when one is in service to him, and believes His truth.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,982,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm not a therapist, so I cannot answer why many Christians seem to be so hung up on the sexual behaviour of others when that behaviour really does not affect them. They tend to judge others, but why I don't know. Perhaps it allows them to feel better about themselves? Just one of the many reasons that I'm no longer a Christian.
When the Bible tells you that such behaviour will keep men from God, that is the reason Christians try to point that out to them. The Bible already made the judgement. If Christians did not care about others, they would simply let them go to Hell.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:38 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,407,693 times
Still no answer....I was hoping someone would have the guts to answer my question.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,585,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Adam?? I love that arguement! Remember at the beginning they were all doing each other...mom and dad, mom and sons, dad and daughters, sisters and brothers....so I guess that is okay too. I mean after all, the OT is such a wonderful example of how we should live! Get out the stones everyone!
I don't know if God condoned mom and sons; dad and daughters. I know He condoned sisters and brothers. How else will the population grow. The bible does not say having relations with your sibling is a sin in of itself but during that time things were so close to perfection that bacteria wasn't around, degradation of DNA etc.....so it was healthy for sisters and brothers to procreate but that is not the case now as it very dangerous for the child increasing the chance of birth defects.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 06-23-2009 at 07:38 AM..

Old 06-23-2009, 07:16 AM

20 posts, read 17,864 times
chemical imbalance maybe, but not a god. Thats like saying someone cast a spell on you.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:20 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,585,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
I don't think any straight men answered my question yet....Did you choose to be attracted to women? Could any of you straight men sit there and say you might actually be turned on at the thought of having "relations" with another man, but choose not to because it would be a sin. In other words you could choose a man to lay with but you don't because it is wrong so you CHOOSE a woman. I'd like a few straight men to answer this.

As a woman I don't remember ever being attracted to another female. I guess I could possibly be turned on by one ....but it never crossed my mind. I was a boy crazy girl like most....I dunno. Just curious.
No I didn't choose to be attracted to women, I just was. Homosexuality is a sin, plain and simple. We are all prone to some kind of sin or another, for some it's stealing, others it's anger, other it's lying (God hates a lying tongue) etc......doesn't get us off the hook because somehow God made us "this way" we know it's wrong because He gave us a conscience and we fight it, if one truly receives Christ and becomes a new creation, all things have passed away.... then the fruits must be evidence of that change, if you are still a habitual liar then the Holy Spirit did not enter you because then you are making Him a liar and blaspheming His name. One can fall from time to time even have thoughts but they don't love to embrace it like they once did. I hope that answers your question

Old 06-23-2009, 07:26 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,120,213 times
Quote:
I don't think any straight men answered my question yet....Did you choose to be attracted to women? Could any of you straight men sit there and say you might actually be turned on at the thought of having "relations" with another man, but choose not to because it would be a sin. In other words you could choose a man to lay with but you don't because it is wrong so you CHOOSE a woman. I'd like a few straight men to answer this.

As a woman I don't remember ever being attracted to another female. I guess I could possibly be turned on by one ....but it never crossed my mind. I was a boy crazy girl like most....I dunno. Just curious.
Ok, here is one response. When I was younger (10-11 yrs old), I remember exploring with a friend of mine from school. He initiated the process and although I was hesistant at first, I went along with it. It wasn't long before we realized that this was something neither of us was comfortable with and we were both extremely embarassed about the whole thing. Needless, to say, our friendship dissolved after this time together.

Just as I made a choice to get involved in that situation though, I summarily chose to pursue relations with women only and I have been blessed to be with a wonderful woman who loves me like no other. From a personal standpoint, I remember that time as being disgusting and would rather go home to be with the Lord than to allow myself to enter into a situation like that again.

I have nothing but compassion for those who are in those types of relationships though and pray for them quite often, ready to witness if they so desire, even though I understand that they might pretty much tell me what side of the bridge to jump off of.

BTW, I lived in SF at the time of my experience and have been a Christian for eight years running and continue to grow in my praise and worship of my Lord and Savior!! Blessings.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:35 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,237,468 times
God gave me high blood pressure.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,668,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I would sure like to know why Christians obsess about this particular sin and ignore the others....Perhaps some sexual therapy would be warranted for some of you.

The seven deadly sins are lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride.....I don't see homosexuality mentioned specifically but, I'm also not seeing the outrage by Christians regarding the other six sins that I see about lust....What's up with that? I have seen all of these "sins" in Christians, particularly pride but they never seem to be topics discussed here.
We know everyone sins, however Christians fail to mention that when they are running their anti-gay diatribes.

Christians have enough problems in their own communitythey need to fix, before they should even consider bad mouthing gays. Get your high divorce rate down and unwed teen parent population rate under control, work on stopping your teens who have unprotected sex from spreading STDs, then we might consider your opinion on other issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity