Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2009, 07:32 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,980,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
And God doesn't make mistakes, right? Therefore, I see no reason to believe that God didn't make me this way, since God, the creator, is perfect and all-knowing. How can God automatically condemn what he has created in his image?
A murder could make the same claim, and he would be equally wrong.
God condems both practices, and only God's adversary supports them.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:48 PM

702 posts, read 1,007,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Did God give you the ability to get inside someones head? Are you calling this man a liar? How many people have to tell you they were born gay, for you to believe them? The Bible was written by men didn't have a clear understanding of life including homosexuals. When you have real, live people telling you the truth, it would be in your best interest to listen to them instead of glean your thoughts from a book that is full of fictional exaggerations and contradictions. Talk about a cop out.
It wouldn't make much difference if people were born homosexuals. You could say we all were born with the potential for every kind of sin. That is why Jesus says, "You must be born again." "Sin" just means we're missing the point. Sexual sin is missing the point of sex. It is first for male and female to reproduce more like themselves. Even more it is for pleasure and bonding; but, between a man and a woman because we're different on the inside too. We're to be joined to "the other," one who is "different" (ie., hetero) in love and not to just "the same" (ie., homo.) The way Scripture tells it is we were all adapted to the way of the world around us so we walked with the devil by following the death at work in our bodies (ie., "lusts of the flesh") and doing whatever we decided to without the facts because of the way we thought. It was our nature to be "locked in" to this death where we were quickened by Satan to do and be what he wanted. Here it is in other words:

Ephesians 2:1-3 (CLV)...
1 And you, being dead to your offenses and sins,
2 in which once you walked, in accord with the eon of this world, in accord with the chief of the jurisdiction of the air, the spirit now operating in the sons of stubbornness
3 (among whom we also all behaved ourselves once in the lusts of our flesh, doing the will of the flesh and of the comprehension, and were, in our nature, children of indignation, even as the rest),...

"Children of wrath:" that is all of us. Not just such that God is angry with us, but we were angry, though we didn't realize it was Him we were against. Out of tender pity, moved with compassion, God made our spirits to be alive. Before this being "vivified" I confused my soul with my spirit and thought it was my inner man because my spirit was fallen and dead. God manifesting Himself caused my soul to be "roused," or awakened. I was in another realm that I had never realized existed. I was in God. Everything has changed. It's as if I can see things from the inside. Now I have a hope, I expect a future of transcendent glories because what God's kindness has already brought. Here is how it says it in Scripture:

Ephesians 2:4-7, (CLV)...
4 yet God, being rich in mercy, because of His vast love with which He loves us
5 (we also being dead to the offenses and the lusts), vivifies us together in Christ (in grace are you saved!)
6 and rouses us together and seats us together among the celestials, in Christ Jesus,
7 that, in the oncoming eons, He should be displaying the transcendent riches of His grace in His kindness to us in Christ Jesus.

This new birth of my spirit by being in union with God's Spirit Who dwells in this body with me is not something I was taught or trained into. It was not a result of my doing anything to deserve it. I heard about it and took Him at His word, that God wanted to give me the gift of His Spirit if I would accept Him to lead me and teach me. If I wanted Him enough to be willing to go along with His will I could be given Spirit of the ultimate lifeform. By believing Him and what He promises I could partake of the Divine nature. Now I can meet with others who have His Spirit and all that Jesus is and does can come through any one of us. We don't have some special man to do everything for us. We all are becoming like Him to do those things He does. We can't brag about ourselves, because it is Him in us that brings this manifesting of God through us where ever we are. Here is how Scripture says it:

Ephesians 2:8-10 (CLV)...
8 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.
10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them.

Like the butterfly does not realize its true potential as a worm in the dirt. It must die to itself in the cocoon it weaves for itself to put on wings and fly in the heavens. Again...you're not made right because you claim it wasn't your fault, that you were born a sinner so God made you that way. Your being made right takes another thing beyond being born here as a human. "You must be born again!" By receiving Jesus, denying yourself to follow Him (which can hurt sometimes because we like our own way,) and taking up the fact everyday that others want to kill you just because you love them and God enough to tell the truth, then you can be one under the discipline of Jesus. That's how you can be in God's training school for producing immortal beings in His image and likeness.

Last edited by JamesMRohde; 06-22-2009 at 07:56 PM..

Old 06-22-2009, 07:56 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,505,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I provided the evidence that indeed some people.. in fact people who are well known.. think that giving gays equal rights.. will lead to people having sex with ducks.
I`m not defending pat robertson by any means, but He was making that sarcastic statement in jest..an exaggerated statement to make a point...good grief

Old 06-22-2009, 08:06 PM

71 posts, read 112,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
I choose to be hetero because I like men. If I wanted to, I could be gay. That's my choice, clearly. It doesn't mean that I will be happy or be satisfied, but I can very easily make that choice if need be. I suggest studying/reading up on the bible.
Havent read the whole topic beside the first 3 pages but this is what i to say on the topic of homosexuality.

Having sex with a guy does not make you Gay. It is not a choice to be gay or not. You can perform Gay acts, but you are still straight, you will always feel more attracted to women then men.

Being ATTRACTED TO MEN makes you gay. For the same way heterosexual guys are attracted to women, are the same way homosexual guys are attracted to men. They can't help it.

Hope that makes sense

Old 06-22-2009, 08:42 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,406,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
Havent read the whole topic beside the first 3 pages but this is what i to say on the topic of homosexuality.

Having sex with a guy does not make you Gay. It is not a choice to be gay or not. You can perform Gay acts, but you are still straight, you will always feel more attracted to women then men.

Being ATTRACTED TO MEN makes you gay. For the same way heterosexual guys are attracted to women, are the same way homosexual guys are attracted to men. They can't help it.

Hope that makes sense
That is a sensible answer that should make sense to most. I get what you are saying. I guess the same could be said for me. Not that I'd have sex with another woman as I am in a sexually satisfying marriage.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:33 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,198,452 times
I would sure like to know why Christians obsess about this particular sin and ignore the others....Perhaps some sexual therapy would be warranted for some of you.

The seven deadly sins are lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride.....I don't see homosexuality mentioned specifically but, I'm also not seeing the outrage by Christians regarding the other six sins that I see about lust....What's up with that? I have seen all of these "sins" in Christians, particularly pride but they never seem to be topics discussed here.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:44 PM

491 posts, read 926,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICN2U View Post
based on your post.......

God does not make mistakes,nor does he contradict Himself.......

He Did not create you..... to be born gay... and say "o well"

this is a cop out

own up to your own desires
Yes, I'll gladly own up to the "desires" that God gave me. Just like the "desires" God gave you.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrow View Post
You should not care so much about what other's think and try to justify your choice by bringing God into it. Accept the fact that some people will never embrace your choice...do you really need those folks in your life?

I overeat and am fat...do you care?
I never made a choice.

You choose to overeat and become fat. That is your choice. And since you asked, yes, I do care.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeapostle View Post
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; MALE and FEMALE created he them (Gen.1:27)

And he answered and said unto them, HAVE YE NOT READ, that he which made them at the beginning made them MALE and FEMALE (Gen.19:4).

HAVE YE NOT READ?
Have ye not answered the original question?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,484,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I would sure like to know why Christians obsess about this particular sin and ignore the others....Perhaps some sexual therapy would be warranted for some of you.

The seven deadly sins are lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride.....I don't see homosexuality mentioned specifically but, I'm also not seeing the outrage by Christians regarding the other six sins that I see about lust....What's up with that? I have seen all of these "sins" in Christians, particularly pride but they never seem to be topics discussed here.
Did Jesus ever mention homosexuality directly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.