Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:01 PM

23,030 posts, read 34,452,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Twin Spin...I really enjoy reading your posts.
So do I!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 08:03 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,469,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
So do I!!
Me 2!!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:37 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,017,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Me 2!!!!
I think they suck ignorance like a black hole in space in which nothing escapes the blackness. And you know, birds of a feather flock together!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:01 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,017,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
But you guy's base "all means all" ..........You crack me up
twin.spin, what you wrote does not make any sense and is not even a complete sentence.

Let me fill it in for you since you need some help:
You guy's think that "all" always means "all.'"

And that is not the truth. We have gone to great lengths to prove that "all" is always the "all" of the context. The problem with YOU GUY'S is you take the "alls" which are used in a figurative, hyperbolic sense and import that sense into the verses where "all" is used in an all inclusive, non figurative, literal sense.
Quote:
never means never..."will never share in the inheritance with the free woman's son"

That is correct that Ishmael will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER share in the inheritance of Isaac.
Quote:
The slave son represents those who are trying to be justified by the law...thus the "Mount Sinai in Arabia" ref, that was were the law was given.
I agree. Paul was trying to show the Galatians that they can't mix law with grace. They are incompatible.
Quote:
Romans 4:13
It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith.

Romans 4:14,15
For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression.

What UR is offering to the slave is a faith with no value and no promise. The slave (those who attempt justification by observing the law) will never inherit (be the heir) eternal life. Never means never.....unbelief is an eternal sin.

That is just not true. What the law could not do in making Israel righteous Christ did. Christ put the old humanity to death in His death. And since Christ ransomed Ishmael and all slaves, Ishmael and all slaves must be freed from slavery of corruption into the glorious freedom of the children of God (Romans 8).
Paul was not saying that Ishmael will never inherit eternal life. Paul was saying Ishmael will not inherit Jacobs allotment in the land of Israel as a co-sharer in that allotment.

Sarah said to Abraham:
Gal 4:30 But what is the scripture saying? Cast out this maid and her son, for by no means shall the son of the maid be enjoying the allotment with the son of the free woman."

Saray was not saying Ishmael will never be saved! Good googly moogly! Where do you come up with this stuff? You are as bad as those ETers who say "all" never means "all."

Quote:
Galatians 2:16
"know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified."

Offering UR to the slave is "diabolical reality" "because by observing the law no one will be justified"

No one will be justified...

No one....never means never
Your translation of Galatians 2:16 sucks bad.

Here it is properly translated:
Gal 2:16 having perceived that a man is not being justified by works of law, except alone through the faith of Christ Jesus, we also believe in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by works of law, seeing that by works of law shall no flesh at all be justified."

The phrase "faith of Christ Jesus" is in the genitive case showing posession by Christ Jesus. Like "God's Son" is genitive and can be written "Son of God." Thus "faith of Christ Jesus" should not be construed to mean "our faith in Christ Jesus" as your Satanic bible has it.

ETers offering to the slave no hope is a Satanic diabolical lie. Why? Because Christ ransomed all, and that "all" happens to be "all mankind" and that "all mankind" is the same "all mankind" we are to pray for and that same "all mankind" is the same "all mankind" which death entered into in Romans 5:12 which is the same "all mankind" which will be justified and made righteous (Romans 5:18,19).

Old 03-04-2010, 06:15 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,570,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
This is the fundamentalist christian
So is there here belief in evolution?

Quote:
God doesn't save you, he only offers your an opportunity to save yourself.
God doesn't force you to do what you don't want to do, no. He's paid for your ticket, but you don't have to climb on board if you really insist on staying behind. Down to you.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:17 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
So is there here belief in evolution?

God doesn't force you to do what you don't want to do, no. He's paid for your ticket, but you don't have to climb on board if you really insist on staying behind. Down to you.
I'll remember that when I see you drowning.. I will ask you to save yourself by getting in the boat and then if you don't I will turn my head and leave you there.. even if it is because you haven't the strength to climb in the boat on your own... after all salvation is (according to you) simply providing the means to be saved not actually doing the saving.

Last edited by katjonjj; 03-04-2010 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-04-2010, 01:06 PM

64,025 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I'll remember that when I see you drowning.. I will ask you to save yourself by getting in the boat and then if you don't I will turn my head and leave you there.. even if it is because you haven't the strength to climb in the boat on your own... after all salvation is (according to you) simply providing the means to be saved not actually doing the saving.

Well said, kat.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I'll remember that when I see you drowning.. I will ask you to save yourself by getting in the boat
Boat? It's a train. Anyone can get in. In fact, because Jesus draws everyone to him, it's more matter of getting out.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:40 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
Boat? It's a train. Anyone can get in. In fact, because Jesus draws everyone to him, it's more matter of getting out.

So ALL are saved and get on the train initially but, then they get off of their own accord? Then they are not saved? So Jesus actually saves them but then stops the train to let them off if they refuse him? How does that work?

I think my analogy was spot on.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:

So ALL are saved and get on the train initially but, then they get off of their own accord? Then they are not saved? So Jesus actually saves them but then stops the train to let them off if they refuse him? How does that work?

I think my analogy was spot on.
Suit yourself! It's very difficult getting into a boat, especially when your clothes are soaked. But faith is not effort- it's effortless, it's inevitable. It's what everyone has when they hear the gospel. But it does not last, with most of us, because we want heaven, but are not prepared to give up our autonomy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity