Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2016, 05:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post

i liked the "inclusive" line, though, very nice, nate.
I totally stole that from my Episcopal priest when I attended a congregation. It was an epiphany for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2016, 06:02 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, having been sent to them before, He prepared me. He said what I stated adding, that they knew Him as the G-d of the creation/earth, but Christians knew Him as the G-d of heaven. However, He is G-d of heaven AND earth. And since He lowered Himself into His creation, then the Spirit is in the creation. He meets us where we are at, and their hearts were pure in wanting to receive from Him and worship Him, and since He honors faith, well there, you have it.

Did I burst your "fundy" calling bubble for you there, or no? Peace
My question was,is there life outside of the bible ?, yes or no would suffice anything else would be you defenfing 31 years of believing you have alwZys been right
It was 32 years ago as a very young man that I first believed, I have been through everything you could imagine, but, I will still retain that Christ NOT the bible has always been my strength, refugee hope and deliverer.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:44 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
I asked about this in a bible study once- what about the people who don't know about jesus? The answer was vague, like 'well that's why we have to tell them'
And I thought you had to have faith in Jesus to go heaven- John 14:6 'I am the way, the truth and the light. Nobody comes to the father except through me.'

So, what about the people who don't know, or babies that die before being baptized and such?

Anyone know this, with scripture to back it up?
If you could look at anything beyond the Bible as being scripture, I could. I'll just put it like this, though: God has said that faith in Jesus Christ is essential for salvation. And it goes without saying that you can't have faith in someone you've never heard of. I believe with all my heart that God's Plan of Salvation for all mankind will provide every soul who has ever lived with that opportunity. He wouldn't be a just and loving and merciful Father in Heaven if this were not the case. And He definitely is a just and loving and merciful Father. You may have to step out of your safe place to explore this possibility, but it's there for the asking.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Indians already knew him as the Great Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Finally, something we agree on. Yes they did.
They knew His Spirit, they just didn't know His name. Peace
The Spirit of life dwells within all living things.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:13 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,287 times
Ha, the Unknown God has many Names, does He not?

Old 11-07-2016, 04:16 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Ha, the Unknown God has many Names, does He not?
The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) only applies to the God of the Bible.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:20 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The Spirit of life dwells within all living things.
Yes, all 'living' things. The spark/spirit of life dies out with death, just as a blown-out light bulb has No spark left.
When Adam broke God's Law he unplugged himself from the Source of Life and returned to dust - Genesis 3:19

Old 11-07-2016, 04:26 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,369,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Who says He has, outside of the Gospels?
Uhhhh, the Mormons?

This is what their second book is about, Jesus appearing to the ppl in Utah.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:43 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,639,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
The Tetragrammaton (YHWH) only applies to the God of the Bible.
Um, i guess maybe i'm not quite getting you here. So, those other Gods, Adonai, Allah, Unknown God, you think they are different Gods? Or different faces of One God? I have not interacted with you enough to know quite where you are coming from, Matthew 4:4. I guess you are saying that there are many Gods, and YHWH is the Bible God? Like that? I'm curious then--if that is the case, i don't know--why Jonah seemed to attach the same God to the "Unknown God" of the Ninevites? In case that is not clear, what i am asking is, is the Unknown God YHWH, too. Or would you think it is improper for the Ninevites to use YHWH? If you have any insight there, ty.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:15 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Uhhhh, the Mormons?

This is what their second book is about, Jesus appearing to the ppl in Utah.
OMG! That's a good one, bulma! Yeah, it was at the University of Utah homecoming game where they played BYU. He said, "Go Utes!" And it came to pass, that Utah defeated BYU!

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-07-2016 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity