Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2016, 10:32 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
with man's knowledge (or lack of it )of God's truth we can't even define life and death , when it starts or when it ends . certainly not from his perspective and you want me to tell you the secrets of it ? sorry not happening.

I mean the dead are resurrected and the resurrected can still be dead and not of the book of life and not of the living . and where consciousness fits in all that who can guess !!!
all we know for sure is consciousness and this from of
independence or sovereignty from Him isn't in anyway " life" but some form of shadows or mud and dirt and spit of it .
so that would be be my best guess for now .

WE are not left in total ignorance, every year the children of God find out where they stand on Rosh Hashanah as they are marked every year on Rosh Hashanah in their foreheads as a memorial between them and God against the judgment of Yom Kippur. Every year the thrones are set in place and the books are opened where if you have the seal of God in your forehead and upon your right arm, you have received this mark BECAUSE of the promise of God that if you keep his Sabbaths and his feasts and the law is always on your lips, then he will seal your forehead and inscribe your name in the book of life. If you have not obtained the seal of protection in your forehead, it means that you have rejected the ways of God in his Sabbaths and his feasts and you call his commandments a strange thing while you seek to rationalize them so they no longer matter. People like that are the man of sin who stand against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped.

If you haven't obtained the seal and memorial of God in your forehead, then there is ZERO CHANCE of your name being inscribed in the lamb's book of life but that doesn't mean you are not saved.

Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven, and so that we would have some clue about what heaven is, we are given the design of the Temple and the comings and goings of the priests as they officiate the holy days of Christ.

Christians ONLY ASSUME that they could come up boldly to the throne JUST BECAUSE they say,'' Jesus, Jesus,'' but Jesus tells us all about the lawbreakers and the people who despise his laws and worship system.

''DEPART from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you.''

These people taught the name of Jesus in the streets and even did miracles in his name and yet, they did not know the Lord because they chose not to know the Lord.

I see all these preachers preaching like Joel Osteen and Kenneth Copeland and they are so far away from knowing the Lord that it's ridiculous they are allowed to teach at all. They don't know anything about the religion of Christ, you tell them,'' Shemini Atzeret,'' and they are clueless, never even heard the word when in fact, they should teach on it EVERY week.

Just people who put on clothing to deceive, not knowing the word, and even despising the laws of God, all about money.

Christ's Eternal Priesthood
…4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests to offer gifts according to the Law. 5They serve at a copy and shadow of the heavenly sanctuary. That is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle, “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.” 6Now, however, Jesus has received a far superior ministry, just as the covenant He mediates is superior and is founded on better promises.…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 10:46 AM

566 posts, read 503,543 times
Me dear learned fellow, Jesus wuz not aware of America's Indians, nor the Aborigines, nor of the Eskimos, nor of the Maya, Inca, Aztec, nor of any other tribes anywhere besides the Middle-East.
Why?
Becuz Columbus would not "discover" the Americas for 1400 more years. Thus, for all Jesus knew the world iz flat, the universe was created by a God in 6 days, and all humans are descendants from Adam&Eve.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:04 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,870 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWVEQbyOJQ
what a wonderful start to their healing and the renewal of their nations and families. thank you LORD!

Old 11-02-2016, 04:04 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWVEQbyOJQ
what a wonderful start to their healing and the renewal of their nations and families. thank you LORD!
wow. what a bunch of hopeless heathens, huh. better stamp that out quick. i'm surprised they didn't get drone bombed. think i'll send them some more money.

Old 11-03-2016, 12:33 PM

258 posts, read 234,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Maybe because He lived His whole 33 years in the Middle East and there were no Indians there?

But, He did leave His record and testimony, as reported by numerous eye-witnesses, which has covered the world, including Native American's. It's called "The New Testament." It's timeless and for all people in all times. Christianity is the dominant religion among American Indians, so it must have been sufficient to meet their needs, don't you think?

And, no, they didn't go to hell any more than does anyone else who ever died without hearing the Word.
I asked about this in a bible study once- what about the people who don't know about jesus? The answer was vague, like 'well that's why we have to tell them'
And I thought you had to have faith in Jesus to go heaven- John 14:6 'I am the way, the truth and the light. Nobody comes to the father except through me.'

So, what about the people who don't know, or babies that die before being baptized and such?

Anyone know this, with scripture to back it up?

Old 11-03-2016, 02:00 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,637,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post
I asked about this in a bible study once- what about the people who don't know about jesus? The answer was vague, like 'well that's why we have to tell them'
And I thought you had to have faith in Jesus to go heaven- John 14:6 'I am the way, the truth and the light. Nobody comes to the father except through me.'

So, what about the people who don't know, or babies that die before being baptized and such?

sure, ok, i'll give that a shot, but if you would first just restate the question, since if you notice it is incomplete there; iow please include what it is the people don't know in your question, instead of inferring it from the statements above ty

Old 11-03-2016, 03:29 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,914,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny74 View Post

You should not be left hanging. Perhaps Romans 2 will help: 13for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

May I suggest that you look at the verse you quoted as INclusive rather than EXclusive, i.e. those who come to the Father HAVE come through the Way Jesus embodied.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:11 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You should not be left hanging. Perhaps Romans 2 will help: 13for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. 14For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

May I suggest that you look at the verse you quoted as INclusive rather than EXclusive, i.e. those who come to the Father HAVE come through the Way Jesus embodied.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:27 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,333,368 times
The Bible is a record of the Jewish People. It is not the only record. Another record did come from the people that lived here in the American Continent that talked about Jesus Christ visiting them here after he was resurrected. In the Bible Jesus tells his Disciples that he has other Sheep that are not of this fold, or the fold or people of Israel. They took it to believe he meant the Gentiles. But that was not the case. The Gentiles were to be taught from the twelve Disciples.

The Book of Mormon is the record of the people that lived here from around 600 years before Christ until 400 or so years after Christ lived on the Earth. In the book it tells of Jesus visiting the people here in the American Continent. Jesus also tells the people that he also visited other people that were in other parts of the world.

For those that have died and never heard about the Savior a way has been set up for them to also come to know Jesus as their savior. After this life those that have a need to be taught will be taught about the Savior and have the opportunity to accept Him as their Savior.

Old 11-06-2016, 02:12 PM

258 posts, read 234,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Thank you for this! I will refer to this often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity