Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 04:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,310,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

I thought googling was a fair assumption since you couldn't spell it.
Uh, huh.

Fair warning....there are several Native Americans on this board. I recommend keeping that in mind if you plan on making any more posts about Indian spirituality. They are all well-versed in the history and culture of their people and none are adverse to correcting errors/misconception/or fairy tale beliefs about NA's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 04:48 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,031,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Uh, huh.
Fair warning....there are several Native Americans on this board. I recommend keeping that in mind if you plan on making any more posts about Indian spirituality. They are all well-versed in the history and culture of their people and none are adverse to correcting errors/misconception/or fairy tale beliefs about NA's.
Right, and many Navajo Indians are well-versed in Scripture because they have Scripture in their own mother tongue, or native language.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Right, and many Navajo Indians are well-versed in Scripture because they have Scripture in their own mother tongue, or native language.
Indeed they do.

Those well-meaning but spiritual-plague-bearing missionaries made sure your holy book was translated into every possible language -- for heathen-saving around the world.

I mean, killing.

Old 05-24-2016, 05:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,081,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Uh, huh.

Though predominantly French, I have NA blood in me as well from the New France area, now Quebec, and spent several over a month among some NA. I didn't say anything except to refer to a book I read. But thanks for the warning, anyway....Peace

Old 05-26-2016, 12:57 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,339,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Though predominantly French, I have NA blood in me as well from the New France area, now Quebec, and spent several over a month among some NA. I didn't say anything except to refer to a book I read. But thanks for the warning, anyway....Peace
Can you source this interesting tidbit with actual records? How touching you interacted with a group of oppressed and marginalized people and taught them how the great white god can provide more oppression if they reject that god.

Is there an equivalent to the DAWES ROLL that the great government organized to make monitoring and tracking indigeneous people so that future acts of genocide could be carried out easier?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,081,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Can you source this interesting tidbit with actual records? How touching you interacted with a group of oppressed and marginalized people and taught them how the great white god can provide more oppression if they reject that god.

Is there an equivalent to the DAWES ROLL that the great government organized to make monitoring and tracking indigeneous people so that future acts of genocide could be carried out easier?

You have no idea why I was there, but that doesn't stop you from your assuming and hate-spewing anti-Christian rhetoric, does it? That's one thing I like about you....you're consistent.

And my genealogy is really none of your business unless I choose to make it so, and I tend to only share personal things with friends, of which you are not. It was a casual comment, and even THAT, you want to duel with swords at dawn over. Pitiful. Peace

Old 05-28-2016, 11:24 AM

23,302 posts, read 10,611,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinguy2009 View Post
Why didn't Jesus (or the Jewish God for that matter) reveal himself to the Indians - or to other indigenous peoples in Australia, Africa, Asia?

Did the Indians that died before white people came all go to Hell?
Israel has recognized the Cherokee Indians as many Indian traditions have much in common with Jewish traditions. They also found Jewish writing amongst ancient Indians and the idea is that around the time of Moses many Hebrews went into North America. Of course if a Cherokee wants to become a Jew, he can if he goes through the red tape.

People who never heard of Jesus is a good question, '' what happens to people who never heard of Jesus?''

I have no doubt that people don't go to hell because they never heard of Jesus. It is said that the Lord has written the law on the hearts of men and maybe this is what judges them. Maybe they know right from wrong and when they go against what is written on their heart, they are transgression their own laws.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:26 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,216,959 times
Mormons believe he did talk to Indians ( Native Americans)

Old 05-28-2016, 11:31 AM

23,302 posts, read 10,611,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
Mormons believe he did talk to Indians ( Native Americans)

I have always believed in a tribal heart, that God is looking for people of faith who have a heart of passion in seeking spiritual things like Indians and smoke. Jews and the smoke, there is something in the smoke. A priest would light the incense and pray as the smoke arose, and if he should ask a question, well then the smoke will answer him.

I think at the end of the day, passion rules, maybe even if a person is misguided in some way, I think passion means everything and this is to have a tribal heart.

Paul said of a Pagan God, '' Look, these are tutors to bring you to God.''

Old 05-28-2016, 11:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,480,178 times
The Spirit of life has no particular form, it dwells within all living things.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity