Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 04:43 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,647,490 times

Advertisements

coughcoughbscough...

i mean, you are kidding right? Christ is (not was, btw, but one hairball at a time) "Not advocating pacifism nor denying self defence," but just only allowed the mob to crucify Him because...? Because why. Do you really need me to go drag up the obvious verses that trash your theory all to heck, there, Matthew 4:4?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 05:00 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,031,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
coughcoughbscough...
i mean, you are kidding right? Christ is (not was, btw, but one hairball at a time) "Not advocating pacifism nor denying self defence," but just only allowed the mob to crucify Him because...? Because why. Do you really need me to go drag up the obvious verses that trash your theory all to heck, there, Matthew 4:4?
'Allowed' himself so that Jesus would be a ransom for us - Matthew 20:28
Jesus could have walked away at any time.

Under the Constitution of the Mosaic Law ' eye for eye ' was Not to retaliate but to compensate - Exodus 21:26
If you stole a sheep you were to replace/compensate for the sheep, etc.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:13 PM

Pick up your cross and follow Me

sure seems to take a beating with your view though, doesn't It?

and ps, you are quite graceful, Matthew 4:4, and you deserve a better inquisitor than me.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:07 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,752,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Under the Constitution of the old Mosaic Law an 'eye for an eye' did Not mean revenge but stood for equal justice. Today a victim often is Not compensated as they should be whereas under the Law he was.

In the matter of regarding insults, Jesus mentioned an eye for an eye at Matthew 5:38-39.
Jesus was Not advocating pacifism nor denying self defence, but teaching that Christians do not have to pay back blow for blow as in retaliating in vengeance.
true but I was speaking of an older law called
' the blood laws' it has to do with those bull kings who are our ancestors here and in most of the Americas where a clan man revenged the murdered of someone in his female family / clan . those laws literally was an eye for an eye. that is what is owed to bring about justice or balance as in weights and measures and spiritually someway . it is still owed ..

but then the mosaic law a person can pay back the debt ( up to x 4 ) created by sin ..and give the life of an animal to pay God for the sin or animals for what they still owed to someone else ..for their "sins"/ trespasses against anyone else they had debts tp pay . right ? they still owed a debt but the sheep and extra sheep pays the debts in the immediate .... it was still owed and God asks that he is allowed to pay what is owed in any other ways by giving you blessings of your crops and fields right ? but extracts a sheep from the sinner for the levite who mediates it .
now the new law in Jesus asks us to forgive the person. illuminating the levite for now ... why .. maybe because he wants to be the clan redeemer in his coming time /age and do that his way. but if you trespass anyone in anyway a debit is still owed . only He says he will pay you back all you are owed x 100 and that doesn't remove the other persons debt to him ... it is only that he will choose to forgive them or extract the debt from them later and it then becomes not about you and them but you look to him and from him . not to them.
God is lawful and has been for a very long time ,

men are not so much .
but sin causes debt from those trespasses .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-09-2016 at 06:31 PM..

Old 11-09-2016, 09:15 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Some Christians sound like alien abductees.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
didn't read it did you . cowardly?

Old 11-09-2016, 09:55 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,312,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
didn't read it did you . cowardly?

Old 11-10-2016, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
My theory is, see, that if you get hold of someone early enough, or maybe if they're scared enough, of whatever, just scared, fearful types, tending toward silent hysteria, you know, glued to the news, and moved by it, the veil gets really heavy, like cemented in, and when someone, some guy in a tie, successful, you know, comes along, with a confident smile and a contract he signed for Jesus, this guy (6), and his contract, 501 (6), c3 (6), well, they just appear like...i dunno, an angel of light or something, and scared people just reach out and grab that anchor with all their might, and shut their eyes tight, so tight they can't even read, the Book that has become their god, because they got the word, and are now assured, done looking, done seeking, they have found the Promland, had one swear that to me today, they have followed the pointed finger to the mansion in the sky, somewhen, and they believe it, and they don't doubt the Book for a second, because they can't read It to see that they are in There, being described right in There, the ones that ate and drank in His Presence, the workers of iniquity, right there in plain English, μισθός ἀδικίας , depriving another of what is his now, Babbeling crap they have no Witness for, and pointing fingers at Atheists, and God.

love how Greek got put right next to "plain English" there, priceless, lol. wish i could take the credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazeep View Post
26Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

Last edited by bbyrd009; 11-10-2016 at 12:22 AM..

Old 11-10-2016, 12:05 AM

7,641 posts, read 5,150,867 times
He was limited to the middle eastern area and southern europe. Back then travel was complicated and time consuming. People in Jesus area were not even aware that north america existed and once Jesus was a man he lost his omnicence he had all our same limitions but he did know of those who were far off and that even though he could not travel that far that they would be saved based on their consious. People know deep down whats evil and that something had to create all this.

Old 11-10-2016, 11:24 AM

you all limit Jesus to his spit and dirt " body" that has nothing to do with him as "God" speaking to men everywhere . no I do not believe Jesus came to America in a fallen body form , that doesn't mean he didn't come here and that he still does come here directly or by his messengers that we could never know it wasn't him... a messenger isn't the message and the message is from the one who sent it , thus the message is Them. but I know that surely some of the first few generations of his disciples got here ( bat creek stone) the new world was once a freeway and even considered like a 'heaven' in ancient time before the event science is incapable of explaining and the reason north america has moon dirt from one side of it to the other side of it.. they are incapable of explaining it .. it really has always been a freeway for boats .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity