Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2009, 04:52 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,381,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There is no contradiction in the word of God in the original langauges. God is not the author of confusion.
Let's be honest now, I too love and study the Holy Bible but I'm also aware that its books contain contradictory statements, especially if you take it literally regardless of context and don't rely on fancy intellectual interpretations to reconcile what the authors wrote.

For example the following and about 936,000 links at the Google search below.

God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." John 1:18

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." Exodus 33:20

"Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." 1 Timothy 6:16

God CAN be seen:

"And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:23

"And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend." Exodus 33:11

"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS315&q=bible+contradictions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Jesus was simply saying to the woman in John 4:22 that the Messiah came into the world as a Jew. The reason God created the Jewish race was for the purpose of being the custodians of the word of God and they were to evangelize the nations. (Gentiles)
But John 4:22 plainly states word for word "salvation is of the Jews." Your position is that there is no interpretation of scripture required, that there is only ONE way to understand it. And yet you explain away "salvation is of the Jews" with an interpretation, as always, your own.

This is a serious question, I'm trying to understand what motivates you to write as you do. Do you think of yourself as a prophet of God with authority and knowledge to interpret scripture on behalf of others?

Old 09-22-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Jesus Christ is the only person at the moment who has a resurrected body.
"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many." Matthew 27: 52-53

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/matt/27/52-53#52

Old 09-22-2009, 05:23 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,510,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
this guy is so entrenched in the traditons of Churchianity and the traditions of men who have taught him that he is blinded to clear and concise scripture when confronted with it. I take my hat off to you spm and maybe he'll open his eyes and see some truth.
Yes, obviously he has become so indoctrinated with man`s teachings that he ignores plain scripture. But , I`ve been there. I know what it is like to follow the church and their religion. But, I post for those who have been confused by the church and can see how their teachings contradict plain scripture. By posting scripture next to his churchology and showing the obvious contradictions, perhaps others can get a better understanding of the truth.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,678,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Let's be honest now, I too love and study the Holy Bible but I'm also aware that its books contain contradictory statements, especially if you take it literally regardless of context and don't rely on fancy intellectual interpretations to reconcile what the authors wrote.

For example the following and about 936,000 links at the Google search below.

God CANNOT be seen:

"No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." John 1:18
...A statement of fact, God CANNOT be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live." Exodus 33:20
...A statement of fact...no man can see God and live.

Quote:
"Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." 1 Timothy 6:16
...A statement of fact.

Quote:
God CAN be seen
Quote:
"And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." Exodus 33:23
...God still cannot be seen...still true that God can not be seen.

Quote:
"And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend." Exodus 33:11
...The "Lord" is Jesus, not God the Father. God's Word does not contradict Himself, therefore if this "Lord" can be seen face to face by Moses...THEN IT IS NOT GOD"S FACE...because God said His face cannot be seen.

Quote:
"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." Genesis 32:30
Jacob saw the face of Jesus, who has the title God as well as God our Father..."God" is a title...as "Lord" is a title...not Who they are...and if Jacob saw "God" face to face, then he saw Jesus face to face, because God the Father said that NO ONE CAN SEE HIM AND LIVE.

Stop trying to turn God's truth into a lie...read and understand His Word as He means it to be understood!...stop calling Him a liar!

God have mercy!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:29 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Stop trying to turn God's truth into a lie...read and understand His Word as He means it to be understood!...stop calling Him a liar!

God have mercy!
Exactly Verna.

He says "I too love and study the Holy Bible but I'm also aware that its books contain contradictory statements" but in the same breath speaks of the distain toward the Bible.

You bet, sure does to loves studing Holy Bible.....loves to find whats wrong with it.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Wow, Mike didn't know you were so learned and wise. Guess that leaves me out...
Yes, it does......unfortunatly.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Will not SEE life.. not Will not HAVE life. .
Maybe the voice of Verna is all that needs to be said:

"Stop trying to turn God's truth into a lie...read and understand His Word as He means it to be understood!...stop calling Him a liar!"

Old 09-22-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...A statement of fact, God CANNOT be seen. ..A statement of fact...no man can see God and live. '..A statement of fact.

...God still cannot be seen...still true that God can not be seen. ...The "Lord" is Jesus, not God the Father. God's Word does not contradict Himself, therefore if this "Lord" can be seen face to face by Moses...THEN IT IS NOT GOD"S FACE...because God said His face cannot be seen.

Jacob saw the face of Jesus, who has the title God as well as God our Father..."God" is a title...as "Lord" is a title...not Who they are...and if Jacob saw "God" face to face, then he saw Jesus face to face, because God the Father said that NO ONE CAN SEE HIM AND LIVE.

Stop trying to turn God's truth into a lie...read and understand His Word as He means it to be understood!...
It's interesting that the scriptures that clearly support your own belief are the ones you declare "fact" and the scriptures that clearly do not support your own belief are the ones you interpret so that they fit in better.

You're certainly not alone in doing that, I'm probably quite guilty as well!

Those who are prepared to open their eyes and ears can learn many new things in this dispensation of the fulness of times. For example, that God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared in glory together, standing in the air, to their chosen prophet of the restoration in modern times. And that the resurrected Jesus appeared many other times, as did prophet leaders such as Elijah, Elias, Moses, Peter, James, John, John the Baptist etc.

But you won't find those accounts in the Bible, that's an ancient history of God's dealings with man, not a modern one. How about those two prophets who have yet to appear in Jerusalem who will hold off the forces at Armageddon for 3 1/2 years? Will their story appear in the bible? If not, is that prophecy not true then? Why would an unchanging loving God cease to speak to His children on earth in our time as He did anciently?

"And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth..." Revelation Chapter 11

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/rev/11/3#3

Why is the appearance of angels in the Old Testament less satisfying or more threatening than the appearance of an angel in upstate New York in the early part of the 19th century or today? The miracles of the Old Testament should not have been startling to people in the time of the New Testament, and New Testament miracles should not be foreign to us today....

Last edited by justamere10; 09-22-2009 at 08:08 PM..

Old 09-22-2009, 07:58 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,510,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Maybe the voice of Verna is all that needs to be said:

"Stop trying to turn God's truth into a lie...read and understand His Word as He means it to be understood!...stop calling Him a liar!"
C`mon twin...good grief!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity