Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:07 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed. This universalism aka 'one world religion' which promises every sinner, Muslim, Buddhist and atheist an automatic salvation is another masterpiece of Satan. All we can do is pray that it will be exposed as a false religion before too many are deceived and end up in hell because of it. Satan will want nothing more than deceive people into thinking they do not need Christ to be saved, because they are automatically saved.

Circle the wagons brothers and sisters, Christianity is under attack.
Yes it most certainly is. Universalism will be the one world religion and their voices and lies keep getting louder. The word "christianity" will no longer apply to Christians, but they will and they are using it to describe themselves. Quite the satanic deception.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 AM

2,526 posts, read 2,936,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It appears Mike is on a crusade of great lengths to prove UR is not of God , reminds me of a man who wrote many of the epistles in the New Testament .
Something must be rattling you Mike to have so many threads on the go . Could it be the truth ?.
This is often the case when the flesh is confronted by the Spirit. It happened to Saul too on the way to Damascus while breathing threats against God and His Christ. May happen here also, we'll just have to wait and see I guess...LOL.

Surprisingly, Saul was subdued in short order after many years of stubborn unbelief and much blasphemy. According to the unbelievers here on this thread, Saul should have never come to life...LOL Never, as they so succinctly put it, while quoting John 3:18 and 3:36.

Perhaps we're contending with a more rebellious flesh, perhaps a rebirth of the Syrians from 1Kings 20:28? We know not. What we do know is that when God applies His heavenly torch even the most soiled of flesh will melt...LOL It will happen, it's just a matter of time:

1Ti 2:4 who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;
1Ti 2:5 for one is God, one also is mediator of God and of men, the man Christ Jesus,
1Ti 2:6 who did give himself a ransom for all--the testimony in its own times--

Praise God for it!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:12 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Yes it most certainly is. Universalism will be the one world religion and their voices and lies keep getting louder. The word "christianity" will no longer apply to Christians, but they will and they are using it to describe themselves. Quite the satanic deception.
Yes it most certainly is. Christendumb will be the one world religion and their voices and lies keep getting louder. The word "christianity" will no longer apply to Christians, but they will and they are using it to describe themselves. Quite the satanic deception.[/

Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Those verses seem more like an identifying statement...as if one were asking "who will be saved" or "who is a true believer"...Like in Romans when Paul speaks of Predestination some bibles translate it as "according to His Forknowledge" which is ambiguous...Is he talking about of an event, an action or a person?....but the actual Greek states "because of whom He foreknew"...So with "whom" he is talking about knowledge of a person not an event or action...
Finally, someone who has read the scriptures. I commend you!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yes it most certainly is. Christendumb will be the one world religion and their voices and lies keep getting louder. The word "christianity" will no longer apply to Christians, but they will and they are using it to describe themselves. Quite the satanic deception.[/
What's the matter with you Eusebius?? This is so childish. How dare you mock Christianity by calling it "christendumb".....I fear for you. All I can do is to pray for you that you will see how deeply you have been deceived before it's too late.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
The word especially mean "more so", not "only" ... How is God the savior of believers "more so" than of those that do not believe? Because he has chosen those of us that believe and he has elected us to know him and have life now in the ages through the faith he has given us in his son. He is "more so" the savior of believers because we will reign with him a thousand years as his bride and body in the world.

If i said ... "I like all ice cream, especially chocolate ice cream" ... What would you think that i meant by it? That i only liked chocolate ice cream?
particularly: to a distinctly greater extent or degree than is common; "he was particularly fussy about spelling"; "a particularly gruesome attack ...
specially: in a special manner; "a specially arranged dinner"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
to emphasize on one person, thing or situation more than the others
quizlet.com/print/680922/

Old 02-09-2010, 09:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,019,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Jesus Christ IS God. And it is stressed throughout the Bible that it is faith specificallly in Jesus Christ (The Messiah) that saves. Faith in God the Father or in God the Holy Spirit does not save anyone. The requirement is to believe in Christ.

Universalists conveniently ignore verses such as John 3:16, John 3:36, Acts 16:31, John 5:24, John 14:6, Acts 4:12. To the universalist it's like those passages don't exist.

The issue is clear, it is plain. It is stated repeatedly. Salvation is dependent on faith in Christ and apart from faith in Christ, no one is saved. And the opportunity for salvation is limited to the time between physical birth and physical death. After that, it is too late.

2 Corinthians 6:2 'For He says, ''At the acceptable time I listened to you, And on the day of salvation I helped you''; behold, now is ''The acceptable time, behold, now is ''the day of salvation.''

Hebrews 9:27 ''And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment.

Anyone reading this thread is urged in the strongest possible terms to not be deceived by these universalists. Universalism is a Satanic attempt to lull people into a false sense of security concerning eternal salvation. The Bible is explicit on the urgency, the necessity of placing your faith, your trust, your confidence, in Jesus Christ in order to be saved from the eternal lake of fire. It is Satan's desire to prevent whoever he may from understanding the absolute importance of believing in Christ for salvation. And therefore he has introduced into the world the heresy of universalism. And he has deceived many as can be seen by the universalists on this forum. And some of these are perhaps not merely themselves deceived, but possibly know that what they are saying is false, and are purposely attempting to deceive who they may. This then, makes them wolves in sheeps clothing.
I don't see anyone that believes being wolves in sheeps clothing delibrately deceiving...it is more like the wolves are those that see self gain in the ministry and therefore put on sheeps clothing in order to gain...However, they are not true believers...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Did all of you universalists catch what Mike said? - he said that the verse doesn't say what it says. He didn't even explain why the verse should be understood differently but rather used God's Word against God's Word.
This is normal for the flesh. And we should not be surprised by it. Until born of the Spirit, the mind behaves like a twisting serpent. But the Lord will subdue it:

Isa 27:1 In that day Jehovah shall visit the sea monster, the darting serpent, with His great and fierce and strong sword; even on the sea monster, the twisting serpent; and He shall slay the monster that is in the sea.

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 02-09-2010 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
What's the matter with you Eusebius?? This is so childish. How dare you mock Christianity by calling it "christendumb".....I fear for you. All I can do is to pray for you that you will see how deeply you have been deceived before it's too late.
You fear for those who believe in God that justifies the ungodly?...LOL

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

I would think you would be more fearful of those who do not believe God's declarations:

Heb 10:26 For we--wilfully sinning after the receiving the full knowledge of the truth--no more for sins doth there remain a sacrifice,
Heb 10:27 but a certain fearful looking for of judgment, and fiery zeal, about to devour the opposers;

Trust me, when this "fire" arrives, you'll know that it is Jehovah that justifies the ungodly...

Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
What's the matter with you Ilene?? This is so childish. How dare you mock Universalism by calling it "satanic deception".....I fear for you. All I can do is to pray for you that you will see how deeply you have been deceived before it's too late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity