Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Few is comparative to th history of man...unless one believes in reincarnation...
Yes. Relatively few. I have stated that elsewhere. Just not here.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Firstborn,

Does God want you to not sin?
Yes. That's why access to the tree of life was cut off.

"Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it".

Sin does live, but not eternally.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit.

More on this later.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:56 AM

The religions of man are all about individual preference and free will. That is the realm of understanding most people live in and I can accept that.

In the big picture there is a thing called "ultimate restoration" where all is brought back to be as it once was - before chaos, before darkness, before polarity (knowledge of good and evil). Perfect harmony and unity in all things.

"For dust you are and to dust you will return" is an example. "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return to God who gave it" is another example.

In the mean time various individuals will clamor about concerning eternal agony and other dark, unscriptural concepts.

If one suggests that God will force peace we are told "that isn't love" because it wasn't freely chosen.

Consider this though: Spiritually blind people do not see and choose a spiritual path for themselves, and how could they?

Do some here think Jesus polled thousands before getting the first 12 to agree to freely follow? No? Then he forced Himself on them? No? Well... how lucky can Jesus be? The first twelve He approached left all and followed. Were not all twelve sinners incapable of helping themselves?

Free will failed to produce results. That's why in the new covenant it is written:
Quote:
Therefore say to the house of Israel, "Thus says the Lord GOD: "I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name's sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD," says the Lord GOD, "when I am hallowed in you before their eyes. 24For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all countries, and bring you into your own land. 25Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. 28Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people, and I will be your God. 29I will deliver you from all your uncleannesses. I will call for the grain and multiply it, and bring no famine upon you. 30And I will multiply the fruit of your trees and the increase of your fields, so that you need never again bear the reproach of famine among the nations. 31Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations. 32Not for your sake do I do this," says the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel!"
So, as non-universalists will continue to credit their choices for salvation so they will continue to be blinded by the giddy notion that God will be denied His desire.

Some humility should come automatically with our non-God status, though obviously it doesn't.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:16 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
Yes. That's why access to the tree of life was cut off.

"Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it".

Sin does live, but not eternally.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit.

More on this later.
Access to the tree of life cut off? Those in Christ have that access now.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
You've shown nothing except your lack of knowledge of what the text is saying:

Let's look at the text:

Joh 3:16 for God did so love the world, that His Son--the only begotten--He gave, that every one who is believing in him may not perish, but may have life age-during.

This text is speaking of those born of the Spirit and who are in the present tense believing in Jesus.

Joh 3:36 he who is believing in the Son, hath life age-during; and he who is not believing the Son, shall not see life, but the wrath of God doth remain upon him.'

This tells us that those that are believing (present tense) are born of the Spirit and have life. Those that do not believe (present tense) are still in the flesh and shall not see life in that condition (or state of being). The flesh will never see life. And it cannot. For flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God:

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, `Verily, verily, I say to thee, If any one may not be born of water, and the Spirit, he is not able to enter into the reign of God;

1Co 15:50 And I say this, brothers, that flesh and blood is not able to inherit the kingdom of God, nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

Here is some previous garbage you posted in #6:
Consider this: Saul had not yet come to faith until after denying Christ and persecuting the Church. How is it that Paul, in due time, believed the Gospel, if as you say, the wrath of God abides on him forever. You've also claimed on other threads that such a one could never be saved.

So which is it? Is it forever? Is it never?, or is it simply remains as such until faith?

Your doctrines are so twisted and defiled you're unable to make sense of the truth. You continue to add your teachings of men to Christ's words. Believe in the Gospel.
You must ubderstand the concept of time, there is much in the Bible that speaks of things already completed and we just have to wait out human time...such as when Paul talks of "because of whom He forknew" that is all in the past tense as if it is already completed...

Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
Show your study here. Exegete the passages. Don't pass it off to me with the claim that I must learn it for myself. Show us that you have painstakingly labored to think God's thoughts after him.

Why aren't you willing to do that here? If you've already done it, simply copy and paste it here.
Most of what i see here is out of books written by others...it is not so much a self-study...

Old 02-10-2010, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Access to the tree of life cut off? Those in Christ have that access now.
Only through death. The wicked guy you were was not given access.

It's like a smart a$$ doctor once told me in the ER "Don't worry! All bleeding eventually stops!"

All sinners die (one way or another). 'Tis a universal blessing.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jremy, I have already done this very indepth study. I am not going to do your work for you. The best way for you to learn is to get in their and dig for your own self.

Just go through all the passages dealing with ransom and look at the full contextual setting.
Why would anyone have to do an indepth study on a word?...it is foolish...

Old 02-10-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
We've already had this discussion on another thread. You stated quite clearly that you do not believe that God justifies the impious (the ungodly). You've stated that only believers are justified. I'm here to say otherwise. I'm here to say that God declares righteous the impious. And He does so because Christ died for the impious on the cross. That is the Gospel. That is the good news.

And the reason you do not believe that God justifies the ungodly is because you do not believe the Gospel.
The verse you quoted is talking about believers....

Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
If we both share this faith, praise God for it!:

Rom 8:30 But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

And how did He justify us, the sinners? It was by one righteous act (not by many acts of faith, but rather a single one time event by Christ on the cross) toward all men:

Rom 5:18 So then, as through one deviation it was toward all men to condemnation, so also through one righteous act toward all men to justification of life.
He is talking about a specific group of people here, not all men, it does not say all men...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity