Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/12693946-post63.html

Just keep spreadin' that divine love around .....
You can count on it I would encourage you to pray for this.... it is addictive!

FYI: Absurd means illogical, bizarre, silly, ridiculous and that is what I was referring to that it is SILLY, Absurd & Rediculous to think that God is a Drama King!

On our path to God most tend to take 5 steps forward and 2 steps back... For me, when someone posts something evil I tend to take 2 steps back - it is something I am praying on

Last edited by SisterKat; 02-10-2010 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Unwittingly you have made the point.

It is not about following the rule of law. It is about relationship. If you believe in Christ, you are born of God (1 John 5:1). If you are born of God, then you are related by spiritual birth - and you are His child - and if you are His child, then it is as you have implied - He will not harm His children.

If the Bible only said that all of mankind are His children, then you would have a point - but it doesn't.
I do not believe that every one with inhabit the Kingdom of God as you need to be born again to do so. I do not believe that all others will be left in darkness and eternal torture for ever and all ages.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:19 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
You can count on it I would encourage you to pray for this.... it is addictive!

FYI: Absurd means illogical, bizarre, silly, ridiculous and that is what I was referring to that it is SILLY, Absurd & Rediculous to think that God is a Drama King!

On our path to God most tend to take 5 steps forward and 2 steps back... For me, when someone posts something evil I tend to take 2 steps back - it is something I am praying on
Well, this divine love I have seen displayed by some ^^^^.....I don't think I want any part of it !! It's not real...

The excuses on one's path are sure gettin' old.....
If they really knew the love of God it wouldn't even be in the heart....

As for the absurd thingy...., anyone can read the intent behind the remarks of the post.....especially with one's posting history through out this forum ....It's really not that difficult to catch on

Old 02-10-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Well, this divine love I have seen displayed by some ^^^^.....I don't think I want any part of it !! It's not real...

The excuses on one's path are sure gettin' old.....
If they really knew the love of God it wouldn't even be in the heart....

As for the absurd thingy...., anyone can read the intent behind the remarks of the post.....especially with one's posting history through out this forum ....It's really not that difficult to catch on
Latte.....I truly pray that you find God's Divine Love and I shall leave it at that. I do not wish to battle with you here in this negativity.

Peace.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:54 PM

696 posts, read 915,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Joshua 24:15

I opened a thread about God's great love for mankind. However, if people die in their sins, which means they have rejected God's love, then people will find out that God can hate as much as he loves -- and that's a lot of hate. Hell is judgement.

Proverbs 1
24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.

If you go to hell, God will forget all about you. Today is the day of mercy.

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man ... - Genesis 6:3
Sir you started out with my favorite verse of scripture. It is the reason my baby boy is named Joshua. Every Sunday he opens the Bible and points to his name. Sometimes he gets excited and rips the page. I need a new bible LOL! Thank you for a strong opening.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Latte.....I truly pray that you find God's Divine Love and I shall leave it at that. I do not wish to battle with you here in this negativity.

Peace.
Quote:
Sorry off topic but also had to advise you of your false judgements
DITTO.....

Old 02-10-2010, 06:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Why would God create a giant eternal torture chamber?

To satisfy christians who believe that unbelievers(which they once were) deserve to be sent there for not believing.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:37 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why do you continue to focus on this?

We are to keep our focus on the person of Christ, and growing in his grace and knowledge, and becoming more like Him.

While the judgments are valid, that is not to be our main focus.

To answer your question directly...

In your description of God, you neglected His holiness. And sin can not be in the presence of a holy God. The wages of sin is death, which is separation from life - and the life is God. Those who have Christ - His death paid for their sin. Those who do not have Christ receive their wages of sin in full - which is separation from God. This separation involves the lake of fire where the devil is.
A good truthful answer.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned post
Moderator cut: orphaned... We are all together brothers and sisters.....brothers and sisters do not always agree on everything - at least not in my home. The bickering can really get out of hand at times but there always is that underlying love for one another.

Bless you. You are truly a child of God. Your love shines bright

Last edited by june 7th; 02-10-2010 at 07:53 PM..

Old 02-10-2010, 08:01 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Just the words....

"Please stay on ON TOPIC or this one's going to end up in the eternal archives of city-data's Christianity subforum!"

~The ever-repetitive "June mantra."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity