Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2010, 03:50 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
For me all of that is irrelevant.
How? If a man dies biologically.....how can he be baptized into salvation, if the scriptures teach that can only occur whilst we are alive biologically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Notes taken on 1 Tim 2:4-6 from:

Greek Synonyms.
2 Peter 3:9 Commentary
Bible Dictionary notes on WILL from biblereferenceguide.com
More and more ....more

Sometimes the most intelligent thing a person can say is...."I am in over my head." It appears you may be Jerwade...I have extensively discussed this very topic in many many places, both on land, and on the net.

If this is the only rebuttal you have, you may want to bow out now.

Remember, this precise topic, I have covered in over a hundred pages of notes...spanning over years.....which I have the access to right now.
It seems the swede and I, are on the very same page, and have used very similar notes.
If it wasn't for your ego getting in the way, you might have shown some integrity through that of humility.

"An active, ongoing result of previous actions."

Old 11-12-2010, 03:53 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,407,289 times
Lightbulb Unified with the spirit of christ

Quote:
If they are consistent with the Bible, then the teaching should come easy and unified with the spirit of Christ.
That is why this is so powerful for those who actually read it.

KNOWING THE REAL JESUS
God is Love: God Is Love! *The Power of God's Love;*Love Your Enemies! Knowing The Real Jesus

Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If it wasn't for your ego getting in the way, you might have shown some integrity through that of humility.

"An active, ongoing result of previous actions."
Which denotes nothing in UR's favor...how hard is this? So what? People get saved from one salvific event. That is the core of the subject!

Because of Christ...now MAN CAN come to the KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH. Because of Christ, God NOW DELIGHTS in man's salvation!

There are scores of papers on this specific subject, which UR never can exegetically prove their case in regards to grammar and syntax...never...I have not seen one...even tentmaker.....pure philosophical, heartfelt, jargon and rhetoric.

Can you?

PS...I really don't care about my ego or alter ego, integrity, or even humility, I care about truth, and UR, stands in the way.
Sometimes one has to get their hands dirty. I choose that role. I report.....the people decide. I don't teach.
I am not a teacher, I don't want to be, I never will be, I never claimed to be one. So please, for the sake of your integrity, stop lumping me in that category to make your rhetorical case heard. You are going off topic.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:09 PM

Lightbulb Redemption in two parts

Quote:
How? If a man dies biologically.....how can he be baptized into salvation, if the scriptures teach that can only occur whilst we are alive biologically?
The idea that one can find salvation only during this life time is an unscriptural myth.

First the first fruits of election, the remnant chosen by grace out of each generation will be saved. Then all of the non-elect will be saved later.

Here are two scriptural exposition that expound that point of view.

GOD'S PLAN FOR THE AGES OF TIME
THE EONS OF THE BIBLE WITH CONCORDANCE
The eons of the Bible With Concordance, God’s purpose of the eons.

and

REDEMPTION IN TWO PARTS (a scriptural exposition)
GOD ALL IN ALL
God's Plan Of The Ages; The Purpose Of God In This Age; Redemption In Two Parts; As In Adam - So In Christ; Every Man In His Own Order; All Things In Subjection; God All In All

Old 11-12-2010, 04:09 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
I really don't care about my ego or alter ego, integrity, or even humility, I care about truth, and UR, stands in the way.
Sciotamicks, without integrity or that of humility, it's unlikely that anything said would make much of a difference, especially, when it comes to truth!

Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 PM

Exclamation God delight in man's salvation

Quote:
Because of Christ, God NOW DELIGHTS in man's salvation!
And that is why all mankind will be saved.

UNIVERSAL SALVATION UNIVERSITY (not tentmaker)
Universal Salvation University

Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:

Scripture please?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:49 PM

Unhappy Your "truth" as i see it

Quote:
I care about truth, and UR stands in the way.
Here is your "truth" as I see it.

It’s as if the god that you profess to love says to his fallen creatures

“Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t take one of the "chances" that I might give you, and if you don't have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then when you physically die I am going to make sure that you cease to exist forever."

That is your "truth" as I see it.

Here is the truth as URs see it. (not from the tentmaker site)

ABSOLUTE ASSURANCE IN JESUS CHRIST THAT SOONER OR LATER HE WILL SAVE EVERYONE WHO NEEDS SAVING FROM EVERYTHING FROM WHICH THEY NEED TO BE SAVED.
absolute assurance in jesus christ

Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Sciotamicks, without integrity or that of humility, it's unlikely that anything said would make much of a difference, especially, when it comes to truth!
I still like you though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity