Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 AM

465 posts, read 658,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Yes, there does appear to be some ulterior motive based upon what I am reading. I can tell that you are speaking from experience and that of others that you know. I do as well.
Not taking sides? It seems you're siding with the libelous claims that he has no evidence of? We simply disagree, I'm not accusing either of you of being paid Koch brother shills for the asphalt industry, do not attack my character and make this personal anymore, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 09:27 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBeltOptimist View Post
Not taking sides? It seems you're siding with the libelous claims that he has no evidence of? We simply disagree, I'm not accusing either of you of being paid Koch brother shills for the asphalt industry, do not attack my character and make this personal anymore, please.
Libel? When and where? Talk about delusional. You've spent too much time in Indianapolis. You are not representing yourself in this forum by using your real name. That issue alone is enough to dismiss any kind of perceived libel charge you assert that Wilson is taking. You need psychiatric help.

Or do you mean he is making false accusations against specific rail companies?

Old 11-01-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Libel? When and where? Talk about delusional. You've spent too much time in Indianapolis. You are not representing yourself in this forum by using your real name. That issue alone is enough to dismiss any kind of perceived libel charge you assert that Wilson is taking. You need psychiatric help.

Or do you mean he is making false accusations against specific rail companies?
And here are more personal attacks when I simply asked you to stop. He is making a false claim about any paid involvement I might have. You too don't use your name on this forum, he does not either, at least not a full name, and we have no idea if Wilson's actually part of it. So you're saying I can call you a paid company hire of the oil/asphalt industry and you would have no problem with it?

Old 11-01-2014, 09:33 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Calm down there Rusty. Being called a shill, paid or unpaid, is not the end of the world. We disagree on trains. Big deal. I'm older and wiser, you're younger and more idealistic. But, at the end of the day, if trains were so desirable, where did they all go?

Over in the West End, there is a hulking mass of what used to be one of the most modern and beautiful passenger train stations in the country. I took trains out of that station. Now, its home to a movie theater and some urban models. Where did the trains go? Huh?

Old 11-01-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
And here are more personal attacks when I simply asked you to stop. He is making a false claim about any paid involvement I might have. You too don't use your name on this forum, he does not either, at least not a full name, and we have no idea if Wilson's actually part of it. So you're saying I can call you a paid company hire of the oil/asphalt industry and you would have no problem with it?
You need psychiatric help. Clearly you don't even understand what Libel is or how it applies in eyes of the legal profession. I've read every message in this thread and I don't see anything to suggest that either Wilson, I or anyone else for that matter, has knowledge of who you are. Lighten up Francis.

I should add that after all the accusations I've faced over the years while living in the Midwest, calling me a shill for the oil or gas industry would be considered a compliment in my eyes. Trust me, the way I've been treated by the Midwest or at least lower Midwest region pales in comparison to what you are dealing with here.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:40 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,475,197 times
Quote:
You need psychiatric help. Clearly you don't even understand what Libel is or how it applies in eyes of the legal profession. I've read every message in this thread and I don't see anything to suggest that either Wilson, I or anyone else for that matter, has knowledge of who you are. Lighten up Francis.

I actually tried a libel case to a jury in Hamilton County. With my old buddy Norm Murdock as co-counsel. Very stressful as all trials are.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Calm down there Rusty. Being called a shill, paid or unpaid, is not the end of the world. We disagree on trains. Big deal. I'm older and wiser, you're younger and more idealistic. But, at the end of the day, if trains were so desirable, where did they all go?

Over in the West End, ther eis a hulking mass of what used to be one of the most modern and beautiful passenger train stations in the country. I took trains out of that station. Now, its home to a movie theater and some urban models. Where did the trains go? Huh?
Okay, I still would like less of the name calling. In fairness, that goes for me too as far as calling you elitist and all that. As for where the trains went, for a time trains were definitely less economical for everyday use than cars, which were cheap and affordable at even the very low end of the economic ladder, and roads were cheap too. That's not always the case anymore, and car related development, particularly when it comes to parking lots, proves to be a less economical use of space in cities than transit related development. So trains disappear for awhile when they're less sound economically, now they're coming back as wages have stagnated and the cost of cars has gone beyond the means of many and the desirability of cars has gone down even among those who have the means. In both the fall and resurrection of trains, it's been simple economics causing the shifts.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:

I should add that after all the accusations I've faced over the years while living in the Midwest, calling me a shill for the oil or gas industry would be considered a compliment in my eyes. Trust me, the way I've been treated by the Midwest or at least lower Midwest region pales in comparison to what you are dealing with here.
It seems if anything I would need legal definition help, what makes having a misunderstanding of law rise to psychiatric issues, doctor?

Old 11-01-2014, 09:45 AM

3,969 posts, read 8,502,714 times
Boy, this thread sure has degraded to personal attacks in a hurry. No wonder it has declined to just a few posters.

I just came across the headline on another site as I was reading about the downtown developments in Hamilton that claimed that Bejing to Moscow has better passenger rail service than Cincinnati to Chicago. Haven't read the article so I don't know if there is really justification for comparing the two. I'm just pointing it out hoping that the entire thread can return to the original topic with intelligent facts. It was interesting reading when it started.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Okay, I still would like less of the name calling. In fairness, that goes for me too as far as calling you elitist and all that. As for where the trains went, for a time trains were definitely less economical for everyday use than cars, which were cheap and affordable at even the very low end of the economic ladder, and roads were cheap too. That's not always the case anymore, and car related development, particularly when it comes to parking lots, proves to be a less economical use of space in cities than transit related development. So trains disappear for awhile when they're less sound economically, now they're coming back as wages have stagnated and the cost of cars has gone beyond the means of many and the desirability of cars has gone down even among those who have the means. In both the fall and resurrection of trains, it's been simple economics causing the shifts.
First and foremost you need to understand that before we can spend anymore money on big projects like this, we have to address our financial disaster in Washington and in certain states and cities. We are essentially bankrupt at this point and unless some people stand up and have the guts to make the right decisions to reduce the debt and government spending our society will collapse. It will make the Stock Market crash of October 1929 look like a picnic.

Putting it another way. Let's say you earn 50 grand a year. You have a house valued at 200 grand, a decent car and some credit card debt. Student loans too. Income for a few years is adequate to cover all your bills and leave a few bucks left over for a rainy day. Suddenly your hours at work get cut and your income is reduced to 40 grand a year. Suddenly you find your monthly income is short a few hundred to cover your expenses. It is just a matter of time before something gives. Either find a new source of income to make up the shortfall, or stop paying creditors and you end up bankrupt. We are reaching that point now in this country. You can't keep spending if you don't have the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati