Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the liveliest?
Memphis 5 4.13%
New Orleans 15 12.40%
Atlanta 57 47.11%
Philadelphia 13 10.74%
DC 31 25.62%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:34 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Here come the word police, and the irony is he comes at your neck usin the term "jive lame".....wow. Anyway lets just stop the e-thuggary, cuz in real life nobody cares, DC and Philly are both rough cities, but that's not a badge of honor. Do yourself a favor, and get an education.
I noticed a lot of DCers on City Data atleast love to bring up how hard they are in their city. D.C. and Atlanta both have been America's murder capital before. Difference is people in Atlanta on City Data atleast aren't proud of that kind of thing the way D.C. people are. (Only Atlanta's hood rats and self proclaimed goons go on about that like it's a good thing).

The nice parts of D.C. atleast are actually far better policed and safer than Atlanta and that's the kind of thing Atlanta posters are constantly complaining about not bragging about.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 AM

149 posts, read 161,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
Are you kidding me? lol
Jersey dudes listen to Baltimore club all too often, along with Jersey and Philly club.
Idk about Jersey but Philly dudes wear capris, I can go on google maps right now to any random Philly hood and see a dude rockin capris and probably a koffi to go with it. Dudes in DC wear the same style.

Jersey & Philly basically have 2 different styles you can tell right away when you see a Philly dude in Jersey right away don't really dress the same that's no knock on em I was born there & most of my fam is from there.But If you chill in Jersey here for a minute you'll notice not as many blacks on a whole but still dif.Not to sure about Camden but they got a little thug with em so still not really like Philly but outside of Camden Jersey is definitely different. But you got me on that B-More ref lol.Very good I can't stand when they play that....no offense just not for me. Philly can do that sometimes true dat.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
First of all, no one even uses the work swag so that shows me you are jive lame! Second, most Philly dudes are NYC d*ck riders homey. You talk sh*t about DC but you know what's up with us.

Actually DC cats from the last time I was down that way where pretty chill.But although a tad country you did know that they would handle theres & you could get ya head blown off but they def. dont have that in ya face flip @ the slightest that Philly has.Philly cats are wild.Jersey got a blood & latin king problem.Wrong part of town late night & a possibility a young boy will try an out of towner.But in Philly if you stiay on the lighted path you "should" be alright Just stay way away from N. Broad & Toronto or anywhere pass Temple BUT MORE NORTH A WAYS.Although i'm from there & still feel like something could happen.Just feel strange whenever i'm there latenight or day for that matter....suprisingly DC didn't give me that feel probably because I was in good company real good company

Old 06-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I noticed a lot of DCers on City Data atleast love to bring up how hard they are in their city. D.C. and Atlanta both have been America's murder capital before. Difference is people in Atlanta on City Data atleast aren't proud of that kind of thing the way D.C. people are. (Only Atlanta's hood rats and self proclaimed goons go on about that like it's a good thing).

The nice parts of D.C. atleast are actually far better policed and safer than Atlanta and that's the kind of thing Atlanta posters are constantly complaining about not bragging about.

Yeah crime is not a selling point nothing to brag about at all.BUT YEAH SOME PARTS OF DC FEEL LIKE NAZI GERMANY.... let me see your papers BUT I CAN SEE WHY.Philly has been the Murda cap as well as we all know Camden now who wants to identify with that????? I really like to have a good time when I go out.Don't like shoot outs in the parking lot NO SIIIIR.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
The last couple of pages shows one difference with partying in Atlanta: we don't have any of this inter-city beef shizz.

Whether you come from NY, Philly, DC, Miami, or Willacoochie Alabama you are welcomed like family when partying here. Dress whatever way you like, consume how ever much drink and whatever plant material you like, and celebrate whatever you like. It's all good as long as you keep things cool and not try to act rowdy. Instead, focus your attention on the large throngs of non-stuck up women who have donks big enough to set your drink on.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 PM

ALSO ON A "SIDE NOTE" JUST TO CLEAR AIR. I def wouldn't make a wager & test somone from here & making assumptions about bark & bite, we def back up are bite.Just sayin you can have a good time when you come this way.... just DON'T STARE @ US TO LONG.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:06 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
The last couple of pages shows one difference with partying in Atlanta: we don't have any of this inter-city beef shizz.

Whether you come from NY, Philly, DC, Miami, or Willacoochie Alabama you are welcomed like family when partying here. Dress whatever way you like, consume how ever much drink and whatever plant material you like, and celebrate whatever you like. It's all good as long as you keep things cool and not try to act rowdy. Instead, focus your attention on the large throngs of non-stuck up women who have donks big enough to set your drink on. :cool:
I think every since my college days is been the truth that outside the ghettos (where most visitors aren't going to party anyway) It's pretty much the same in D.C. as well.

It's just the D.C. posters on City Data that would try and lead you to believe that D.C. is full of these 2010 black versions of Billy the Kid and Jessie James who's Streetwise level is astronomical and sit around totally amused at how unsophisticated and soft all the low street IQ having out of towners are wandering whether or not they should take advantage.

Atleast in D.C. it's obvious to see when you are in a gritty neighborhood. In Atlanta and the Bay Area where I have family you can be in a neighborhood that looks really nice and safe and be in danger. That's actually something I would like to see get changed about Atlanta.

Last edited by Galounger; 06-29-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM

But i'm done with this SERIOUSLY.First we ask about who has the best night life for AA'S & all I see is opinions no posts like I said before of up coming events & highlighted features about your city.Just blank judgements & stereotypes now we are asking about who has the most murders & how tough???? Either a desperate attempt for validation or just way off as far as direction c'mon guys lets see you keep this civil & let me see valid arguements......real coonerish

Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times
This conversation is comical. People bragging murder and bragging about crime. DC is shaking it's murder reputation finally and it's going to continue to shake that stigma as gentrification takes hold faster than any other city in the country. On a side note, Atlanta and Philadelphia have never been talked about as dangerous cities compared to cities like Washington DC, New Orleans, or Detroit. Those three cities have always been widely known as the most dangerous cites especially during the crack epidemic of the 1990's. The crime rate in those cities during that time has never been seen to this day and will never be seen again either. Detroit and New Orleans are still struggling with crime as DC through gentrification has passed the problem onto it's eastern suburb PG county mainly.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:35 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
On a side note, Atlanta and Philadelphia have never been talked about as dangerous cities compared to cities like Washington DC, New Orleans, or Detroit. Those three cities have always been widely known as the most dangerous cites especially during the crack epidemic of the 1990's.
You're kidding, right? Every inner city dealt with the same mess during the 80s and 90s with crack and turf war that DC did most especially Atlanta and Philly. I saw it with my own eyes as I have family or a close friend in just about every city east of the Mississippi. Gladly those days are long gone for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City