Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 05:18 PM

170 posts, read 325,990 times

Advertisements

For someone not to call Indianapolis a 'city' is beyond foolish. The US Census Bureau defines a city of having at least 2,500 in the city proper. Although I consider a place that small to be a mere hamlet. Nontheless, Indy is definately a city. And if I am not mistaken, the 2010 Census said Indy was the 11th largest city in the country with a population of 829,718 in the city limits. If that dont that dont constitute a city, I dont know what does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 05:34 PM

10 posts, read 7,058 times
It's boring.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty the Sock View Post
It's boring.
lol interesting your from ILLinois and you say that.
Remove Chicago and Illinois is very boring.
Indiana atleast has the caves/hills of Southern Indiana/Lake Michigan and the Dunes/Louisville kentucky/Hoosier National forest.

So the only person thats boring is you
as others have said no place is truely boring. just the person.

Also Normcrok8 exactly what i was thinking.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM

Indianapolis is, I mean.
I beleive that a band called Toxic Reasons were from there...now THEY were exciting...an incredible HC band, they were.....oh well, the past dies,,,, Indiana State Cops blow the BIG ONE, believe me......I know, or knew...I don't go to that state anymore......

Old 04-13-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Indiana atleast has the caves/hills of Southern Indiana/Lake Michigan and the Dunes/Louisville kentucky/Hoosier National forest.

I love you, man

Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,405,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post

Umm, Illinois also has caves, the hills of Southern Illinois, Lake Michigan, St. Louis suburbs, and the Shawnee National forest. There's also the great river road, and the entire bluff region of the Mississippi/Illinois rivers...

Old 04-13-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Umm, Illinois also has caves, the hills of Southern Illinois, Lake Michigan, St. Louis suburbs, and the Shawnee National forest. There's also the great river road, and the entire bluff region of the Mississippi/Illinois rivers...
Lake Michigan is part of Chicago.
Indiana has the Ohio River which i think is better. Doesnt flood as much as the Mississippi due to it not being the main drainage river for half of the US.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:06 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Indiana Lake Michigan shore line is covered with factories and mostly Gary Indiana. You really think thats something special about your state.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancalderon71 View Post
Indiana Lake Michigan shore line is covered with factories and mostly Gary Indiana. You really think thats something special about your state.
In Lake county yes it is.
But theres porter County/La Port County that touches lake michigan.
Not many factories there.
Illinois only has Crook County and Lake county that touch Lake Michigan. all a part of Chicagoland. La Port County is NOT Chicagoland according to the census. So that leaves out Michigan City.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Chicago suffers from an inferiority complex, so it needs to bash someone. Indianapolis is a convenient opponent.

Chicago lost "second city" status quite a while ago and, while NY and LA add population, their city population change is flat. The "chip on the shoulder" is among the biggest I've seen in North America, needing to compare themselves to NY and needing to bash LA.

I once had enough and told a group of "eww, LA" Chicago types: "Why do I know of people from the Chicago area who decided to make LA home and stayed, while I know of no one who VOLUNTARILY chose to move from LA to Chicago?" There was NO response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City