Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 AM

886 posts, read 1,563,745 times

Advertisements

"Rep me if you live in the bay and agree"

LOL

Why does this guy do this EVERY 3 days? This thread isn't even about Philly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 03:01 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,214,312 times
Maybe i said that wrong on my post.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:17 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,360,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Yeah but there isn't THAT big of difference. It's like saying L.A. has better winters than San Diego or Vancouver has better summers than Seattle.

NYC's winters are slightly warmer, but nothing drastic. Chicago's summer's are cooler, but NYC's summer are not that much hotter than Chicago's.

SF has the most comfortable weather year round but I wouldn't say it's the best. I like summer days where it's hot outside and I can spend my time at the beach laying out in the sun. I don't think SF has the best weather, rather just the most comfortable.

The coldest I have ever been is SF in July. It was damp, cold, and we had to duck into stores just to keep warm. It was also grey and overcast in the AM. As to what I thought of SF as a Chicagoan, I thought that although the hills in town were nice, it was gritty, dirty, with alot of homeless and big differences from block to block. We were told of a pizza place that was famous within walking distance of the Ritz Carlton where we were staying, and it was a red light district. I think that SF is overrated, and Chicago underrated. Sorry, SF was definitely not for me.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:33 PM

771 posts, read 1,395,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
The coldest I have ever been is SF in July. It was damp, cold, and we had to duck into stores just to keep warm. It was also grey and overcast in the AM. As to what I thought of SF as a Chicagoan, I thought that although the hills in town were nice, it was gritty, dirty, with alot of homeless and big differences from block to block. We were told of a pizza place that was famous within walking distance of the Ritz Carlton where we were staying, and it was a red light district. I think that SF is overrated, and Chicago underrated. Sorry, SF was definitely not for me.
I agree with some of your points. I personally loved SF but I do think it is slighty overrated. Its natural landscape is breathtaking, but the city itself left me slightly disappointed, and by that I mean aesthetics..

Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
I agree with some of your points. I personally loved SF but I do think it is slighty overrated. Its natural landscape is breathtaking, but the city itself left me slightly disappointed, and by that I mean aesthetics..

Its funny, I had the same feeling about Chicago. The first time I went to Chicago I expected a bigger San Francisco. We flew into Ohare and stayed a few days in Schaumburg, drove into the city, and it was awesome to drive in and see the skyline. When we got closer and entered downtown it was much much quieter than SF. I remember seeing some single story structures downtown, fringe, but still downtown. Later we stayed downtown at the Chicago Hilton, did more of the touristy things; boat tour, Hancock, Sears, Museums, Parks etc. I thought it was an awesome city, but not as busy, vibrant or international feeling as SF. Still love it though, Ive been back 5 more times.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:16 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Yea, you can bet, sure. Where are you going to look that up? Isn't that a tad silly?
any NYer who's likes SF should list his neighborhood.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,698,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
any NYer who's likes SF should list his neighborhood.
Oycrumbler is a Cali transplant that now lives in NY, of course he is going to support SF

Old 04-24-2012, 01:18 PM

637 posts, read 1,015,245 times
How pathetic. I love how people in San Francisco need our approval and think about what we think about them to justify where they live.

Out here in the East Coast, we know we're better than you, and act accordingly

Old 04-24-2012, 01:29 PM

611 posts, read 1,600,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post
How pathetic. I love how people in San Francisco need our approval and think about what we think about them to justify where they live.

Says the guy who stirs up all the EAST vs California vitriol haha.
Get a life Pollster dude.

Old 04-24-2012, 01:30 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Foodie 215 View Post

Says the troll who thinks he needs to "put SF in its place", and who is pathetically obsessed with trying to denigrate SF and its region of millions of residents, based solely on tired stereotypes and lies.

It seems more like you're the one who needs validation, as you're constantly trying to make SF look bad, and constantly trying to get others to agree with your stupid delusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City