Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Chicago 99 45.21%
Mexico City 72 32.88%
Toronto 48 21.92%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:56 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
There's such an overwhelmingly negative perception of Mexico that I think most Americans are kind of shocked that they're not dodging bullets or riding donkeys or something. I've been here more than 6 years now and despite never having a single problem and had multiple friends visit, none of my family has been willing to do so. It's hard for some people to get past that perception, even if they have real-world examples that contradict it.
Well i'm certainly open to learning more about the city. I really did enjoy it and also met a lot of really nice and interesting people i still chat with. I'll definitely be back and hats off to you for making the move. On this still chilly may evening up here i must admit to a tad amount of jealousy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 09:57 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
In time, it will happen.
Well if they simply dismiss Chicago for only that than their ignorance makes them look foolish. They probably haven't even been to the city.

Old 05-07-2017, 09:58 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Don't know what kind of Americans you know but I have traveled extensively worldwide.

Real world example you fail to see are the miles and miles , hills and hills of SLUMS! (never stated that this is all in MC). That alone puts MC far below the other two in my book and as numerous others also have stated

OK, time to call it a day,,,.
It's okay. For someone so extensively travelled, it's difficult to understand your extremely narrow focus, but whatever. Stay in Vegas, the most gaudy city in the world.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:22 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,389,597 times
Quote:
It's okay. For someone so extensively travelled, it's difficult to understand your extremely narrow focus, but whatever. Stay in Vegas, the most gaudy city in the world.
Au contraire, it is you that doesn't see the big elephant in the room. I see you're uninformed about Las Vegas so it's best to keep it short with you since you''re also taking things to another level.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Au contraire, it is you that doesn't see the big elephant in the room. I see you're uninformed about Las Vegas so it's best to keep it short with you since you''re also taking things to another level.
You seem to have a need to make MC into some nightmare, and I'm curious as to why that might be. It might not be your cup of tea, and that's fine and all, but it seems like you have a grudge rather than any serious knowledge of what it's like there. Maybe watch less Fox News or whatever.
Las Vegas isn't gaudy? I guess off the strip, sure, but no one goes to Vegas for its suburbs or Downtown. What LV is famous for, the only reason it's even on anyone's map, is its over-the-top gaudy tourist areas. Good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise because even you know that's true.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:36 AM

23,535 posts, read 24,029,400 times
Chicago, between these 3.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:51 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
You seem to have a need to make MC into some nightmare, and I'm curious as to why that might be. It might not be your cup of tea, and that's fine and all, but it seems like you have a grudge rather than any serious knowledge of what it's like there. Maybe watch less Fox News or whatever.
Las Vegas isn't gaudy? I guess off the strip, sure, but no one goes to Vegas for its suburbs or Downtown. What LV is famous for, the only reason it's even on anyone's map, is its over-the-top gaudy tourist areas. Good luck trying to convince anyone otherwise because even you know that's true.
Yeah let's base all of Vegas on the strip, which is basically what he is doing.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
since I am talking to a wall and you keep taking it to another level, us two are done talking

Old 05-08-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yeah let's base all of Vegas on the strip, which is basically what he is doing.
...indeed, showing how clueless he is

Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
...indeed, showing how clueless he is
I was referring to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City