Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 11:22 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,281,063 times

Advertisements

According to the BLOOMBERG REPORT'S RANKINGS OF CITIES.

HOUSTON DOES NOT OVERTAKE CHICAGO in POPULATION or RANK BY POPULATION PER SQ/MILE DENSITY
most-crowded-in-2025-cities

Most Crowded in 2025: Global Cities - Bloomberg Best (and Worst)

CITY US.................POPULATION 2025

1. Los Angeles..........15,686,961
2. San Francisco.........6,709,921
3. Miami....................7,255,325
4. New York City.......23,577,190
5. Chicago..............11,433,831
6. Washington D.C.....5,669,656
7. Detroit..................5,344,617
8. Phoenix.................4,750,069
9. Philadelphia...........7,095,366
10. Houston............5,854,216
11. Dallas.................6,278,296
12. Boston................5,834,383
13. Atlanta................5,970,807

I DON'T KNOW HOW THE GOT POPULATION PROJECTIONS FROM?
RANK seems to be somehow POPULATION DENSITY PER SQUARE MILE?? Not sure?
Complete list is cities of the world on website.

This list is just US cities on the list. WEBSIGHT HAS RANK IN DENSITY OF THE WORLD'S CITIES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 10:59 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,522,794 times
I don't get why people are so concerned about this. Houston's land area is MASSIVE, and you could be in some terrible suburban looking neighborhood but technically still be in the city limits. When Houston has this urban fabric AND passes Chicago in population, then I'll give two s****.

[vimeo]109354891[/vimeo]
Cityscape Chicago II on Vimeo

Old 11-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Yes I don't get this Houston overtaking CHICAGO desire? Even Bloomberg speculating growth claims Dallas overtaking Houston????? But neither overtake. CHICAGO? They utilize criteria and intellectuals and scholars and professionals? I just still see by intuition?? That CHICAGO still comes out on top. GO ...... CHICAGO. .

Old 11-07-2014, 08:42 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Houston is growing like crazy and its not as dangerous as Chicago but if I had of choice of which city to live in I would still choose Chicago .. it has a way better downtown and urban core. Really not a fan of Houston's hot humid weather or Chicago's super cold winter.. both climates are not ideal. Both are great cities thou, I would not be surprised if Houston does pass Chicago. Houston had so many Asian and Latino immigrants move into that city lately... its super diverse.. probably as diverse as Chicago if not more that did surprise me.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:52 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Yes I don't get this Houston overtaking CHICAGO desire? Even Bloomberg speculating growth claims Dallas overtaking Houston????? But neither overtake. CHICAGO? They utilize criteria and intellectuals and scholars and professionals? I just still see by intuition?? That CHICAGO still comes out on top. GO ...... CHICAGO. .
Way to use those bold and color options.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:05 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
I don't get why people are so concerned about this. Houston's land area is MASSIVE, and you could be in some terrible suburban looking neighborhood but technically still be in the city limits. When Houston has this urban fabric AND passes Chicago in population, then I'll give two s****.

[vimeo]109354891[/vimeo]
Cityscape Chicago II on Vimeo
Great timelapse vid - few cities can pull something like that off well and Chicago is one of them.. Houston isn't a dense enough urbanized area to compete with a city like Chicago.. Even if it does pass Chicago in terms of city proper population - it'll do it spread over a lot more land area - Chicago will still have a much more dense and urban fabric..

Old 11-08-2014, 10:17 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
I don't see Houston ever investing in the urban infrastructure to create quite the same environment that Chucago not only inherited, but is already reinvesting in.
That's because you haven't seen Houston at all.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:18 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,789,738 times
...Thinking that it had now become a commonly accepted fact on these forums that city proper populations were largely irrelevant, I thought I would take a look at who revived this hackneyed topic. Low and behold, who else would it be but someone looking to bash Houston? And as always, that remains the common theme for the duration of the discussion.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
...Thinking that it had now become a commonly accepted fact on these forums that city proper populations were largely irrelevant, I thought I would take a look at who revived this hackneyed topic. Low and behold, who else would it be but someone looking to bash Houston? And as always, that remains the common theme for the duration of the discussion.
NO ONE IS Bashing Houston?? But the OP opens the thread with a boast of Houston growth. Therefore suggesting HOUSTON WILL OVERTAKE CHICAGO ? Some of us merely don't think it does? Give reasons why? Opinions as to why not also. I gave a calculation and prediction BY BLOOMBERG REPORT. That even says DALLAS actually overtakes HOUSTON? Also estimated populations WITH "CHICAGO"STILL MAINTAINING A LARGE LEAD STILL IN 2025 IN POPULATION over Dallas and Houston.

THIS IS NOT BASHING? IT'S GIVING REASONINGS, INSIGHT OF EXPERTS AND OUR OPINIONS. AFTER ALL THE OP STARTED THE THREAD TO DECLARE HIS OPINION? SOME GAVE OPINIONS IN HOUSTONS FAVOR? SOME OF US MERELY BELIEVES CHICAGO MAINTAINS A LEAD?

Last edited by steeps; 11-08-2014 at 06:23 PM..

Old 11-08-2014, 07:31 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
NO ONE IS Bashing Houston?? But the OP opens the thread with a boast of Houston growth. Therefore suggesting HOUSTON WILL OVERTAKE CHICAGO ? Some of us merely don't think it does? Give reasons why? Opinions as to why not also. I gave a calculation and prediction BY BLOOMBERG REPORT. That even says DALLAS actually overtakes HOUSTON? Also estimated populations WITH "CHICAGO"STILL MAINTAINING A LARGE LEAD STILL IN 2025 IN POPULATION over Dallas and Houston.

THIS IS NOT BASHING? IT'S GIVING REASONINGS, INSIGHT OF EXPERTS AND OUR OPINIONS. AFTER ALL THE OP STARTED THE THREAD TO DECLARE HIS OPINION? SOME GAVE OPINIONS IN HOUSTONS FAVOR? SOME OF US MERELY BELIEVES CHICAGO MAINTAINS A LEAD?
Again, nice use of color and bold options. And CAPS this time as well. Bravo.

Why all the question marks though?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City