Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2014, 03:08 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
In other words, you are so insecure and immature that you resort to trying to go personal? Haha well today aint the day and I aint the one.

Word to the wise: Not everyone is going to always going to like what you like or agree with you and GUESS WHAT: ITS NOT PERSONAL.

Just a tip to help you since you are clearly still maturing.

Ps. I will continue saying what I think whether you like it or not so yeah...

I didn't go personal. I don't know you and I have no idea what your financial background is. I was just asking because I would think only someone who lives in a building that is superior would criticize it. How can someone say something negative about something that is better than what they have? It's like me driving a busted car and making fun of someone who drives a Mercedes Benz. How much sense would that make? That's why I asked you because I was under the impression you must live in a really nice place since it's so much better than that building. I mean, you never answered the question which leads me to believe you don't live in a building that is better.

If you don't, how can you talk about that buildings? The same goes for anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 03:09 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Dude please stop cherry picking stats for your continued hate. Baltimore MSA brings "DC" down in terms of percentage in almost every instance. DC MSA is 1/3 size of LA's CSA yet is half the size in GDP. DC MSA, 6 million = $455 billion GDP. LA CSA 18+ million= $918 billion? C'mon.
The Inland Empire MSA is a much bigger drag economic drag than Baltimore.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:15 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
I didn't go personal. I don't know you and I have no idea what your financial background is. I was just asking because I would think only someone who lives in a building that is superior would criticize it. How can someone say something negative about something that is better than what they have? It's like me driving a busted car and making fun of someone who drives a Mercedes Benz. How much sense would that make? That's why I asked you because I was under the impression you must live in a really nice place since it's so much better than that building. I mean, you never answered the question which leads me to believe you don't live in a building that is better.

If you don't, how can you talk about that buildings? The same goes for anyone.
Wrong. A person can have an opinion on something regardless. We arent talking stats or facts.

So anything else?

Old 04-27-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Wrong. A person can have an opinion on something regardless. We arent talking stats or facts.

So anything else?

True, but it seems like it's personal with you. I mean, you think Washington D.C. is comparable to Fargo, North Dakota. You don't think that raises an eyebrow? I mean, look around. Everyone is saying the same thing to you. Everyone is thinking the same thing?

Old 04-27-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
True, but it seems like it's personal with you. I mean, you think Washington D.C. is comparable to Fargo, North Dakota. You don't think that raises an eyebrow? I mean, look around. Everyone is saying the same thing to you. Everyone is thinking the same thing?
Yeah but the difference is you care and I dont.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah but the difference is you care and I dont.

Hopefully you'll find happiness in life eventually. You can't live life with hatred in your heart. It's not too late to change. You can do it.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Hopefully you'll find happiness in life eventually. You can't live life with hatred in your heart. It's not too late to change. You can do it.
Haha all of this nonsense and demands to know my socio-economic situation because Im not impressed by pics you posted. Needy much?

Old 04-27-2014, 04:51 PM

And LOL at the hypocrisy.

On the one hand you yap about old buildings you dont like and no one cares, but when the shoe is on the other foot and someone else doesnt like your building, its like you become a mixture of Judge Judy and Iyanla Vanzant. LMAO.

Not today, take a seat.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
And LOL at the hypocrisy.

On the one hand you yap about old buildings you dont like and no one cares, but when the shoe is on the other foot and someone else doesnt like your building, its like you become a mixture of Judge Judy and Iyanla Vanzant. LMAO.

Not today, take a seat.

O my, why must you always forget everything. I was actually responding to a post. I didn't even begin to say what I like until 5 pages of "D.C. sucks" posts. I don't attack other cities. That's your job. I was responding to Kidphilly. Having an opinion is fine. Going out of your way to find every post about a city you dislike is obsessive. Just saying...

Please see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
it just looks sterile to me - street wall and all

And that cladding - yuk

why does everything they seem to be building in these areas all look this way - DC deserves better design IMHO

Quote:
You know, I actually like new and modern. I hate old and dirty. You can have the **** in the hallway. I want clean new buildings inside and out. I don't want any dirt on the streets or on the walls. I like the urban built environment of San Fran, but I think San Fran buildings are old and dirty actually. I like Midtown Manhattan. Give me clean and shiny anyday.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:18 PM

Bingo, I didnt say anything about Washington DC, only that those pics make me nauseated, DCs economy is not more robust than LA and that the list of stores for CityCenter is bogus hype.

Nowhere do I make personal commentaries about DC. You care way too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City