Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2015, 11:11 AM

383 posts, read 512,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Indianapolis doesn't make a whole lot of noise and keeps a relatively low profile, but it seems to me that Indianapolis has a lot more going for it than most people realize. It seems as vibrant and thriving as many Southern and Western boomtowns and has for the past srveral years. Indianapolis is probably one of the best kept secrets in all of the Midwest.

Indianapolis doesn't get much national recognition at all. I'd say it's definitely under rated outside the state of Indiana.
I would add it's Midwest brother Columbus to that as well. I would say Indy Cbus, KC are probably the top three best kept secret cities in the Midwest.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:31 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusflyer View Post
I would add it's Midwest brother Columbus to that as well. I would say Indy Cbus, KC are probably the top three best kept secret cities in the Midwest.
While we're at it, I'd say most of the Midwest is America's best kept secret.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:50 AM

116 posts, read 86,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
NYC is more than Manhattan you know, and that's not even true of all of Manhattan.

How does Chicago have better amenities than NYC?
Yes, I know NYC is more than Manhattan.... yes NYC is still overrated

Chicago has museums, cultural amenities and restaurants as highly rated or better than NYC.... these are amenities

Sorry you are offended

Old 08-05-2015, 12:24 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandnewb View Post
Chicago has museums, cultural amenities and restaurants as highly rated or better than NYC.... these are amenities
And NYC has many more museums, cultural amenities, and restaurants as highly rated and better than NYC. This is simply not a debatable point.

Quote:
Sorry you are offended
I'm not offended; I'm not from NYC nor do I live there. I simply see no factual basis for your statement regarding better amenities.

Old 08-05-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
And NYC has many more museums, cultural amenities, and restaurants as highly rated and better than NYC. This is simply not a debatable point.

I'm not offended; I'm not from NYC nor do I live there. I simply see no factual basis for your statement regarding better amenities.
More does not equal better...... quality over quantity..... look up any rankings on best restaurants and cultural amenities

Don't let the media fool you into believing NYC is the greatest

Oh, and Washington DC and San Francisco have better quality amenities than NYC too

Old 08-05-2015, 02:35 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times
Hasn't this thread been done about 100000 times before

Old 08-05-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Hasn't this thread been done about 100000 times before
It would seem that this thread has outlasted its usefulness. Too many bad feelings from some people over certain cites being criticized

Old 08-05-2015, 06:20 PM

539 posts, read 523,281 times
Quote:
More does not equal better...... quality over quantity..... look up any rankings on best restaurants and cultural amenities

Don't let the media fool you into believing NYC is the greatest

Oh, and Washington DC and San Francisco have better quality amenities than NYC too
NYC has higher quality amenities as well. Often quantity creates quality

Old 08-05-2015, 06:24 PM

539 posts, read 523,281 times
Quote:
NYC is the most overrated city in the North and the country. They gentrified and chased all the character and creative people out and became just a stale corporatist mainstream city

Boston is a close second

Most underrated is Philadelphia. It has the great public transit, great culture, great colleges. Love that city

Chicago is underrated too. Best skyline in America and better amenities than NY but also has character
this is pretty dumb. Where were all these creative people pushed out to? Other parts of NYC. Brooklyn is one of America's handful of true cultural centers that have a world impact.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
this is pretty dumb. Where were all these creative people pushed out to? Other parts of NYC. Brooklyn is one of America's handful of true cultural centers that have a world impact.
Uh, sure Brooklyn is

Pushed to smaller cities where they can afford to live
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City