Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 01:09 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
Oh wow, you went to "one of their museums" -- which ever one it was, isn't relevant, apparently... This post is really intelligent and enlightening. I'm sure people could learn a whole lot from it...
Apparently you're not allowed to have opinions on this thread.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Apparently you're not allowed to have opinions on this thread.
Someone states their opinion that city a is overrated. Residents, or fans of city a cannot believe someone honestly feels their city is overrated. They then proceed to tell that person their opinion is wrong and there's not possible way city a could ever be considered overrated. Especially when city a is underrated for a boat load of reasons.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:41 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Someone states their opinion that city a is overrated. Residents, or fans of city a cannot believe someone honestly feels their city is overrated. They then proceed to tell that person their opinion is wrong and there's not possible way city a could ever be considered overrated. Especially when city a is underrated for a boat load of reasons.
Personally, I agree with the notion that Cleveland is underrated. Much like Minneapolis, Cleveland is a city relatively few people are actually familiar with. Therefore, they fall back on ignorant stereotypes of the city.

However, it's important to understand that the poster, Cleverfield, has a long-standing history of trolling threads for the very purpose of disparaging Minneapolis. If you search his posting history, you will find numerous instances of this behavior--often taken to a seemingly-pathological level. He has even denigrated Minneapolis in threads in which the city was not even a part of the conversation. In fact, this is the second username he has utilized for doing this.

In an ideal world, Minneapolis supporters would refrain from acting in kind. However, with this particular poster, the gloves come off very easily for many. I actually respect Cleverfield for his eloquent support of Cleveland. However, he has yet to learn that it isn't necessary to tear down one city in order to prop up another.

Again, Cleveland is an underrated, and a great city--so is Minneapolis!. It's perfectly reasonable to have a negative opinion about either city, but this particular poster has long ago shed his credibility in regards to objectively assessing Minneapolis.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:55 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Personally, I agree with the notion that Cleveland is underrated. Much like Minneapolis, Cleveland is a city relatively few people are actually familiar with. Therefore, they fall back on ignorant stereotypes of the city.

However, it's important to understand that the poster, Cleverfield, has a long-standing history of trolling threads for the very purpose of disparaging Minneapolis. If you search his posting history, you will find numerous instances of this behavior--often taken to a seemingly-pathological level. He has even denigrated Minneapolis in threads in which the city was not even a part of the conversation. In fact, this is the second username he has utilized for doing this.

In an ideal world, Minneapolis supporters would refrain from acting in kind. However, with this particular poster, the gloves come off very easily for many. I actually respect Cleverfield for his eloquent support of Cleveland. However, he has yet to learn that it isn't necessary to tear down one city in order to prop up another.

Again, Cleveland is an underrated, and a great city--so is Minneapolis!. It's perfectly reasonable to have a negative opinion about either city, but this particular poster has long ago shed his credibility in regards to objectively assessing Minneapolis.
I've never once trolled any Minnesota related thing. I've stated my opinion and then defended my city from attacks by people on the Minnesota forum. I guess somehow that constitutes trolling in your mind? I happen to not have as high an opinion of Minneapolis as other people, and for some reason, Minneapolis posters can't handle that. That's really all there is to this supposed "feud". I never even said Minneapolis was a bad city. In fact I said it was a GOOD city. Yet Minnesota posters still use that as reason to attack MY city with outright stereotypes and lies. Anyway, I'm not getting sucked into a flame war. I've stated my opinion, which is just as valid as anyone else's. So let's move on.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:03 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,049,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
I've never once trolled any Minnesota related thing. I've stated my opinion and then defended my city from attacks by people on the Minnesota forum. I guess somehow that constitutes trolling in your mind? I happen to not have as high an opinion of Minneapolis as other people, and for some reason, Minneapolis posters can't handle that. That's really all there is to this supposed "feud". I never even said Minneapolis was a bad city. In fact I said it was a GOOD city. Yet Minnesota posters still use that as reason to attack MY city with outright stereotypes and lies. Anyway, I'm not getting sucked into a flame war. I've stated my opinion, which is just as valid as anyone else's. So let's move on.
Anyone who wants to determine your credibility on this issue can simply look at your posting history, and make their own decision on the matter--but yes, let's move on.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:55 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,910,863 times
Quote:
And some responses/histories of Cleveland boosters would lead one to believe that Cleveland was responsible for the "parting of the waters", the discovery of the New World, and the invention of sliced bread. You'd think that the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce had infiltrated City-Data, extolling its "unique" virtues ( like having its main river catch on fire?), and other assorted gems..

Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
And some responses/histories of Cleveland boosters would lead one to believe that Cleveland was responsible for the "parting of the waters", the discovery of the New World, and the invention of sliced bread. You'd think that the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce had infiltrated City-Data, extolling its "unique" virtues ( like having its main river catch on fire?), and other assorted gems..
Wow, okay, bringing up 40+ year old news. Look, Cleveland is an underdog type place, and we know much of the country thinks basically, we're the a**hole of the nation. No one, save perhaps the poster named JohnDBaumgardner, thinks Cleveland is responsible for the parting of the waters. We just feel the need to defend Cleveland from the unfairly negative image that many people have about us.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:05 AM

4,520 posts, read 5,093,240 times
Quote:
Wow, okay, bringing up 40+ year old news. Look, Cleveland is an underdog type place, and we know much of the country thinks basically, we're the a**hole of the nation. No one, save perhaps the poster named JohnDBaumgardner, thinks Cleveland is responsible for the parting of the waters. We just feel the need to defend Cleveland from the unfairly negative image that many people have about us.
... from people like MassVt who, obviously, is living in La, La land...

Old 03-07-2015, 03:41 AM

3 posts, read 4,356 times
Most underrated cities include Cleveland, Milwaukee, Harrisburg, Detroit, Rochester, Albany, Buffalo and Columbus. They all have attractive downtowns with cool skylines and plenty of impressive historic architecture. Cleveland, Milwaukee and Detroit are especially filled with gorgeous historic buildings and beautiful natural settings along lakes and rivers. I think that Pittsburgh, Minneapolis and Cincinnati are getting lots of respect these days. The country is finally discovering how amazing those cities are.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:15 PM

207 posts, read 338,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
agree about Cleveland being overrated, I was stuck there for a week one day and went to one of their museums that while nice looking on the outside, had nothing of worth on display unless you count Drew Carey's coloring books from his youth as being someting special.
I'm not familiar with this museum, if it even exists. However, if you plebeian mind can appreciate it, you should visit one of our real museums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City