Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is a good place for people from a small town.
Washington DC 22 33.85%
Chicago 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 10:09 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,350,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
As everyone but you and your hand-slapping buddy have been discussing, Chicago is more dense and far larger a city than DC, and yes - on the ground, there is more activity. More hussle and bustle. It's definitely faster-paced than DC. Visit some time and you'll see.

But yeah, I forgot you were one of the hyper-focused DC boosters, so it's to be expected that you would place DC in the center of the universe. You should get out of DC some time, a bit of perspective would do you good.
I'm not a DC booster. You have a problem with me because of the Vegas vs. DC forum. You're not slick and clearly very in your feelings because of it. But that's not my problem *sips cup*

Btw I chose chicago over DC in this forum. Good day sir
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 10:23 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
While it may not be the swearing New Yorker, it is rude, and pushy, in it's own way.
The only pushiness I've ever encountered in DC is "Can you get this done by Tuesday instead of Thursday?" That's really about it. The culture is very PC. People won't necessarily walk by you on the street and say "Hiiiiiii!" but they're not rude either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictSonic View Post
The person who stated DC is very education centric is also right, but I would not call it politically centric. Public sector centric, yeah, but there is a difference there. Not everybody is an activist or lobbyist. Many are just rather boring office workers.
It is "politically centric." Not everyone has to work in politics for the general tenor of the town to revolve around the political.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:30 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,751,203 times

This is Gallery Place on a normal day. Anybody else find it ironic that BajanYankee chose a video of New York and Chicago at rush hour (the youtube videos even say rush hour lol) and chose some random bus video for D.C.....smh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiZTdxGl4s

Old 11-13-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
This is Gallery Place on a normal day. Anybody else find it ironic that BajanYankee chose a video of New York and Chicago at rush hour (the youtube videos even say rush hour lol) and chose some random bus video for D.C.....smh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiZTdxGl4s
That's not rush hour.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
That's not rush hour.

I know, if it was rush hour, you wouldn't even be able to see the sidewalk. Have you ever been to Gallery Place at 5:00 p.m. on a weekday! : smack:

Maybe I need to go make a video of Gallery Place at rush hour and post it here so people can see your lies and hidden agenda.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I know, if it was rush hour, you wouldn't even be able to see the sidewalk. Have you ever been to Gallery Place at 5:00 p.m. on a weekday! : smack:
I worked there for 5 years. I know exactly what it looks like. Unless it's inaugural weekend or some big event (i.e., Cherry Blossom Festival), you are not going to see packed sidewalks in DC.

I think you really need to visit other cities, man.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I worked there for 5 years. I know exactly what it looks like. Unless it's inaugural weekend or some big event (i.e., Cherry Blossom Festival), you are not going to see packed sidewalks in DC.

I think you really need to visit other cities, man.

Well idiot, why did you post that video then? Are you really trying to say that is what Gallery Place looks like at 5:00 p.m. on a weekday? I swear, D.C. is so much better off since you moved away. Now, if we could just get you to stop talking about the city as well as visiting, the process would be complete.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:57 AM

Downtown DC during rush hour. No crowded sidewalks.

Downtown DC Archives Commuter Bus Action!!! - YouTube

DC rush hour - YouTube

Bike Ride Through Washington DC Rush Hour Traffic - YouTube

Old 11-13-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Well idiot, why did you post that video then?
The video that I posted was Gallery Place during rush hour. The video you posted wasn't.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Two can play at this game. Get a life! I could find the same thing in NYC too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNGd8yp58cI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City