Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Houston vs Dallas. Better reputation?
Houston 83 25.38%
Dallas 195 59.63%
Draw 49 14.98%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 08:43 AM

6,290 posts, read 7,496,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Because, perhaps, they dont feel the need to constantly try and boost their city to a bunch of strangers who they will never meet.

Im antagonistic and I dont care so thats different.
They'll never meet those people in the Texas forum either and they (Dallas homers) squawk to no end on that forum. Maybe they just don't think their "bias" will be backed up on the city vs city forum the way it is on the Texas forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 09:03 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
They'll never meet those people in the Texas forum either and they (Dallas homers) squawk to no end on that forum. Maybe they just don't think their "bias" will be backed up on the city vs city forum the way it is on the Texas forum.
Youre trying to make too much out of it. They dont care.

Its crazy, but people from Dallas really dont care what goes on down here. I know you being the resident, over the top Houston booster, you cannot comprehend that. But its true.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:08 AM

638 posts, read 568,394 times
Quote:

Its crazy, but people from Dallas really dont care what goes on down here. I know you being the resident, over the top Houston booster, you cannot comprehend that. But its true.
This is spot on.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:38 AM

Quote:

When you post it on the Texas forum they care a whole bunch. No, I think they just don't feel they have the back up on this forum they do on other forums. And BTW most people in either metro don't pay much attention as to what happens in other cities . But on CD there are plenty of DFW posters who care about what is posted at least....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy1953 View Post
This is spot on.
^^^ Case in point......

Old 08-03-2015, 09:41 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
Whatever makes you sleep at night Jack.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:06 PM

12,825 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
You have it backwards Dallas and "other" cities are obsessed with Houston. Houston is without a doubt the most hatted city on the internet.....Get over it...
Dallasites are too self absorbed to care about Houston. They don't care about a perceived rivalry.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Dallasites are too self absorbed to care about Houston. They don't care about a perceived rivalry.
It's obvious that at least on C-D that is just not the case. There are too many Houston vs dallas threads to list them all but here are 2 with over 13,000 post most of which are by posters from DFW.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...l#post40678581

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...llas-1294.html

Old 08-03-2015, 07:34 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,726 times
Quote:
It's obvious that at least on C-D that is just not the case. There are too many Houston vs dallas threads to list them all but here are 2 with over 13,000 post most of which are by posters from DFW.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...l#post40678581

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texas...llas-1294.html
Stop making stuff up. Both Houston and Dallas posters go after each other. It's a lie to say one doesn't think about the other. I see Houston stirring up the pot just as much as Dallas

Old 08-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
Stop making stuff up. Both Houston and Dallas posters go after each other. It's a lie to say one doesn't think about the other. I see Houston stirring up the pot just as much as Dallas
Pay attention dude that's exactly what I was posting. It was Gaylord_Focker who was trying to claim Dallasites were oblivious to Houston and other cities... Scroll up 2 or 3 post and see for yourself

Last edited by Jack Lance; 08-03-2015 at 08:24 PM..

Old 08-04-2015, 07:29 AM

8 posts, read 15,908 times
My brother travels to Dallas extensively from Houston. He simply says (and I think it's true) that you can't like both cities. They are too different.

Dallas IS pretentious IMO. Houston is anything BUT pretentious. It's the friendliest city for it's size in the USA.

...and yes, I'm biased. But I've lived many places- nothing compares with the friendly vibe. It's not exactly easy to live here with the heat and traffic, but that's a different conversation.

ETA: I can say without a doubt, Dallas has the better reputation.

Last edited by hazelnut321; 08-04-2015 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City