Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 03:51 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,442,955 times

Advertisements

Arkansas, better COL and still a beautiful state

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Cincinnati, Ohio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 04:01 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,589,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Arkansas, better COL and still a beautiful state

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania or Cincinnati, Ohio?
Cincinnati. Very underrated metro and one of my favorite. I like Pittsburgh in a lot of way, but would like to see its growth rate go up more and have better housing stock.

St. Louis, MO (IL) metro or Detroit, MI metro?

Old 01-01-2021, 05:23 PM

9,587 posts, read 5,879,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Cincinnati. Very underrated metro and one of my favorite. I like Pittsburgh in a lot of way, but would like to see its growth rate go up more and have better housing stock.

St. Louis, MO (IL) metro or Detroit, MI metro?
Lived in Metro Detroit for 14 years and wouldn't ever want to go back; never been to St. Louis, but I've heard many good things about it, so: St. Louis.

Denver, CO, or Brevard, NC?

Old 01-01-2021, 05:56 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,599,835 times
Denver.

Myrtle Beach or Savannah.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:07 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,276,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Denver.

Myrtle Beach or Savannah.
Savannah. Bigger and I'm sure has more amenities. Mobile AL or Huntsville AL?

Old 01-02-2021, 10:41 AM

9,587 posts, read 5,879,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Savannah. Bigger and I'm sure has more amenities. Mobile AL or Huntsville AL?
Huntsville. Well-educated population (greatest number of Ph.Ds in the country, I believe) in a beautiful region.

Lancaster, PA, or Buffalo, NY?

Old 01-02-2021, 11:37 AM

14,371 posts, read 9,274,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Huntsville. Well-educated population (greatest number of Ph.Ds in the country, I believe) in a beautiful region.

Lancaster, PA, or Buffalo, NY?
Buffalo is bigger, has a light metro, is close to scenic Niagara Falls and is the birthplace of that game-day staple, Buffalo chicken wings.

But Lancaster is surrounded by some of the loveliest farmland in the country, has the oldest public farmers' market in the country, has a downtown that's livelier than Buffalo's after controlling for relative size, and punches above its weight on several fronts (culture, arts, QOL). And it's just a little over an hour from Philadelphia.

Ergo, Lancaster takes this one in an upset.

Lancaster, Pa., or Springfield, Mo.?

Old 01-02-2021, 05:38 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,276,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Buffalo is bigger, has a light metro, is close to scenic Niagara Falls and is the birthplace of that game-day staple, Buffalo chicken wings.

But Lancaster is surrounded by some of the loveliest farmland in the country, has the oldest public farmers' market in the country, has a downtown that's livelier than Buffalo's after controlling for relative size, and punches above its weight on several fronts (culture, arts, QOL). And it's just a little over an hour from Philadelphia.

Ergo, Lancaster takes this one in an upset.

Lancaster, Pa., or Springfield, Mo.?
Springfield. Bigger and I'm more familiar with the area. Lawrence KS or Lawrence MA?

Old 01-02-2021, 08:28 PM

9,741 posts, read 9,533,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Springfield. Bigger and I'm more familiar with the area. Lawrence KS or Lawrence MA?
Lawrence, MA. I love the state park in the city and proximity to Manchester and Boston suburbs. I adore New England and plan to explore the area soon.

Richmond, VA or Sacramento, CA?

Old 01-03-2021, 06:31 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,589,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lawrence, MA. I love the state park in the city and proximity to Manchester and Boston suburbs. I adore New England and plan to explore the area soon.

Richmond, VA or Sacramento, CA?
Richmond. Great smaller of the medium sized metros. Sacramento is not a place I hate, I've just always found it, "meh". Too, I couldn't live anywhere in today's CA. Just too extreme in most every negative way.

Cape Cod, MA or Long Island, NY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City