Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 08:18 AM

2,567 posts, read 2,902,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
I'll propose a new matchup:

Dover, Delaware or Bristol, Rhode Island?
Bristol... seems like a nicer city and I like its location right on the water. Also is located in a more populous region which helps for jobs/amenities.

Miles City, MT or Rawlins, WY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 10:51 AM

3,936 posts, read 2,247,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Bristol... seems like a nicer city and I like its location right on the water. Also is located in a more populous region which helps for jobs/amenities.

Miles City, MT or Rawlins, WY?
Rawlins. It's slightly larger. Cleveland TN or Oak Ridge TN?

Old 01-06-2021, 11:00 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,565,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Oak Ridge. I actually like both cities and love the metro areas they're in. But I like the Knoxville area (Oak Ridge) just a tad better. But I could live in either and be happy.

Overland Park, KS or Covington, KY?

Old 01-06-2021, 11:00 AM

13,773 posts, read 8,070,412 times
Quote:
Cleveland TN or Oak Ridge TN?
Cleveland. As standalone cities, Cleveland is far superior to Oak Ridge. It's an actual city with a real downtown and gridded streets as opposed to Oak Ridge's sprawly, twisty-turny, lack-of-a-center mess. Cleveland also has quicker and easier access to its big city (Chattanooga) than Oak Ridge does to its (Knoxville).

Hayti or Cuba, Missouri?

Old 01-06-2021, 11:02 AM

455 posts, read 774,839 times
Quote:

Oak Ridge TN all day every day! Better location, Melton Lake, Historical area, and some of the lowest crime rates in TN.

College Station, TX or Manhattan, KS?

Old 01-06-2021, 11:43 AM

14,329 posts, read 9,210,919 times
Wow, a triple stomp!

Taking them one by one:

Covington. I like my native Kansas City better than I do Cincinnati, but I think Covington is more interesting than Overland Park.

(Another cute pairing by FSUMike) Cuba. The Missouri Bootheel is just too Mississippi-like for me; I'd rather be close to the Ozarks, which Cuba is.

Manhattan. The home of the K-State Wildcats is in the middle of the Flint Hills, one of the most scenic parts of Kansas, while the Aggies have to deal with the windswept High Plains unfiltered.

Lebanon, Pa., or Lebanon, Tenn.?

Old 01-06-2021, 01:26 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,565,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Wow, a triple stomp!

Taking them one by one:

Covington. I like my native Kansas City better than I do Cincinnati, but I think Covington is more interesting than Overland Park.

(Another cute pairing by FSUMike) Cuba. The Missouri Bootheel is just too Mississippi-like for me; I'd rather be close to the Ozarks, which Cuba is.

Manhattan. The home of the K-State Wildcats is in the middle of the Flint Hills, one of the most scenic parts of Kansas, while the Aggies have to deal with the windswept High Plains unfiltered.

Lebanon, Pa., or Lebanon, Tenn.?
Lebanon TN. I like both towns and the metros they're in. But I love the Nashville area so much. This is REALLY close, but I'll go with Lebanon, TN.

DAyton, OH or Worcester, MA?

Old 01-06-2021, 01:32 PM

403 posts, read 299,217 times
Worcester, MA

I prefer New England over Ohio.

Gladwyne, PA or Potomac, MD?

Old 01-06-2021, 01:55 PM

13,773 posts, read 8,070,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penna76 View Post
Gladwyne, PA or Potomac, MD?
Affluent and leafy exurbs of Philly and DC, respectively, and both with scenic river settings.

Gladwyne is the easy choice for me, as I'd rather be near Philly than DC.

Hanover, Pennsylvania or Hanover, New Hampshire?

Old 01-06-2021, 06:26 PM

9,723 posts, read 9,485,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Affluent and leafy exurbs of Philly and DC, respectively, and both with scenic river settings.

Gladwyne is the easy choice for me, as I'd rather be near Philly than DC.

Hanover, Pennsylvania or Hanover, New Hampshire?
Hanover, New Hampshire. New England is already criminally underrated. I have explored Concord and like the small towns there.

Huntsville, AL or Columbia, SC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City